Jebediah

The Jedi Master

Hey there. Typing this from a library computer with a funky mouse! Just thought I'd write this little interview to pass the time. Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerbin News Network: Welcome to KNN. We have a very special guest today--the famous Kerbonaut, Jebediah Kerman! How is it, Jeb?

Jebediah: Great, it's nice of you to have me.

KNN: As it is of you to have us. So, what is life like at KSC?

J: Busy and exciting. We're getting new recruits all the time, and missions are almost constant. We get free time, though--I spend it playing Human Space Program and running the junkyard, Bob spends time with his girlfriend, and every week we get together with Gene for Killers & Krystals.

KNN: They play K&K at the space center?

J: What? Just 'cause you're a Kerbonaut doesn't mean you can't be a wizard too.

KNN: Agreed. So, are they testing any new tech at KSC?

J: Of course! There's the SSTO planes, which are of course very glamorous, but we also have a robot arm in testing, plus a new size of engine.

KNN: Everyone is very excited about the robot arm. Can you tell us anything about it?

J: Sorry, all I can say is that its codename is, creatively enough, ARM. Everything else is classified at this time. We're working with the government on this, you know how it is.

KNN: Of course. What about the new engines? We didn't know about those.

J: Nope, sorry. It's bigger than the engines we use now, but that's all I can say.

KNN: Understandable. Is there anything you can tell us about upcoming missions?

J: Well, everyone already knows about Godspeed. We are setting up a new space station in Low Kerbin Orbit called Mirror Station. The station will watch for any asteroids besides Unity that might crop up, and serve as home base for the Godspeed program. We're also setting up a small base on Minmus to study the effects of asteroid-like gravity on kerbals for long periods of time. It will be on the moon's highest elevation for maximum effect. I'll be commander on that base.

KNN: So you aren't going on Godspeed?

J: Nope. Most of the work will be done by probes anyway, the kerbal element is just for surface samples and the flag.

KNN: Speaking of that, who has been chosen to step foot on the asteroid?

J: We don't know yet. Bob thinks it's too dangerous, so it won't be him. No word on the other Kerbonauts. If I had to guess, I think it will be someone who ends up working on the station.

KNN: Some have speculated that Bill might be coming out of retirement...

J: That's... that's private information. I made a pact with him not to discuss anything involving where he is, what he is doing or whether he is coming back.

KNN: We understand. Looks like we're almost out of time. Last question: What is it like working in space?

J: The most amazing thing in the universe. Makes me very philosophical. And don't ask religious questions, I can't discuss that. Agency policy.

KNN: Of course. Thank you. Good night, everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! :)

Although, it makes me suspicious that no one is saying anything more substantial...

Ah, but that is the nature of the fanworks forum. If people's option is "'eh, it was ok", on a new thread, they don't bother commenting. And this wasn't bad.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.