Add MK2 and MK3 pod IVA soon post/poll

- Thanks KasperVld for moving this thread.

I know squad is busy with the ARM update and all the other big projects that are happening currently, but I still notice how the IVA for the MK2 and MK3 cockpits are incomplete.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The pod looks great! But it has no IVA.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What I hope is for squad to look back at the unfinished IVA for the default pods before looking at the next big problems after .24 OR throw the IVA as an extra special treat on top of the ARM or .24 updates.

Again not trying to be rude! Can you just add IVA please? PS I know there are mods that have IVA for these pods. I just want stock versions. Discuss this down below if you like.

Later.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

They're aware that those IVAs are unfinished. The game has been under such heavy development that they just haven't had time to finish either one. It's on the list of things to do, I'm certain of that. It... just hasn't been done yet is all. IVAs are currently classified as "finish work", which is why the lab module also lacks an IVA at all at the moment.

I find it rather boring flying my IVA only missions from the MK1 cockpit. If nothing else, put in the minimum placeholder equipment so that the MK2 and MK3 cockpits can be used for flying. KSP may not be a flight sim, but neither is it a hardcore 'by the book' rocketry simulator. It doesn't take you two hours to get from the VAB to the launchpad, plus thirty minutes of pre-launch checks, then ten minutes before countdown start. Plus, the majority of command pods have an IVA, but these aircraft parts have been neglected since they were added in from a mod.

I use the MK2 cockpit quite a bit.. and was really confused when I was seeing video's of other people playing and there was an inside view of the cockpit... It took me a few months to realize it was because the MK2 was not finished yet, but some of the other cockpits were...

: I

They're aware that those IVAs are unfinished. The game has been under such heavy development that they just haven't had time to finish either one. It's on the list of things to do, I'm certain of that. It... just hasn't been done yet is all. IVAs are currently classified as "finish work", which is why the lab module also lacks an IVA at all at the moment.

Yep! I know their working on it in progress I'm just thinking a lot of people would like the IVA sooner than later :)

Personally, I consider IVAs and other "detail" work less important that making KSP feature complete. Get all the framework in place, than complete the pieces to work in it.

Yes I also agree that KSP needs the framework in place first before the details, but I think IVA's are important enough to be put sooner on the agenda rather than later if you know? Yes the framework needs to be done and the core essentials I think are really there already(except for money and assignments). After squad gets the ARM and .24 updates out, I think the next thing they should tackle is the IVA.

I personally don't like the smooth and bolted supports in that version :P. I want a stock IVA :rolleyes:!

The reason they haven't added IVA to those parts is because so many of those airplane/spaceplane parts are in need of revamping anyways. Once they are redone, they will get IVA cockpits. Be patient ;)

I like them how they are though...

No. Bug fixes and feature implementation before eye candy. KSP is not a flightsim.

You 100% sure on that? For some it is. And there's a space plane hanger for a reason :).

PS sorry for writing 3 separate messages :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

They really do need to redo the aircraft parts though, the colors and stuff aren't bad, but they could be more detailed, textured a bit nicer, match with other things better... Also the nodes on all of them REALLY need to be fixed. I want them to have stock IVA on those parts sooner rather than later as well, but only with updated aircraft parts. I have a feeling we might see some aeronautics updates soon after .24 though, since they'll be adding "missions" of sorts to test certain parts under certain conditions, and I think that planes and spaceplanes will be more useful then.

Yes I also agree that KSP needs the framework in place first before the details, but I think IVA's are important enough to be put sooner on the agenda rather than later if you know? Yes the framework needs to be done and the core essentials I think are really there already(except for money and assignments). After squad gets the ARM and .24 updates out, I think the next thing they should tackle is the IVA.

There's still a lot of white entries on the planned feature page, some of which are fairly important. I'd rather see work progressing on reentry effects, better aerodynamics and more celestial bodies rather than IVAs. Especially since there are several cockpit options with good IVAs already.

The one thing I find missing in these cockpits/pods is the radar altimeter.

But if you need them a lot, you can hack the Mk1 Cockpit IVA into Mk2 cockpit, and MK1-2 Pod IVA into Mk3 cockpit. Or you can use some mods that add even better IVA for them.

This is one of those things that is more of a modder issue rather than a Squad issue.

Squad will only change the IVA when the get around to changing the space plane parts all together.

Till then they sadly have no need to change them, unlike the amusing factor of the Hitchhiker can. The IVA for the two Spaceplane parts is more of function rather than fun.

I personally couldn't handle not having a functional cockpit so i got the IVA mods, which are well done and not out of place what so ever. Squad doesn't touch this probably because of these mods.

I am willing to bet they will add an IVA to the Lab module before the two Space plane cockpits.

Oh, who knows. All I know is that they'll probably not do IVA models for the cockpits until they decide to either re-do them completely, or replace them with entirely new parts anyway. Those old cockpits are quite old now, almost all the way back to 0.16, if I recall rightly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.