B9 5.0 pre-release (with download)

K3-Chris

Editor extensions makes me have to buuild my spaceplanes in the VAB no matter if i start in the SPH or not. I got rid of it for that reason alone. Too bad. It needs an update bad, the hotkeys and that issue killed it for me.

That doesn't happen for me, did you press tab? Switches betweeen SPH/VAB symmetry.

Editor extensions makes me have to buuild my spaceplanes in the VAB no matter if i start in the SPH or not. I got rid of it for that reason alone. Too bad. It needs an update bad, the hotkeys and that issue killed it for me.

You can switch between SPH and VAB mode by pressing Tab button. Or is the issue somewhere elsewhere?

Note that two of the large airbrakes wiill slow you down IMMENSELY they produce 152 drag each. Make sure they are equally spaced or else your spaceplane will roll,yaw,and pitch to one side.

Two of the large airbrakes slows 3500kn of thrust down to probly 1/3 to 1/4 of that. GREAT for landing. Just post them to an action group and enable them about 750m from the runway at 750m high if your doing 3-400 m/s

Yeaaaah, that's because a patch I made for FAR that decreases the deployed drag of FSairBrakes by 80% got lost.

So don't get too attached to that - it'll be back :P

Wow! You absolutely nailed the HL IVA! Huge windows that you can see out of, coupled with thoughtful MFD placement, and aviation-oriented landing aids make landing spaceplanes with IVA-only a reality now! Just awesome! :D

I do have a question about the S2 pod, though. It's the only one where RPM is not doing its thing. It's just a barebones cockpit. Is there some duplicate or maybe missing file I messed up? Thanks.

You can switch between SPH and VAB mode by pressing Tab button. Or is the issue somewhere elsewhere?

ITs a feature of editor extensions, but even if I start in the SPH when I revert to editor after flying around for a bit Im in the VAB instead of the SPH and its annoyig to build ships in the VAB. Off-topic dont worry.

Yeaaaah, that's because a patch I made for FAR that decreases the deployed drag of FSairBrakes by 80% got lost.

So don't get too attached to that - it'll be back :P

So now ill need 8x more airbrakes when released?

That's weird :/ I've never ran into that issue, when was the last time you used it? It was updated to v1.3 in July and works fine on .24.2 32bit, don't know about 64bit as I was never able to get ksp to run stably with all the mods I wanted, or even with out all the mods I wanted lol.

I use it on my heavily modded career and I love it, the ability to adjust angle snap by really fine increments and the ability to toggle things like vertical snap, SPH/VAB style symmetry, and surface attachment I find to be sooo useful.

If you hit tab while in the editor it will change you over to the other editor style symmetry (so if in SPH then it will switch to VAB) and will also switch where you launch from.

Win 8. Clean install KSP .24.2+NASA mission pack+ "that". No extra external adjustments to video. Start 32 bit client. 3100+ mb of RAM at idle. I hope thats showcase version is a very very far from a release one. If not then previous release with fan patch is better choice. I have 70 folders in gamedata and old b9+fan_patch. All of them do support x64 and you dont(I hope in full release you would). Seriously for now is no reason to switch to 5/

Edited by Meltafire

I do have a question about the S2 pod, though. It's the only one where RPM is not doing its thing. It's just a barebones cockpit. Is there some duplicate or maybe missing file I messed up? Thanks.

Errm, I'm looking at working MFDs in the S2, the cameras aren't hooked up yet but everything else works.

That's weird :/ I've never ran into that issue,

I have 1.3 as well on x86 ksp. Thought part angle display was onflicting so I removed it, but no go. it still sends me to the VAB when i start in the SPH

I figured being an accomplished modder, you'd have more insight into some of the issues that can crop up. Guess not, though.

Hes not the be all end all of all problems, do a fresh install of KSP 0.24.2 and get the latest repo and then put all the folders except ships and b9depreciated in the gamedata folder. An output log would help too. and remmeber this isnt the final release, its beta at best.

I figured being an accomplished modder, you'd have more insight into some of the issues that can crop up. Guess not, though.

Look, it works for me, if you've somehow tweaked stuff I can't vouch for anything working anymore, especially without logs, detailed information etc, if my aunt calls me and says her iphone doesn't work I can't really help her beyond the normal routine of going into recovery mode etc.

Did you install RPM after B9? OP says don't, RPM overwrites B9 IVAs with it's own versions that aren't relevant anymore.

Just a bit annoyed at people not reading OP and not following it's instructions, this build is for testing purposes, and and all issues you encounter might be something we need to fix before release, but if you insist on not suppling detailed information, logs, not using other incompatible mods etc we can't really help you, and you're crowding out the solvable problems. 95%+ of all reported issues are PEBKACS/RT#M.

Asking 'this doesn't work. Why not?' is not giving information for him to help you. Any question for help should be accompanied with at least a detailed description (including images), a screenshot of the Gamedata folder, the output_log.txt file that comes from a session where the issue happened and the version of KSP and the mod you're using.

Saying 'why doesn't this work?' is like me asking you right now 'why is my car not working correctly?'.

Win 8. Clean install KSP .24.2+NASA mission pack+ "that". No extra external adjustments to video. Start 32 bit client. 3100+ mb of RAM at idle.

You forgot to read OP, there are plenty of ways to reduce ram usage without impacting quality of the game visuals.

I hope thats showcase version is a very very far from a release one.

It's not.

If not then previous release with fan patch is better choice.

It's a hackjob that over time will turn even more hacky as stock and relied upon mods change, it's not a long term solution what so ever.

All of them do support x64 and you dont(I hope in full release you would).

Again you missed OP, x64 is poinless to try and support because if it works or not is pretty much random, some people report B9 5.0 working just fine on x64 and other have it crash on start, me included, we can't even begin to figure out the cause let alone fix it if it's that random, if there was pattern to it we might be able to do something, though frankly speaking it's mostly likely some plugin dll we rely on that's the culprit (or several, or some interaction between them or the game taking a split second to load something), if it isn't the game deciding it really wants to limit you to 32bit ram pool even if you're running 64bit. Supporting x64 is an exercise in madness, and might not even be something we can do to fix it.

Unity x64 for windows isn't ready for prime time, it's a simple fact.

Seriously for now is no reason to switch to 5/

You're making a pretty critical error here, you assume 5.0 has to be used as is, if you for some reason insist on not reducing your ram usage you could strip out the new elements in 5.0 vs 4.0 and use less ram with no wonky third party fixes. I find it ironic you're willing to hack 4.0 to make it work but not chop of 5.0 content to make it work.

Edited by K3|Chris

You forgot to read OP, there are plenty of ways to reduce ram usage without impacting quality of the game visuals.

It's not.

It's a hackjob that over time will turn even more hacky as stock and relied upon mods change, it's not a long term solution what so ever.

Again you missed OP, x64 is poinless to try and support because if it works or not is pretty much random, some people report B9 5.0 working just fine on x64 and other have it crash on start, me included, we can't even begin to figure out the cause let alone fix it if it's that random, if there was pattern to it we might be able to do something, though frankly speaking it's mostly likely some plugin dll we rely on that's the culprit (or several, or some interaction between them or the game taking a split second to load something), if it isn't the game deciding it really wants to limit you to 32bit ram pool even if you're running 64bit. Supporting x64 is an exercise in madness, and might not even be something we can do to fix it.

Unity x64 for windows isn't ready for prime time, it's a simple fact.

You're making a pretty critical error here, you assume 5.0 has to be used as is, if you for some reason insist on not reducing your ram usage you could strip out the new elements in 5.0 vs 4.0 and use less ram with no wonky third party fixes. I find it ironic you're willing to hack 4.0 to make it work but not chop of 5.0 content to make it work.

Thank you. You give me anger and guess I found the way in x 64.

Edited by Meltafire

Whoever linked me that HotRockets file with the flame under/over expansion based on atmo density, it was great inspiration:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

@Meltafire: X64 is not supported. It might work, it might not. See this thread. If you want to use it, you're on your own. We do this for free, and don't owe you anything.

Whoever linked me that HotRockets file with the flame under/over expansion based on atmo density, it was great inspiration:

http://imgur.com/a/0Ennr

@Meltafire: X64 is not supported. It might work, it might not. See this thread. If you want to use it, you're on your own. We do this for free, and don't owe you anything.

I'm just too tired and want to sleep. Forgive me anyone who become angry.

So what I found. I'm playing x64 of course still.

parts used HL cockpit+HX thruster

TAC Fuel Balancer (2.4.0.3) with prerelease B9 lead to crash everytime. (transitions between VAB-SPH/launchpad and sometimes on click on HL cockpit icon)

TAC Life Support (0.9.1.11)...very suspicious... but can't say exactly.

May be I just dreaming already. I'm off to sleep.