Sign in to follow this  
KvickFlygarn87

The ARM megathread

Awwww, this is the ONLY day of the entire week that I have things planned.:(

Oh well, Squad is still awesome.

Plans are there to be scrapped.

Concerning the looks of the new large parts, Is it just me or do they look out of place?

I just think that they look to NASA-y. They don't look Kerbal enough.

Maybe that's because NASA helped make them?

Guys, there's a reason this is referred to as a special patch, and not just .24. It's a special project in conjunction with NASA, so yeah, it's gonna have a little bit of a NASA feel to it.

Plans are there to be scrapped.

Exactly my logic! I told my girlfriend that when ARM drops, I'll be out of commission for awhile. :sticktongue:

QUESTION: I know that the ARM update is similar to an "add-on" but will it be part of the game? Soooo, when .24 drops will it include the NASA parts and Asteroids? Or will I have to play 23.5 for Asteroids and NASA?

Edited by bigdad84

2074yu4sw2.gif

*squirrel laugh* Hehehe! I have to leave for a week on Friday though...(but the reason for leaving is awesome)

Exactly my logic! I told my girlfriend that when ARM drops, I'll be out of commission for awhile. :sticktongue:

QUESTION: I know that the ARM update is similar to an "add-on" but will it be part of the game? Soooo, when .24 drops will it include the NASA parts and Asteroids? Or will I have to play 23.5 for Asteroids and NASA?

Yes, it's just like a regular update so the parts will still be there.

I'm watching the "NASA Asteroid Initiative Opportunities Forum" video(3hr press conference) about the real thing while I wait:

You know guys, they may just be putting up a video for a release date announcement, like they did with .22.

Edited by RocketPilot573

You know guys, they may just be putting up a video for a release date announcement, like they did with .22.

That may be, but a date (I'm guessing they wouldn't announce a date more than 1 or 2 days in advance) has a whole lot more substance than SoonTM.

"No Kerbal is to be left in space before transitioning to a new (version of) reality."

Preparing for emergency time acceleration and return of Duna Expedition!

Does anyone know if the arm update is going to require all mods to be updated? I just finished a 16 mission station and I'd like to keep it and get the asteroids.

It's likely some will need to be updated, in Scott Manleys new video I think kerbal engineering had issues with the new 2.5 engine + fuel tank part for example.

Some modders are part of the testing team and are sometimes able to get a new release of the mod pretty soon after the update hits though :)

Edit: Also I think it was mentioned somewhere that old saves won't have asteroids in them, you'll have to start a new save to get them.

Is there a way to move a vessel that's in orbit from one save to another?

There is. It is somewhat complicated as it involves editing the save file.

On some level I'm happy that I'll be gone until the midle of next week since we'll probably be over most of the server melting by then.

43557-steam-steam-logo-wallpaper2.png

On some level I'm happy that I'll be gone until the midle of next week since we'll probably be over most of the server melting by then.

Squad is so good at building hype.

Does anyone know if the arm update is going to require all mods to be updated? I just finished a 16 mission station and I'd like to keep it and get the asteroids.

If you use mods and want to keep playing with them, make sure you back up your KSP directory somewhere before updating. Or install the new version to a new directory. Not all mods necessarily need an update with every release but any of them may need one. Part mods are usually more safe than mods that provide functionality.

I'm heading out to a customer presentation this afternoon, but I plan on having a cold tomorrow. I hope that I am not wasting a sick day.

I'm waiting for the animation, don't they post the animation before the patch comes out?