[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

This implies that we\'re unable to utilize an animation as complex as this at the moment, correct?

Yes. there are no animations in kerbal currently. the legs are not animated for real. they just are set to rotate at a certain point a certain amount. like fins do but they just do it once.

i used to be able to get space stations into orbit by using the instaorbit mod. but now, you GET UP THERE (dont know why i shouted), but you still need to have an engine, to get your lateral velocity up, so you actualy orbit, instead of falling right back to kearth.

i used to be able to get space stations into orbit by using the instaorbit mod. but now, you GET UP THERE (dont know why i shouted), but you still need to have an engine, to get your lateral velocity up, so you actualy orbit, instead of falling right back to kearth.

eh.. I don\'t think it will be powerful enough to get you into orbit lol. more or less it will be a rendezvous engine. burning rcs for 3 minutes is annoying.

That is no fun just taking the entire thing and shoving it up to space. Need to take the pieces and stick them in payload fairings. Now all we needs is a proton to get the heavy parts up there. I have a perfectly working RocketCo Soyuz (Deusoverkill) lower and Xemit’s Noyouz upper. Now my Kerbals just need a place to go to. The real challenge is to make a space station a piece at a time. Got to love those five minute launch windows.

That is no fun just taking the entire thing and shoving it up to space. Need to take the pieces and stick them in payload fairings. Now all we needs is a proton to get the heavy parts up there. I have a perfectly working RocketCo Soyuz (Deusoverkill) lower and Xemit’s Noyouz upper. Now my Kerbals just need a place to go to. The real challenge is to make a space station a piece at a time. Got to love those five minute launch windows.

when you can dock I would ave to agree :)

Kinda surprised you all went for Mir before Almaz/Salyut seeing as single part space stations would probably make more sense to put up until there\'s docking and truly modular stations. =P

Also, a launch vehicle modeled after the Proton would be awesome!

Kinda surprised you all went for Mir before Almaz/Salyut seeing as single part space stations would probably make more sense to put up until there\'s docking and truly modular stations. =P

Also, a launch vehicle modeled after the Proton would be awesome!

I did Almaz now and second after Mir because I had no idea what iw as doing before. doing all the mir parts helped me get sizes and shapes and such. now that i have them all unified and standardized i can move on to make other parts.

As for the LV we will not be using proton. KW is making proton like rocket. we will be making Angara Module rocket system.

screenshot1.png

Question: could you tell/show us what you use to get the TKS capsule into space? with maybe stock parts...? if not i\'ll add a parts pack just love this mod but can\'t seem for the life of me to get a TKS into space.... and thank you before hand

-power5000

Question: could you tell/show us what you use to get the TKS capsule into space? with maybe stock parts...? if not i\'ll add a parts pack just love this mod but can\'t seem for the life of me to get a TKS into space.... and thank you before hand

-power5000

Good question. I will make a video. my textual explaining skills are not the best.

Does the new version require 0.14 to run now? I wasn\'t able to download it before the creators got tires of hearing people bitch about it.

FYI, if you\'ve preordered the game 14x4 is still available to download. It\'s just that they\'re not going to release any MORE public experimentals.

-power5000

this is how I launch stuff with stock parts. the only reason I don\'t use stock parts for launch is because it takes quite a long time to get there lol.

opps forgotthis

http://youtu.be/JyQqQQViOm0

I don\'t recommend launching westward unless you specifically want or need to. Launching eastward gives you a 170+ m/s bonus due to Kerbin\'s rotation. Go west, and you have to fight it, and end up wasting fuel.

I don\'t recommend launching westward unless you specifically want or need to. Launching eastward gives you a 170+ m/s bonus due to Kerbin\'s rotation. Go west, and you have to fight it, and end up wasting fuel.

and yet that rocket in the tutorial gets you there anyway so OMG what does it matter?

oh I like that blue thing you have there :D fancy. i always fancied blue over yellow.

Wonderfull mod!

That was actually very helpfull.