B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

also dont forget to write a uddated deadly reentry .cfg.

Not up to us.

The DRE people (and everyone else by now) know this is coming, R5 is a massive change from R4, and it will take time for updates to come in.

man this new b9 dont like 64x. tested it in my test ksp and would crash 9 out of 10 times loading when it get to the b9 cockpits. checking the log the most where random but most common was it saying crashed cause cant find part update and part awake. also dont forget to write a uddated deadly reentry .cfg. the one time i got it to work and actualy got a premade ship to load the engines overheat and blow if u go above 70% thrust

Read the OP, it says 24.2, 32 bit only. i know, i made similiar mistake a few hours earlier ;p

True for Squad cockpits, but there is actually enough room for two kerbals within standard 1.25m compartment

If you pack them like sardines, but I think one Kerbal is plenty enough. And 0.625m pods are just completely unrealistic for fitting Kerbals into (unless they expand outwards, sort of like the Mk1 Lander Can). But still, I wouldn't want to go into a 0.625m pod if I were a Kerbal.

tJtXojT.png

Some digital doogling of the throttle prop, will combine throttle input, lever moves like stock one, and the base will have a emissive line on the outer beveled surface that fills as you increase the throttle, like the current throttle indicator bar prop of mine but wrapped around it if that makes sense.

I'm an idiot:

m3vw7QI.png

Edited by K3|Chris

I've noticed that the HL cockpit is nearly twice as heavy as the Mk5 cockpit, yet it holds the same number of Kerbals. Since there's already an IVA for it, it would probably be a lot of work to change it and allow for more Kerbals to occupy it, but perhaps it could have the option of holding some fuel and have a lower dry mass.

btw k3/chris i found out what part of the new b9 update is crashing 64x systems. its the virgin kalatic.dll

without i game loads up fine. form my testing everything seemed good didint test all the parts thou.

with the .dll i get outright crash when it gets to the cockpits to load them.

so what does the virgin kalatic .dll do for the b9 update?

I've noticed that the HL cockpit is nearly twice as heavy as the Mk5 cockpit, yet it holds the same number of Kerbals. Since there's already an IVA for it, it would probably be a lot of work to change it and allow for more Kerbals to occupy it, but perhaps it could have the option of holding some fuel and have a lower dry mass.

More kerbals aren't a good idea at least in the IVA, each kerbal drops you FPS a fair bit, RPM monitors have a similar problem, the combination isn't brilliant, actually my idea was either kerbals inside you can't switch to or see "on the other floor" (you can have more kerbals in a part than in the IVA) or some fuel storage, kinda forgot about that along the way though, only real reason not to do it is that people don't expect fuel in a cockpit, though the FS tank setup would be empty by default...

Though the side door is on the lower internal floor, so all the volume couldn't be fuel.

so what does the virgin kalatic .dll do for the b9 update?
VirginGeneric.dll

-Provides NodeToggle partmodule

-NodeToggle allows the user to toggle the availability of AttachNodes in the Editor individually

Greys makes it http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79175-Virgin-Kalactic-AdvGenerator-TrackResource-and-now-NodeToggle!

Edited by K3|Chris

I agree, it might have enough volume for its mass, but not enough features (compared to other cockpits).

edit: I'd suggest a lower dry mass. If I remember right it is quite heavier than the old combo of adapter & smaller cockpit.

Edited by pellinor

More kerbals aren't a good idea at least in the IVA, each kerbal drops you FPS a fair bit, RPM monitors have a similar problem, the combination isn't brilliant, actually my idea was either kerbals inside you can't switch to or see "on the other floor" (you can have more kerbals in a part than in the IVA)

Is it possible to split a part into multiple IVAs? I.e. divide into multiple rooms and have only the currently active room and associated kerbals be visible?

More kerbals aren't a good idea at least in the IVA, each kerbal drops you FPS a fair bit, RPM monitors have a similar problem, the combination isn't brilliant, actually my idea was either kerbals inside you can't switch to or see "on the other floor" (you can have more kerbals in a part than in the IVA) or some fuel storage, kinda forgot about that along the way though, only real reason not to do it is that people don't expect fuel in a cockpit, though the FS tank setup would be empty by default...

Id settle for an RTG or 2 and a little more mono prop for the 1.368T:)

so it wouldnt be a problem to not use the virgingeneric.dll then if u dont mind node toggle and being able to change the attach nodes in editor?

Have fun attaching HX4 parts together.

Id settle for an RTG or 2 and a little more mono prop for the 1.368T:)

I'll take a look at it later, but its unlikely to change.

Not to be a noodge, but I hope that chasing around the various issues people are having with the PRE-release isn't delaying the RELEASE-release. :) 'Cause that's what I'm waiting for. Just sayin'.

No. Well, some people aren't reading the OP, which is par for the course, but they've found a fair number of big issues I've fixed.

Overalll, its working out nicely, although ill probably set the repo back to private once R5 is out.

i get them working some way taveruis even if i have to go thru and do all the nodes myself someway.

Try attaching an HX4 docking adapter to an HX4 part without NodeToggle. Hint: you can't, that's why NodeToggle is there.

In any case, and just so we're perfectly clear, we give no support to people who don't install all the plugins - you better know what the hell you're doing, because its all there for good reasons.

One Question, is this supposed to NOT work in 64 bit, because I have had no problems so far.

Anyways, great job guys for bringing back B9, and fixing all the part clutter. You did well.

One Question, is this supposed to NOT work in 64 bit, because I have had no problems so far.

It's pretty much random if it works or not, you can't bug-fix random, if it works great, if it doesn't work, we can't help you.

Also OP updated with more pictures from bac9 :)

Anyways, great job guys for bringing back B9, and fixing all the part clutter. You did well.

Like Chris said.

X64 is a dice-roll - for me it crashes from out of memory before x32 does.

If it works for you, awesome, you're one of the lucky few! No medal though.

If it doesn't - suck to be you, we don't support it, because its broken in new and interesting ways.

dont worry taverius im not one to ask for a fix on something i change myself lol. long as the virgingeneric.dll only applies to the joints for the hx parts ill be happy with updated and fixed normal b9.