[WIP] Universal Storage

On 2/23/2016 at 4:09 PM, Daishi said:

m8vLo8d.gif

Are all the shroud variants definitely going to be flush with the capsules, decouples, and other connecting parts? I remember you said that's one reason why you wanted to remodel everything.

Looking at your post from February 23, in the first .gif that cycles through all the shroud options, it looks like at least the Saturn V variant might be sticking out just a bit, like it does in the currently released version.

Thanks for all the updates btw, I love seeing your progress!!

Edited by ev0

1 hour ago, ev0 said:

Are all the shroud variants definitely going to be flush with the capsules, decouples, and other connecting parts? I remember you said that's one reason why you wanted to remodel everything.

Looking at your post from February 23, in the first .gif that cycles through all the shroud options, it looks like at least the Saturn V variant might be sticking out just a bit, like it does in the currently released version.

Thanks for all the updates btw, I love seeing your progress!!

Yep, they're all essentially shrinking (node positions, shroud diameter and wedge profile) to be more flush with the correct stock sizes. This change is most likely going to make US1 incompatible with US2, but here's hoping people enjoy the new vision and won't mind changing mods.

Every variant should be identical in diameter, because they all share the same internals and can't clip inwards. The saturn probably doesn't have a bevel on the top lip which makes it look bigger where it hits the pod, but they're all going to come with remade decouplers/SAS systems as 'caps' to help them fit in.

And thanks, starting to enjoy this again too like the old days :P

Universal has become a central part of my Mod pack for every install since I first found it. Along with KIS/LAS amd MKS it is one of the mods I concider a must have before I start my full time career save. It looks like Every Second will be worth the waiting for this update. The models are VERY impressive and I love the new shrouds.
Hope 1.1 is treating you kindly and can't wait to crash my universal storage units into all the planets of the Kerbol system.

Alacrity

On 3/31/2016 at 11:08 PM, alacrity said:

Universal has become a central part of my Mod pack for every install since I first found it. Along with KIS/LAS amd MKS it is one of the mods I concider a must have before I start my full time career save. It looks like Every Second will be worth the waiting for this update. The models are VERY impressive and I love the new shrouds.
Hope 1.1 is treating you kindly and can't wait to crash my universal storage units into all the planets of the Kerbol system.

Alacrity

Thanks, means a lot :) 

B6KIGeR.png

Putting a bit of definition in the base.

Edited by Daishi

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, akron said:

That looks great! I can't wait for these to be on a release. I miss US. Haven't used it in a while, since the stock service bays.

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

All of my yasss.

Thanks guys! Getting closer, though i might release this without the 1.85 parts for now, just to speed things up and get it out the gate. Taken a month of leave from work, so that should help :) 

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/25/2017 at 1:41 PM, mostlydave said:

Is this still happening at some point? I check the forums every once in a while hoping for some news, but it's starting to look like the project died.

If the models are completed then I'll do the rest and publish the mod, but at the moment Dashi is busy with other commitments, and I don't know if and when he'll come back to modding for KSP.

11 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

If the models are completed then I'll do the rest and publish the mod, but at the moment Dashi is busy with other commitments, and I don't know if and when he'll come back to modding for KSP.

Thanks for the update! I hope you're able to get the new version out sometime, the preview looked great.

• 1 month later...

QZ0IfnL.jpg

Slowly UV unwrapping the 16 variants of fuel tanks onto a single texture atlas - blocking in colors as i go relative to the real-life counterparts. This should decrease load times and improve performance, but mainly help with speeding up the final texturing process when i only have to unwrap and texture repeating elements once. Three-unit high (Apollo CSM) hydrogen tank pictured :)  

14 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Fantastic job.  It's nice to see you back and I'm looking forward to all of your future work.

21 minutes ago, StarStreak2109 said:

I second this! :)

Thanks guys, means a lot!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.