My Little Pony Megathread

foamyesque

Hey fellow brony\'s,

I\'m all for this thread. What I am not for is the massive amount of pic spam. I\'ll ask politely that you all SPOILER your images please. If we (by we I mean ya\'ll) want this thread to stay open, then don\'t spam it with large frames of pictures that would probably sound off my spam sense.

Can we do that? I\'d really enjoy to see this thing through.

Thanks!

-Drakomis

Hey fellow brony\'s,

I\'m all for this thread. What I am not for is the massive amount of pic spam. I\'ll ask politely that you all SPOILER your images please. If we (by we I mean ya\'ll) want this thread to stay open, then don\'t spam it with large frames of pictures that would probably sound off my spam sense.

Can we do that? I\'d really enjoy to see this thing through.

Thanks!

-Drakomis

I think it\'s generally understood that the primary purpose of pony threads is the reposting of cool art; it isn\'t spam any more than it would be in the Fan Art thread. No reason not to spoiler large blocks or quotes, but I don\'t see any problem with some images being left visible. =/

I think it\'s generally understood that the primary purpose of pony threads is the reposting of cool art; it isn\'t spam any more than it would be in the Fan Art thread. No reason not to spoiler large blocks or quotes, but I don\'t see any problem with some images being left visible. =/

There is a logic to what you perceive as my madness.

Say, for example, we allow the picture posting to continue. Say, again, for example everyone decided to post bigger, larger images. Well, eventually, not only will the forums and its server struggle, but peoples load times will suffer and generally you\'ll have a lot of irritable people. Not saying anything about the server this forum is on, which I know nothing specifically about, but I speak from experience concerning this.

Personally, I love picture posting. I further enjoy the delights of the Brony community. What I don\'t enjoy is pic spamming. It is a form of spamming and can irritate a great many people. Therefore, the logical option is to request that everyone keep the images in spoilers. In this manner you can describe your image and place a spoiler.

Brony\'s are not the only individuals that reside on this forum, Foamy. You should be well aware of this. If this thread is to survive, it must respect not only other peoples load times but furthermore encourage an orderly expression of love and tolerance.

Why and how you believed I considered my fandom to be spam is beyond me. I do, however, know that people can and will get out of control. There will be no argument to this. Keep images in spoilers and all will be fine. I do the same exact thing for everyone else. When I see an image too large and too unruly, I request it be placed in a spoiler.

Now, please, continue on topic.

Thanks!

-Drakomis

Putting images behind spoiler tags also makes it a lot easy for people to browse the forum on a mobile device. Those little screens don\'t take 1600x1200 desktop backgrounds too well. ;)

It\'s not about hiding the images, it\'s about keeping the thread accessible to the most number of bronies on a diverse amount of hardware :D

Putting images behind spoiler tags also makes it a lot easy for people to browse the forum on a mobile device. Those little screens don\'t take 1600x1200 desktop backgrounds too well. ;)

It\'s not about hiding the images, it\'s about keeping the thread accessible to the most number of bronies on a diverse amount of hardware :D

132059086185-Applejack_-_Exactly.jpg

I see the point and I browse the forums on a phone regularly, but I disagree with the conclusion. There\'s a range, you know? There\'s no need to spoilertag a 400x300 image, but an epic multipage comic should be hidden, yes?