Paul Kingtiger

[WIP] Universal Storage

Recommended Posts

On 3/23/2014 at 12:54 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

It says the mod is released, but I've been unable to find it anywhere on the forums and the link to the release thread isn't working for me. Anyone know what's going on? I love the original Universal Storage mod and can't wait to try out version 2.0.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kelpbot said:

It says the mod is released, but I've been unable to find it anywhere on the forums and the link to the release thread isn't working for me. Anyone know what's going on? I love the original Universal Storage mod and can't wait to try out version 2.0.

Yes, that link on the OP is broken.

AFAIK, Universal Storage v2 is still a WIP and isn't released yet.  You can follow this thread for US v1.4.0.0.

And more information on the current version is available at http://www.kingtiger.online/uvs/.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Yes, that link on the OP is broken.

AFAIK, Universal Storage v2 is still a WIP and isn't released yet.  You can follow this thread for US v1.4.0.0.

And more information on the current version is available at http://www.kingtiger.online/uvs/.

Ah, gotcha. I had assumed that link was for the revamped version because the OP was edited recently. I was already aware of the thread for the original Universal Storage, but thank you for clearing that up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just to put this thread on the top of the list...:sticktongue: Maybe something will happend?:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 10:51 AM, Vince_K said:

just to put this thread on the top of the list...:sticktongue: Maybe something will happend?:D

 


Got a bit of hype going :D
We're in the final stretch, don't worry. 

Edited by Daishi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daishi said:

-snip-

Got a bit of hype going :D
We're in the final stretch, don't worry. 

Fantastic! Really looking forward to this!

As an aside is the new release going to contain any life support recyclers for USI Life Support? In my current install with Universal Storage 1.0 I repurposed TAC parts using module manager but official support would be sweet! (I did search the thread but didn't see a a reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'll likely be MM configs to swap out the TAC converters to function as USI ones, pretty sure US1 does this? Or you after specific models? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daishi said:

They'll likely be MM configs to swap out the TAC converters to function as USI ones, pretty sure US1 does this? Or you after specific models? 

At present US1 converts the Food wedge and radial food tank into USI "Supply" containers. However it does not seem to add any life support recyclers that extend the supply duration.

What I personally did was use the Sabatier and Water Recycler models (both of which look amazing!) as USI Recyclers.

WRS model - 50% life support recycler for 2 crew, 0.5 ec/s

Sabatier model - 70% life support recycler for 2 crew, 1.2 ec/s

I also made new descriptions but kept the tech and costs the same as the TAC parts these were derived from. I suspect the balance isn't as well thought out as the official TAC stuff in your mod. These recyclers are a lot more compact (and more powerful in the second case) than the small size converter that comes with USI itself as I configured them for my personal needs but on the other hand they are more expensive in price and tech unlock node.

(I'm kind of new to module manager and for some reason the +Part method didn't work for me so I made copies of the models and created new config files.)

Anyway a patch that does something along those lines for US2 would definitely be appreciated by USI  users I'm sure :)

PS. As far as new parts go I would love a USI greenhouse wedge perhaps exclusively in the new tallest wedge size. Again the appeal of such a thing lies in just how much better looking the US parts are compared to the early stockalike aesthetic of USI. Please have a think about it when/if you look to expand US2 in the future!

Edited by Zorg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danilo Coelho said:

Is There any wait list to be a beta tester from this new update? I`m dying to use all the new models!!!!

Same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I volunteer for the Italian translation.

Both the current version and new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we're not supposed to ask for release dates, but is 2.0 still coming out? I saw a post on reddit about it and I see you have updated you signature but we haven't had any updates recently. I check the thread all the time and this is my most anticipated mod for KSP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mostlydave said:

I know we're not supposed to ask for release dates, but is 2.0 still coming out?

If you know that you're not supposed to ask, why do you ask?  As innocent as this request might be, it's against forum policies.  Please be patient.  I really enjoy US and don't want anyone jeopardizing a new release. Also, Squad has announced a KSP v1.4.5 and some authors are suffering from release burn-out trying to keep up to date.  I can't speak for Daishi, but we'll see US v2.0 when he/she/it is ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2018 at 7:49 PM, Brigadier said:

If you know that you're not supposed to ask, why do you ask?  As innocent as this request might be, it's against forum policies.  Please be patient.  I really enjoy US and don't want anyone jeopardizing a new release. Also, Squad has announced a KSP v1.4.5 and some authors are suffering from release burn-out trying to keep up to date.  I can't speak for Daishi, but we'll see US v2.0 when he/she/it is ready.

I didn’t ask for a release date, I’m simply asking if US 2.0 is still happening or not.

I don’t think that asking could possibly jeopardize a release in any way, I’m just not seeing the connection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, mostlydave said:

I don’t think that asking could possibly jeopardize a release in any way, I’m just not seeing the connection. 

 

There's a thread explaining it here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

There's a thread explaining it here:

 

Again, I'm not asking for a release date, I'm simply asking is US 2.0 happening or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mostlydave said:

Again, I'm not asking for a release date, I'm simply asking is US 2.0 happening or not?

Yes it's happening, we've just run into a lot of new bugs, and need to expand the plugin for localisation and dual 1.3 and 1.4 support. All backend stuff, so no need to post it here. Paul, Dmagic and I would rather release something to you guys in good working order, rather than ship it in a mess. Sit tight! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daishi said:

Yes it's happening, we've just run into a lot of new bugs, and need to expand the plugin for localisation and dual 1.3 and 1.4 support. All backend stuff, so no need to post it here. Paul, Dmagic and I would rather release something to you guys in good working order, rather than ship it in a mess. Sit tight! 

Thanks for the update and all of your work!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super-excited for this.

On the 2.5m shroud, will it be possible to open individual panels (like opening just the scientific segment on an Apollo CM, for example), or will the panel opening be all-or-nothing?

Edited by Daedalus451

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 4:39 AM, Daedalus451 said:

I'm super-excited for this.

On the 2.5m shroud, will it be possible to open individual panels (like opening just the scientific segment on an Apollo CM, for example), or will the panel opening be all-or-nothing?

Cheers! Won't be too much longer. 

Yep, you can lock the larger gull-wing doors so they never open in flight, or just toggle the smaller doors on their own with dedicated buttons. Dmagic has also recently introduced a deployment slider, so you can adjust how wide you want the opening arcs to be on everything. 

Only thing we can't do is open one small bay at a time, so you'll just have to have two SIM bays open at once :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In similar news - if you can speak German, Spanish, Russian or French, hit us up! We'd love to get the mod translated into as many languages as possible. 

Edited by Daishi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping busy during localisation, working on content for the 2.1 release. 

IPNxon8.png

Penti-core, probably the smallest crew-accessible thing in the game. If I've done my math right, a kerbal's head will just fit through the hatch. :P This has been designed to be used with the new 1.5m profile, which will be utilized with a 1.5m -> 1.875m Gemini service bay. Be useful for Realism overhaul crafts, or with mid-tier pods from BDB. I'll be making radii adapters soon, so there'll be a range of structural cones to help bridge parts of different sizes together.

21WZJsV.png

Oh, and the final TAC waste tanks, not sure I shared this on here. 

GsuPqEp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daishi said:

This has been designed to be used with the new 1.5m profile, which will be utilized with a 1.5m -> 1.875m Gemini service bay. 

You know the way to my heart. I've just started a new career with BDB, and I so I'm really hoping that US 2.0 and 2.1 will be out by the time I get to doing Gemini missions!

As the service bay above is for a Gemini analogue, would it be possible for the underside of the bay to have the iconic gold foil from the bottom of the Gemini SM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daedalus451 said:

You know the way to my heart. I've just started a new career with BDB, and I so I'm really hoping that US 2.0 and 2.1 will be out by the time I get to doing Gemini missions!

As the service bay above is for a Gemini analogue, would it be possible for the underside of the bay to have the iconic gold foil from the bottom of the Gemini SM?

Thanks for the endorsement! :)

Probably not, sorry. This bay was made with all the texture elements of the earlier shrouds, and there's no room on that map for an area of foil. I'll be doing a new map for all the Russian green\brown designs @Beale uses for his parts (yes, Soyuz shrouds!), so I might see about revising it later on down the track for you. Tbh foil without reflective shaders is really tricky to get right in this game, so no promises :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.