[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

Sounds you have plans to keep you busy until your next birthday :)

reducing poly counts of mir module would not take very long. currently they are 20 sided cylinders. i will probably drop them down to 16 or 18. but I would easily do this. I also learned a fun way to UV map pretty quickly but still retain its niceness.

as for specular images those are easily made but should be made even quicker.

I think I need to make some spacial decouplers for the engines and an RCS tank for the KVTK that looks similar. Spacial engines will not have shrouds (aside form the RD-4140 which is huge and deserves a seprate launch lol.

So, I took the Conical Booster Decoupler (It was the first one I saw), edited the config file and got rid of the dashes right there, AND IT WORKED! It created a new stage for the decoupler and another one for what went below it. Therefore, all you have to do is remove a few dashes from each .cfg and it\'ll work perfectly :D

Dashes? Do you mean forward slashes?

For the record,

Dash = -

Back slash = \

Forward slash = /

super small image of Mir is super small :)

It was just to give you an idea of the color of the modules ;)

I suspect that they start out pure white, but then turn to that brownish-rusty white color because of the heat and radiation.

So, I went through the Angara pack and removed all the slashes from the staging. Do I have permission to post an attachment? Going to start work on the space station parts, but that\'ll take longer because of all the decouplers...

EDIT: Wow. I looked through the space station parts, and didn\'t find a single decoupler to fix ^.^ If anyone\'s interested, and if I get permission, I\'ll put up the edited Angara pack.

So, I went through the Angara pack and removed all the slashes from the staging. Do I have permission to post an attachment? Going to start work on the space station parts, but that\'ll take longer because of all the decouplers...

EDIT: Wow. I looked through the space station parts, and didn\'t find a single decoupler to fix ^.^ If anyone\'s interested, and if I get permission, I\'ll put up the edited Angara pack.

huh so removing the slashes is all you are doing or are you putting them in certain files?

it would probably be best if you Pmed Normak and told him how you fixed it and tell him i said to do it :D but i suppose if people want to ask you for your upodated CFGs you are welcome too do it for now,.

huh so removing the slashes is all you are doing or are you putting them in certain files?

it would probably be best if you Pmed Normak and told him how you fixed it and tell him i said to do it :D but i suppose if people want to ask you for your upodated CFGs you are welcome too do it for now,.

All I did was look in the part configs for those lines involving the staging, removed the \'//\' and they work fine. I might\'ve missed a few, but overall the staging seems fixed. The values were already in place for it to work well, so I\'m guessing someone just accidentally put in the slashes.

jeb_Kerman. you could PM the values to Normak for each module so he can add them to the CFGs?

simplt the name of the part and the stuff changed would do. unfortunayl it needs to be handspliced into the DB files. they cannot be copy pasted :(

New Small Solar panels. Small little things that unfold into decent sized panels. made from super thin Solar Film.

Thank Mu for Supporting Skins and Rigging. Something I love in game but Loath to make.

screenshot3.png

I PMed Normak some info about how I changed the configs and what was wrong in the first place, so hopefully you guys can look it over and get the staging set up in future versions :) In addition, since CardboardBox gave me permission, if anyone wants it I\'ll post the edited pack as an attachment. I might\'ve missed one or two decouplers or shrouds, but overall the issue\'s fixed.

Also, I love what those little mini-panels look like. Would be really interesting on a rover or lander.

I PMed Normak some info about how I changed the configs and what was wrong in the first place, so hopefully you guys can look it over and get the staging set up in future versions :) In addition, since CardboardBox gave me permission, if anyone wants it I\'ll post the edited pack as an attachment. I might\'ve missed one or two decouplers or shrouds, but overall the issue\'s fixed.

Also, I love what those little mini-panels look like. Would be really interesting on a rover or lander.

I just recreated the changes you mentioned and applied them to all the decouplers used in the Angara pack, as well as the two decouplers used by the VA. (They are 'Kosmos_VA_RRV_Upper_Decoupler' and 'Kosmos_VA_RRV_LockDown') Works like a charm.

I notice also in the Angara pack that the shrouds do not connect to the engines correctly. I looked into this and found the issue. The alignment of the 'node_stack_top' was incorrect.

It showed: node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

It should be: node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

In addition, to make the staging nice and automatically handled for the shrouds, the two lines mentioned in Jeb_Kerman\'s post can be uncommented back in to the shrouds.

stageOffset = 1

childStageOffset = 1

Regarding the VA, are you aware of the Excalibur Almaz? This is a company that has bought leftover soviet hardware, including 4 VAs and 2 Almaz station cores. They want to refurb the hardware and sell flights for ISS resupply, crew rotation, and tourism.

icon6d.png

IMO, they are a bit of a pipe dream and only into powerpoint rockets, but the idea is fun.

http://www.excaliburalmaz.com/0202_LEO.html

can you find info about the VA?

What exactly do you want to know? TKS is a well-known spacecraft, so a lot of information is available about it. But for me the most difficult is to find the info in English :) So if there are specific questions it will be easier to answer (and I\'m sure the answers will be).

bWuJW.jpg

I\'m having a bit of trouble with the docking nodes.

I have the hotfix installed. I select a docking node, hit W, then attach it to the back of my rocket. So far so good.

Once I\'ve done that, though, I can attach stuff to the left and right of the node, and behind it, but not above or below it.

CBBP, if you\'re going to somehow remake VA, can you make a decoupler-type part, that can be used instead of VA upper decoupler, RCS tank and thrusters to build VA? I thought about it after the first release; sometimes it is unnecessarily to have RCS on VA.