KASRA - A KSP Community

KASRA

tumblr_n3x2e3E5JE1rh6bqdo1_1280.jpg

WEBSITE

I proudly announce the launch of KASRA, a community of Kerbal Space Program players that play different roles in a mission. Whether you want to be a rocket engineer, a mission controller or an Astronaut, KASRA is the place for you. Using a combination of KMP, Mechjeb and Telemachus, we can recreate the real process of a daring space mission, from the design of the rocket to take off! Check out the website for more information. This community adds a lot more to the experience Kerbal Space Program gives you.

We are currently recruiting, be sure to check out the website for more details!

Edited by KASRA

This is an excellent project idea. It seems suited for educational use - I could imagine teams or even a whole classroom delegating these roles, discussing and reporting.

Really, any excuse to use the school's computers for a good use. All the stupid things I install on those Macbooks... how I would love to deploy a Kerbal package.

EDIT: I just noticed your website's social media links go to Wix defaults... you should change them!

That looks pretty awesome :) Reminds me of some of the "serious gaming" sessions I've been part of.

In lieu of KSP's contract/money/prestige system, you may want to set some house rules and assign different objectives to each class of player. For example, the flight directors want the safest mission profile, the controllers want the biggest bang for buck (though I think you have those roles mixed up), the engineers want to build the fanciest rockets, the astronauts want the most thrill and spectacle, the logistics manager wants the simplest implementation, the trajectory planner wants the smallest delta-v budget and the media rep wants the most impressive pictures. You don't need a points system (though you may want a budget) but you need to impress on each party that while the mission is important to all, their individual objectives are important to them.

Thing is, without restrictions there's pretty much nothing you can't do in KSP right now unless it's physically impossible. Set some limits, force some compromise. I'd love to see the heated discussions as each group tries to push its agenda on a high-profile mission, and I'd love to see what they settle on in the end. Good luck!

Edited by Wayfare

Yeah I've signed up for this. looks pretty cool and hope to be accepted. Hopefully when MP is fully integrated more things like this will appear, and the community as a whole will be a lot better. This deserves to be a sticky, and if more groups do appear then the concept should have its very own sub forum. This should be heavily supported.

Firstly, I would just like to thank everyone again for the fabulous support we have had during the launch of this project. Some of the ideas put forward have helped us massively

Just a small program update, we are aiming for our first launch within the next week. Our rocket designers are currently working on a rocket that will land one of our astronauts on the Mun and return him a few days later.

We are experiencing problems when trying to get more than 1 astronaut in a rocket for launch using KMP, if anyone has any ideas for multiple astronauts, we would appreciate it if you would let us know. Thanks.

If you are interested in joining this project, then please visit our website and apply!!!

kasraforksp.wix.com/kasra

Thanks

James

KASRA project leader

If you decide to use kOS instead of Mechjeb, I could write the guidance software.

Hi nettcod, using kOS is a good idea, it means we aren't just left pressing buttons on an automatic autopilot system like Mechjeb. I'm afraid none of us know much about kOS, but if you are happy to help us with it, we would love to implement it. If you could go to our website and fill out the form, we'll accept you and we can go from there?

Thanks

James

KASRA project leader

Guys, if you want to join the project, then you need to apply for it :) James can't just PM everyone about the needs, he is probably busy setting up this awesome project on a solid base. By the way, it's great where the KSP community goes. I would apply without thinking if my internet was not so limited :(

Guys, if you want to join the project, then you need to apply for it :) James can't just PM everyone about the needs, he is probably busy setting up this awesome project on a solid base. By the way, it's great where the KSP community goes. I would apply without thinking if my internet was not so limited :(

Thanks miracmert and i'm afraid you are right. We simply don't have the time to PM everyone. We are just about managing as it is.

If you are interested in KASRA, please fill out the application form on our website: http://kasraforksp.wix.com/kasra#!join_us/c21nl

And in response to your comment about poor internet, we are always looking for people to help us manage KASRA and keep our website up to date. If you can think of a way you can help, just put it in the form on our website.

Thanks

KASRA team

KASRA is conducting a rocket design meeting on 15/02/2014 at 19:30 GMT. This will hopefully show people how KASRA operates and what processes are involved. If you are interested in rocket designing, please email us and we will send you the code for our TeamViewer meeting and you can join in with the process. If your not interested in the KASRA community, see this as a big collaboration between all the rocket designing enthusiasts who play Kerbal Space Program. This will be a unique opportunity for you to work with our team. As far as we know, this is the first time anything like this has been attempted so enjoy!

If you can't make this meeting, we will have another one soon for people in different time zones who cant fit with GMT scheduling.

Our email is: [email protected]

Our website is: http://kasraforksp.wix.com/kasra

Applications to join KASRA through our website please

Thanks and we'll see you on the 15th!

Edited by KASRA
Missed information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.