Paul Kingtiger

[WIP] Universal Storage

Recommended Posts

FJ2NhXo.png

In game! Got a neat shading trick hacked together that makes for a nice glowey Mystery-Goo, thanks to @cineboxandrew's wizardry :cool:

Edited by Daishi
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daishi said:

FJ2NhXo.png

In game! Got a neat shading trick hacked together that makes for a nice glowey Mystery-Goo, thanks to @cineboxandrew's wizardry :cool:

Awesome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LcnPclw.png

Guess i had the energy for one more :rolleyes:

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, for one, am deeply appreciative of that one... The stock version is FAR too bulky for my tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Daishi said:

LcnPclw.png

Guess i had the energy for one more :rolleyes:

Looks fantastic, but What is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daishi said:

It's part of the stock science suite we're adding to US2 - our equivalent of the Atmospheric Fluid Spectro Variometer :)

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Atmospheric_Fluid_Spectro-Variometer

 

I am so excited for this next release!  Everything you guys do is incredible.  US has been the perfect scratch to the itch I'd had since I started playing.   Modular and deployable :D

Thank you!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wants an orbital revolver cannon i mean an advanced goo bay smh

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... this is all awesome. But may I ask what happened to the ProbeCore you showed earlier? Still WIP?

What would also be awesome would be larger diameter cores (there are some 3.75m capsules in Near Future Spacecraft for example, also think avionics/RCS/Power package for larger boosters) and adapter fairings for the remaining size transitions, but I understand that would be a lot of modelling work away, even if you want to do that ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, Dragon01 said:

Lose the warning stripes and it'll be perfect.

Feel free to open up the files "AtlasShroudExternal01D.dds" and "AtlasShroudInternal01D.dds" in "C:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UniversalStorage2\Parts\Shrouds" and paint over the stripes for your own install. I personally like them; and believe they make sense as a warning on moving machinery that could seriously harm a kerbal if they don't keep their distance. 

On 2/9/2019 at 7:49 AM, Garek said:

So... this is all awesome. But may I ask what happened to the ProbeCore you showed earlier? Still WIP?

What would also be awesome would be larger diameter cores (there are some 3.75m capsules in Near Future Spacecraft for example, also think avionics/RCS/Power package for larger boosters) and adapter fairings for the remaining size transitions, but I understand that would be a lot of modelling work away, even if you want to do that ;)

The core is coming in the next update! Ideally we'll get these solar panels, the radiators, the probe cores, and the science parts finished and pushed as one set. Easier to work on multiple parts at once, visual design ends up being a little more consistent when you have a few things in front of you at one time. I've been busy with IRL stuff so i'm not really working as fast as i'd like, but that seems like a pretty common excuse for me nowadays. 

Branching into a new diameter is a huge can of worms though, but we are missing a few adaptor profiles so i'll have a think about how i'd approach it.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daishi said:

The core is coming in the next update! Ideally we'll get these solar panels, the radiators, the probe cores, and the science parts finished and pushed as one set. Easier to work on multiple parts at once, visual design ends up being a little more consistent when you have a few things in front of you at one time.

Awesome!

6 hours ago, Daishi said:

I've been busy with IRL stuff so i'm not really working as fast as i'd like, but that seems like a pretty common excuse for me nowadays.

Don't worry, this is "just" a hobby for all of us ;)

6 hours ago, Daishi said:

Branching into a new diameter is a huge can of worms though, but we are missing a few adaptor profiles so i'll have a think about how i'd approach it.  

Yeah, I expected that to be a bit more complicated, thank you for considering it for the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dmagic's magic strikes again :D Science parts are now functioning perfectly. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now