My Little Pony Megathread

foamyesque

There is no 'Freedom of Speech' on private forums boys and girls. Your 'Freedom of Speech' is what the Company that owns this forum gives you, and at any point it\'s decided they don\'t like something you\'re doing, well, your 'freedom' of speech goes away. Though I admit to preferring the pony crap being confined in one thread in off topic than anywhere else. So like Skunk, for now I\'ll support it gladly and watch for any signs of degradation. Just remember, the people who own these forums are a company and they don\'t have to allow you to do anything, so again the whole 'freedom of speech' thing is irrelevant. Please keep it civil, respectful and etc and so forth. :)

-DR

Yeah. Season 2 started really badly, IMO, but it\'s picked up the slack nicely.

The opening two-parter was very good, I thought-- although the setup was rushed, but what can you expect, given the time constraints?-- but you\'re right, some of the earlier episodes, like Lesson Zero, were pretty meh. Haven\'t seen the latest yet, been busy shooting up Cerberus mooks. :P

Yeah. Season 2 started really badly, IMO, but it\'s picked up the slack nicely.

Wait a second....wait, wait, wait....

tumblr_lrhs0ndFHr1r0qpm0o1_500.png

THIS doesn\'t make you give a fanboy/girl squeal?! It did me...seriously...I\'m a Star Trek fan, been so almost my entire life since I was young. John de Lancie (or better known as 'Q' in the series) plays an excellent role as a god-like entity that constantly bugs the crap out of Patrick Stewart (or better known as 'Captain Jean-Luc Picard').

The moment I heard Discord\'s voice....that was when I squealed. I was giddy at the ramifications, however insignificant, of the event that I was even more hooked on the show. Discord and Q are so similar. From their finger snaps to the way they do things, it\'s completely hilarious.

So you didn\'t like that at all, Sordid?

Okay, let me explain why I don\'t like the S2 opener. It has effectively the exact same plot that the S1 opener had. A challenger appears and attempts to take over Equestria, the mane case have to find the Elements of Harmony to stop them. Now the crucial difference and the reason why I don\'t like the S2 opener is that in S1 the power of friendship was used to bring the conflict to a peaceful and amicable end. In S2 the power of friendship was literally used to turn a dude to stone. Double-yoo tee eff!?

There\'s also the fact that in S1, the mane cast overcame obstacles thanks to their own qualities and character. You learned something about the characters, and they learned something about each other and became friends. There was character development going on. In S2, Discord screws them up in the head using magic and Twilight fixes them using magic. *yawn*

Rainbow Dash exploring Uranus.

I\'d just like to tell you, I\'m in close contact with the maker of that skin (River Crab), I was talking to RC about the fact you used the RD skin.

River Crab sends bro-hoofs! /)