[WIP] Universal Storage

2 hours ago, Daishi said:

It's part of the stock science suite we're adding to US2 - our equivalent of the Atmospheric Fluid Spectro Variometer :)

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Atmospheric_Fluid_Spectro-Variometer

I am so excited for this next release!  Everything you guys do is incredible.  US has been the perfect scratch to the itch I'd had since I started playing.   Modular and deployable :D

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

So... this is all awesome. But may I ask what happened to the ProbeCore you showed earlier? Still WIP?

What would also be awesome would be larger diameter cores (there are some 3.75m capsules in Near Future Spacecraft for example, also think avionics/RCS/Power package for larger boosters) and adapter fairings for the remaining size transitions, but I understand that would be a lot of modelling work away, even if you want to do that ;)

On 2/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, Dragon01 said:

Lose the warning stripes and it'll be perfect.

Feel free to open up the files "AtlasShroudExternal01D.dds" and "AtlasShroudInternal01D.dds" in "C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UniversalStorage2\Parts\Shrouds" and paint over the stripes for your own install. I personally like them; and believe they make sense as a warning on moving machinery that could seriously harm a kerbal if they don't keep their distance. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:49 AM, Garek said:

So... this is all awesome. But may I ask what happened to the ProbeCore you showed earlier? Still WIP?

What would also be awesome would be larger diameter cores (there are some 3.75m capsules in Near Future Spacecraft for example, also think avionics/RCS/Power package for larger boosters) and adapter fairings for the remaining size transitions, but I understand that would be a lot of modelling work away, even if you want to do that ;)

The core is coming in the next update! Ideally we'll get these solar panels, the radiators, the probe cores, and the science parts finished and pushed as one set. Easier to work on multiple parts at once, visual design ends up being a little more consistent when you have a few things in front of you at one time. I've been busy with IRL stuff so i'm not really working as fast as i'd like, but that seems like a pretty common excuse for me nowadays. 

Branching into a new diameter is a huge can of worms though, but we are missing a few adaptor profiles so i'll have a think about how i'd approach it.  

6 hours ago, Daishi said:

The core is coming in the next update! Ideally we'll get these solar panels, the radiators, the probe cores, and the science parts finished and pushed as one set. Easier to work on multiple parts at once, visual design ends up being a little more consistent when you have a few things in front of you at one time.

Awesome!

I've been busy with IRL stuff so i'm not really working as fast as i'd like, but that seems like a pretty common excuse for me nowadays.

Don't worry, this is "just" a hobby for all of us ;)

Branching into a new diameter is a huge can of worms though, but we are missing a few adaptor profiles so i'll have a think about how i'd approach it.  

Yeah, I expected that to be a bit more complicated, thank you for considering it for the future!

Finalising the probe core design. Got to reduce the polys a little, modelling core rope memory was a mistake :/

This'll be encased like the RTG, so you can have it exposed or shielded like a conventional core. 

17 hours ago, danfarnsy said:

@Daishi really loving these parts. There's definitely a 60's retro feel that's captured by them. Add some rust, and they'd fit right in with Fallout!

Yeah, it's a visual design I've fallen in love with. Kinda helps that KSP is roughly set in that time period with what it emulates and alludes to; but i'd love to see the stock game embrace it more. 

6 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

Are the solar panels on the service bays intended to be separate parts, or part variants?

Part variants on the bays with the large opening doors, plus i'll see if i can make a few standalone parts with the same assets. Large and small sun-tracking solar wedges :)

11 hours ago, komodo said:

Looking good!

why not KErBOS, though? :wink:

128k of memory only stretches so far! :D

On 3/5/2019 at 5:42 AM, Elkram said:

Awesome, as always.

:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.