[1.4.1] KerbTrack v1.5: Head tracking using your webcam, TrackIR, Oculus Rift, joystick (2018-03-14)

pizzaoverhead

Can someone explain to me the point of head tracking? It doesn't make sense to me to have to turn your head away from the screen to make the view move.

The only way this can be enjoyable imo is if it could track your eyeball instead of your head.

The way it works, is the image on the screen moves much more than your head does. It does seem counterintuitive, but when you experience it for yourself, you'll be hooked. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get the stock implementation working, or is this working in 1.0.2? I was using freetrack before, don't have a copy of the trackIR sortware. I am using a DIY IR rig.

Has anyone been able to get the stock implementation working, or is this working in 1.0.2? I was using freetrack before, don't have a copy of the trackIR sortware. I am using a DIY IR rig.

Nothing saying this works in 1.0, gotta try it ourselves, but I don't think stock supports webcam face tracking, only the TrackIR.

Just made my IR clip today and it seems to be working in 1.0.2 as far as I can tell... but I really really need to configure trackIR first, right now Jeb is hitting his forehead against the panels as it feels! :D

Anyone have a profile and wants to share it for TrackIR?

Make sure that you aren't using any other mods which affect IVA camera position such as KerbQuake. Check the game log for any exceptions, or make it available here via pastebin, dropbox or similar so that I can check it.

I had the same issue - in the logs I was spamming exceptions about the quat call in the ovr wrapper lib being not found. Oddly I did rebuild the lib and even after doing that (much fun was too - needed updates for orsdk 0.6), but even after that it still couldnt find the dllexport.

Pushing the iva code through the non-quat code as used in external view worked though.

This was all on my work PC though so I don't have access to it till after theweekend, but i dont think my local changes are that hard to replicate.

oh... and the 64bit check is incorrect... its checking for the o/s being 64bit i think, rather than the unity player in use, so it tries to load the 64 bit ovr tracking wrapper when it doesn't need to.

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent/badly written - v.tired.

• 2 weeks later...
oh... and the 64bit check is incorrect... its checking for the o/s being 64bit i think, rather than the unity player in use, so it tries to load the 64 bit ovr tracking wrapper when it doesn't need to.

That's a serious bug. 32-bit KSP installs won't work on 64-bit machines (i.e. the vast majority of installs) in this situation. I'll fix this in a future patch.

I've never done any .net development before but in desperation to get some kind of head tracking for us Linux users, I'm looking into how this whole thing works.

If I copied the FreeTrack.cs, installed SharpDX (done) and followed this stack overflow to try and get DirectInput to grab joystick data does this look like a solution that would work to grab input from a "device"?

Another problem I've encountered is that I don't have TrackIRUnity.dll so I won't be able to compile it. Does this look like a viable solution? Is anyone in a viable position to test this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wait so.....how much does this let you move in IVA? Because if the answer is "A LOT" then you could make 'walk'able IVAs......MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Up to several hundred meters outside of the craft, straight through its walls, depending on the sensitivity you set. You could probably rig something up to allow some buggy IVAing. It's on my plan to look at for a future mod.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

Up to several hundred meters outside of the craft, straight through its walls, depending on the sensitivity you set. You could probably rig something up to allow some buggy IVAing. It's on my plan to look at for a future mod.

OH......MY........

YES

​(Activate Gravity music)

- - - Updated - - -

I just imagine floating through a space station.....

Oh, and does this work with 1.0.x?

• 2 weeks later...

Having trouble with this... (Oculus Rift)

It seems to be working to some degree, I turn my head in IVA and the camera turns... but not enough! I see in your instructions it says to activate rift more in the options in the pause menu? I can't see anything other than default KSP options in the pause menu. Also no Icon for kerb track.

Is this still working?

Do I need toolbar installed or something?

can you confirm if 32bit version is for 32 bit KSP, or 32 bit windows?

Has windows 10 broken the mod?

Thanks in advance! :)

New oculus files seem to be broken... no kerb track at all with them.

Also tried to install new version of kerb track but seems to have a completely different file structure so not compatible with the OR files? (they still use the old structure).

Still no sign of anything in the pause menu either.

New oculus files seem to be broken... no kerb track at all with them.

Also tried to install new version of kerb track but seems to have a completely different file structure so not compatible with the OR files? (they still use the old structure).

Still no sign of anything in the pause menu either.

Thanks, I made an error in packaging. You can get the correct version here. The external Rift files are no longer needed; everything for Rift support is included. Oculus OVR PosRotWrapper.dll should be placed in the root of the KSP directory, next to KSP.exe and GameData, and the included GameData should be merged with KSP's GameData directory.

Edited by pizzaoverhead

Are you getting the LED on the tracking camera? Check that you have the Rift selected as the tracking source in the pause menu, and make sure that Oculus OVR PosRotWrapper.dll is installed next to the GameData directory, not inside it. Check your output_log.txt for any errors, and post a copy of it here. You may need to install the latest version of the Oculus runtime (currently V.0.6.0.1) if you haven't done so already.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.