[WIP] Universal Storage

4 minutes ago, Daishi said:

Thanks for the endorsement! :)

Probably not, sorry. This bay was made with all the texture elements of the earlier shrouds, and there's no room on that map for an area of foil. I'll be doing a new map for all the Russian green\brown designs @Beale uses for his parts (yes, Soyuz shrouds!), so I might see about revising it later on down the track for you. Tbh foil without reflective shaders is really tricky to get right in this game, so no promises :)

No worries, and thanks for such a speedy answer. Keep up the good work!

Cool, I just started using Universal Storage and it's literally my new favorite mod! Looking forward to the next release.

Don't worry, @Beale I'm still in love with all those sweet Tantares parts. Keep 'em coming!

Updated 5 Min Later: O.M.G. I just read more and realized you're planning to support the amazing look of BDB with US 2.0 as well as all these awesome parts. Can't wait!

Edited by scottadges

I found out about this redesign last night and haven't been able to wipe up all the drool. Can't wait!

One question - in US 1, the fuel cell dumps excess electricity, meaning it burns thru its reactants in a very short time whether it is needed or not. I know I can just turn it off, but I've been taking to editing the part config so it doesn't dump excess electricity. Is there any chance that US 2's fuel cell will produce on-demand electricity instead of dumping excess? 

Edited by Bombaatu

On 8/5/2018 at 2:22 AM, Bombaatu said:

I found out about this redesign last night and haven't been able to wipe up all the drool. Can't wait!

One question - in US 1, the fuel cell dumps excess electricity, meaning it burns thru its reactants in a very short time whether it is needed or not. I know I can just turn it off, but I've been taking to editing the part config so it doesn't dump excess electricity. Is there any chance that US 2's fuel cell will produce on-demand electricity instead of dumping excess? 

We're adopting the stock fuel cell module for US2, so it should work when it needs to, and shut off to save fuel when your batteries are full :)

fr084Wf.png

Starting work on the bulk storage tanks, which will act as either tidy extensions to a SM's dV (liquid fuel, mono), or contain large quantities of life support resources for massive mother ships. All in a tidy meshswitchable single part! Three heights that match the Rockomax X200-8, 16, and 32, plus widths that cover the 1.25m, 1.875m, and 2.5m profiles. 

Also, stock science parts are on the cards for the next update, plus size adapter converters, and the 1.5m penticore and adaptor shroud\fairing. 

Edited by Daishi

On 8/11/2018 at 8:43 AM, Daishi said:

plus size adapter converters

Wah, will there be 1.25m to 1.875m and/or 1.5m adapters? Having 2.5m to 1.875m adapter already is good, but there is no direct way of "upscaling" from 1.25m to 1.875m without DLC, contares, BDB or similar mods.

(it was sort of a problem with original US- it gave the hexacore without any adapters included)

1 hour ago, Antik said:

Wah, will there be 1.25m to 1.875m and/or 1.5m adapters? Having 2.5m to 1.875m adapter already is good, but there is no direct way of "upscaling" from 1.25m to 1.875m without DLC, contares, BDB or similar mods.

(it was sort of a problem with original US- it gave the hexacore without any adapters included)

Yep, I'll cover pretty much all of the profiles you mentioned. There is that 1.5m to 1.875m adaptorshroud coming as well, so I hope we'll end up with a mod that'll interface pretty well with all the big devs on the scene :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all US2 is simply amazing! Thank you for such a wonderful work! No, really, you guys are legends :kiss:

But I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work with RealismOverhaul. RO hes a bunch of configs for US1, but it doesn't look like there is a convenient way to just swap them, not even mentioning new parts.
Am I missing something obvious? I wasn't sure where this question should be asked, here or in RO threads, decided to start with you.

13 hours ago, KvaNTy said:

First of all US2 is simply amazing! Thank you for such a wonderful work! No, really, you guys are legends :kiss:

But I'm trying to figure out a way to make it work with RealismOverhaul. RO hes a bunch of configs for US1, but it doesn't look like there is a convenient way to just swap them, not even mentioning new parts.
Am I missing something obvious? I wasn't sure where this question should be asked, here or in RO threads, decided to start with you.

Cheers! Yeah with all the tank variants, version 2 was always going to be a little harder to work with. MM patching proper fuels is possible though, but i'd be a big job that'll tie up a lot of time. Not sure if someone on the RO threads would jump at the chance, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them :)  RO is one of the reasons why we created legacy game versions for 1.3, so it's definitely something we'd like to see done. If something doesn't make sense in the configs we'll try our best to help them here :)

mf5Im8O.png

Almost done with the 1.5m BDB parts, clamp clamp

• 2 weeks later...

I0G66HR.png

Core fuel variants are done! We've added monoprop and xenon options, with xenon wedges coming later (yes I forgot about them). 

Starting work on the probe core brain - an expensive, primitive flight control computer that can attempt to fly your ship if you've left your crew on the moon again. Rope core memory easily accessible for when the unit goes homicidal for easy in-orbit maintenance :D

UAbO07a.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.