[0.23.5] [WiP] RedAV8R Realism Packs for RSS - Last Update 18 June 2014

RedAV8R

Both OLDD and FASA are basically the same models. That said, make sure you have the latest versions of both OLDD and/or FASA as well as my RSS_***.cfg files. I can't replicate your issue, and you are the first to mention it. Yes, the node is inside the capsule, that's the way it is designed, but you can still attach it, just move the heatshield up and down a bit, it'll attach to the correct node. It's actually easier now than before w/o my files IMO.

Aha, realised what my issue was. Didn't read into your instructions enough, I guess. I would copy the forders from zips to GameData as they were, Fasa and OLDD. Forgot that I had to put them inside RealismOverhaul forder.. Which already had some of your configs by default. I ended up with everything getting patched twice. My bad.

Alright, encountered another issue. This is probably on my side again, but I'm getting negative amounts of resources on Apollo CM and LEM ascent stage as well as descent stage. What could be going wrong this time?

WFrToOzl.jpg

Alright, encountered another issue. This is probably on my side again, but I'm getting negative amounts of resources on Apollo CM and LEM ascent stage as well as descent stage. What could be going wrong this time?

http://i.imgur.com/WFrToOzl.jpg

That is actually a bug with the new RealFuels v6+, I know what is causing it and have let NathanKell and the gang know, up to them to fix it...Only way around it, is to delete all tanks, and refill, but you will be missing 99% of your electric charge if you fill everything else to where they should be.

It's a problem of RealFuels not using the already defined values of tank properties. The big one is utilization of ElectricCharge, which pre-defined at 100, however it's not properly being read and defaults to 1...making a tank of 4032kW of juice be equal to 4032L instead of 40.32L, since the overall volume of the CM is considerably less, it screws everything up. Be patient, they'll get it working right.

Only way to enjoy KSP at the moment is to revert back to RF 5.3, unsure how well PP will work with that though, might have to go back to StretchySRB/Tanks.

Edited by RedAV8R

Just a question. How do you calculate how much fuel to give the fuel tanks. I want to make real engines configs for the NASA parts. The engines are fairly easy to do. The problem I have is I don't know how much fuel I should put in the fuel tanks.

Just a question. How do you calculate how much fuel to give the fuel tanks. I want to make real engines configs for the NASA parts. The engines are fairly easy to do. The problem I have is I don't know how much fuel I should put in the fuel tanks.

The tanks themselves are volume based. So is the ratio for engine consumption. Take into account though the usual O/F ratio quoted for engines is almost always weight based. Each unit in KSP is 1 liter. You might want to hold off on the NASA stuff as Racoon*** is working on adapting them to the SLS stuff, which I believe you are referring to. Both Nathan and I have excel spreadsheets to do the 'tough' math.

I got...somewhere. It got to the point where I just had to guess, it put me off so much I stopped. I can try again if you want. What I did is take the normal amount of ignitions an engine had during most missions, and then add 1 or 2 for some engines (J2s were ignited twice, I set it to 3) unless special occasions like launch engines or smaller maneuver engines like probes or service module ones. For those I put 50-100.

I will try to keep doing it.

Edit: I'm having trouble finding it. I may have deleted the file.

Edit 2: **** YES! I found the file in my trash. I'll upload to Mediafire just in case something happens

Edit 3: http://www./view/aje4969280uw5dh/real_engines_ignitor.cfg I haven't done many, maybe 30%. I plan on doing the russian engines last since soviet secrecy makes info difficult to find.

Edit 4: I've got almost everything done, just missing most of the Soviet engine pack and Kosmos pack engines. I should be ready for release tomorrow.

Edited by coldblade2000

Any chance of getting the realchute config for the apollo parachutes working? Tried enabling it in the .cfg, Obviously you have it //'ed out for a reason haha.

Yeah, issue with model, need to go back, I've got DennyTX's support to made any changes as required to various things, so, when I get some time I'll go back to it as well.

will these work for the new LazTek SpaceX

The new LazTek is coming very shortly, I'm hoping today but surely by end of the weekend. It will be included in the next RO release scheduled for release very shortly baring other issues.

Eagerly awaiting your next release RedAV8R. You do a fantastic job.

Thank you! Still much more to come!

Update..

KerbX is updated...BIG ISSUE THOUGH with SFJBRealEngines, until a new version is released if you want to use that engine pack, going to have to go in and delete the 3 KerbX engines...the new version of the engine pack will have this already done.

LazTek going to wait until 'Normal' Pack is released...the HD version isn't playing nice even with compression, got the ground work laid, but details won't happen until I can test in game.

Also noticed an issue with HotRockets! Going to see what I can do to resolve that on both our ends. In the mean time, if you want to use HotRockets, need to delete the MM for KerbX in the HotRockets install.

Update..

KerbX is updated...BIG ISSUE THOUGH with SFJBRealEngines, until a new version is released if you want to use that engine pack, going to have to go in and delete the 3 KerbX engines...the new version of the engine pack will have this already done.

I'm looking at the KerbX pack files and I believe there's 4 engines total for it. Which ones do I delete?

UPDATE!!!

LazTek and KerbX now updated, you can find it at the OP.

Working on an update to SFJackBauer's RealEngine set, and some incompatibilities with that, RO, and my RSS patches.

As SFJackBauer had quite a few duplicates between packs, with the advent of texture compression, load on demand, 64-bit, etc...I'm NOT going to have any duplicates if they are already featured in any one of my RSS patches, be it FASA, OLDD, KerbX, etc. That means if FASA has a LR-91 (and it does) it WILL NOT appear again. The same engine will not be present in both Squad stock, and KW/NP/anything else.

Edited by RedAV8R

Cheers for all the hard work Red, quick question. What docking port have you configured the Dragon V2 to use? I fiddled around with it and couldn't quite find the correct combination in order to lock the retractable nosecone in the proper position.

Cheers for all the hard work Red, quick question. What docking port have you configured the Dragon V2 to use? I fiddled around with it and couldn't quite find the correct combination in order to lock the retractable nosecone in the proper position.

Dang it, it doesn't have one yet:( I'll take a look this afternoon and figure it out. Because of it's size, IRL I'm guessing it's going to use the new NASA Docking System. My Orion RSS stuff I've configured the SDHI 'stock' docking port to size with the new NDS...I'll probably end up making/changing an RO file to make a docking port fit that size for the Dragon V2.

Dang it, it doesn't have one yet:( I'll take a look this afternoon and figure it out. Because of it's size, IRL I'm guessing it's going to use the new NASA Docking System. My Orion RSS stuff I've configured the SDHI 'stock' docking port to size with the new NDS...I'll probably end up making/changing an RO file to make a docking port fit that size for the Dragon V2.

Gotcha! Thanks again.