[1.4.1] KerbTrack v1.5: Head tracking using your webcam, TrackIR, Oculus Rift, joystick (2018-03-14)

pizzaoverhead

Ok, I can't get this to work. Or even show up in KSP. At all. I just did a completely vanilla install of KSP, no other mods at all. I merged gamadata for ksp-32 bit. Installed facetracknoIR, got it up and running (it shows a monochrome video feed with a yellow outline tracking my face). In KSP it doesn't appear to do anything. I also tried adding module manager 2.3.5 and it said 0 patches applied and 0 hidden items during the loading screen.

I've checked and double checked to ensure I have the correct files in the correct places. What gives?

I hope this is relevant:

Kerbal Space Program - 0.24.2.559 (WindowsPlayer)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8)

RAM: 16268

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600 (1988MB)

SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvumdshim.dll 9.18.13.4052])

RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Mon, Sep 22, 2014 15:50:50

[LOG 15:50:51.686] Load(Assembly): KerbTrack/KerbTrack

[LOG 15:50:51.688] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\Users\errol_000\Downloads\KSP_win\GameData\KerbTrack\KerbTrack.dll

[LOG 15:50:51.715] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 15:50:51.727] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KerbTrack': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TrackIRTracker' from assembly 'KerbTrack, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

[LOG 15:50:51.735] Load(Audio): Squad/Parts/Utility/LandingLeg/sounds/sound_servomotor

[LOG 15:50:51.816] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/editorLoop01

[LOG 15:50:52.050] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_ambience_nature

[LOG 15:50:52.986] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_flick

[LOG 15:50:53.008] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_latch

[LOG 15:50:53.041] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/sound_click_sharp

Edited by Errol

Yeah you need TrackIRUnity.dll in the GameData/KerbTrack folder. I think the TrackIRTracker has a fixed dependency on that DLL because the DLL is one of the fancy C# ones, not a native one (the native ones are loaded on-demand). So it'd fail to load the class even though it never actually uses the class? That'd be my guess, at least. I'm not sure why that DLL doesn't seem to be included in the current release.

If I remove it, my setup breaks even though I'm explicitly using the OculusRift tracker.

By the way, I updated my local fork of KerbTrack to support the interface changes in the OculusRift tracker (thanks pizzaoverhead!) so you can now

* recenter by pressing [home] (by default)

and also

* use quaternions for the head rotation (so you can look straight up/down without getting gimbal lock issues.)

Download here! Also includes the missing mystery DLL. I have no idea if this violates some license - if you think it does, sue me. (Or just tell me.)

Problem solved. Thank you. I don't know how I missed this post in my frantic search for solutions. Just need some LEDs now....

Mystery dll AKA trackIRunity.dll is what I was missing, and was NOT included in initial download.

Yeah you need TrackIRUnity.dll in the GameData/KerbTrack folder. I think the TrackIRTracker has a fixed dependency on that DLL because the DLL is one of the fancy C# ones, not a native one (the native ones are loaded on-demand). So it'd fail to load the class even though it never actually uses the class? That'd be my guess, at least. I'm not sure why that DLL doesn't seem to be included in the current release.

If I remove it, my setup breaks even though I'm explicitly using the OculusRift tracker.

By the way, I updated my local fork of KerbTrack to support the interface changes in the OculusRift tracker (thanks pizzaoverhead!) so you can now

* recenter by pressing [home] (by default)

and also

* use quaternions for the head rotation (so you can look straight up/down without getting gimbal lock issues.)

Download here! Also includes the missing mystery DLL. I have no idea if this violates some license - if you think it does, sue me. (Or just tell me.)

Thanks FeepingCreature. I'll have to find a better way to load that DLL.

In the meantime, I have repackaged the mod to include the DLL (pull request not included yet).

I've been playing with the DK2 plugin a bit more, and there seems to be an issue with looking directly down, where the camera flips wildly even if the headtracker is using quaternions. I suspect some part of KSP converts to Euler angles and back, or something like that?

LinuxTrack looks reasonably supportable, but I don't have any device that works with that, so I can't test it. You could try to mod it in yourself - KerbTrack is open source, and it's pretty easy to add new plugins. (The source code is nice and understandable.) Maybe also file an enhancement request to try and get the devs to expose quaternions instead.

Anyone here have any experience with freetrack just crashing when you click the start button with your PS3 eye selected? The eye works for FreetracknoIR, but I just got myself a headset mounted IR constellation and want to try it out. I'm on windows 8.1, with 16 gb RAM, nvidia gtx 750m 2bgb vram, intel quad core, ksp 32 bit (though I'm not that far yet). Anyway ideas?

Anyone here have any experience with freetrack just crashing when you click the start button with your PS3 eye selected? The eye works for FreetracknoIR, but I just got myself a headset mounted IR constellation and want to try it out. I'm on windows 8.1, with 16 gb RAM, nvidia gtx 750m 2bgb vram, intel quad core, ksp 32 bit (though I'm not that far yet). Anyway ideas?

Check out this thread on the FreeTrack forums for that issue:

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3400

Well, I ran into a new issue. Got it running with my TrackIR5, but it unfortunately overrides my Saitek X52 setup when I try to fly. Worse, it appears to be a bit random. Sometimes I lose throttle control, other times roll is mapped to my head without asking me a thing.

Forced to uninstall at this time, which is a bit of a bummer, as I was hoping to TwitchCast with it today.

SaSquatch, what mods are you using?

Cosmetics: Better Atmospheres V5 (the skybox is from the astronomer pack... I think), Distant Object Enhancement, Texture Replacer, Chatterer and the KSO Phase4 pack.

Others would include FAR, DRE, Interstellar, Tac, RemoteTech, and others that don't really pop up in the video.... oh yea, 64bit with no texture management

Edited by SaSquatch

Yes, working very well in 0.25.

I wonder... would it be possible to make the head tracking default to off for the exterior views? The mod works great in cockpit, but I don't really want to use it outside.

I agree, this option would be great.

Ask and ye shall receive! Version 1.1 is now available here. It adds menu toggles for disabling tracking in external or map views. It also adds some improvements in accuracy by FeepingCreature for the Oculus Rift.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.