[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

I hardly see a point to removing something that the real thing clearly had nor adding extra parts that seem pointless. just hit the R key when you separate the capsule from the rest of your rocket :P

For example TKS configuration. It has 4 RCS blocks on the main body and 4 excess thruster blocks in the capsule. And there is no way to use only main thrusters, RCS on VA can\'t be exclusively turned off. Fot myself I can change the part type of the VA RCS for strut or something else, that\'s not a problem. I just think in this case it would be handier to use one part instead of six, that\'s all :)

Angara is a good rocket :)

I know, and I really like it, but I\'ve had space stations smaller than this (and delicately balanced) that simply don\'t have enough ?v for orbit, even with a 7-element primary stage and an upper stage. :\'(

I know, and I really like it, but I\'ve had space stations smaller than this (and delicately balanced) that simply don\'t have enough ?v for orbit, even with a 7-element primary stage and an upper stage. :\'(

haha. yeah. it all depends on how you make them :) the KVTK helps a lot to be honest. high fuel and low weight. and RD-0146 engine is low fuel burn and decent pushing force. but terrible for launches themselves.

oh god you flew Mir to Minmus 0_O congratz. also i am contemplating converting

1.5 to 1.75 or maybe 2.0meters and thus.

0.5 to 0.75

0.75 to 1

1 to 1.25

for the SSPP whatch thing? Only the TKS would look weird but seems ti does slope a bit anyway.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/TKS_cutaway.png

whctah ayall think? or are tiny stations good?

the real VA had these things.

Indeed. But also on real VA its RCS became active only after the separation of the capsule. Unfortunately in KSP you can\'t do this. Once I asked r4m0n to include the ability to do it in his plugin, but he felt that it was not necessary.

also i am contemplating converting...

I don\'t think there is a need to carry out such measures. You already chose the size very well. In addition, you\'ll have to redo almost all parts of the Angara-pack too.

I agree that the space station parts are already big enough. Don\'t forget that they are designed to have panels, tanks, and landing legs added to them, and they still have to fit inside a fairing. If you increase the size, they won\'t fit on a decent sized rocket anymore.

Hey guys i do have a problem. If i set the Docking Node I can only attach thinks at left, right, down and upper direction, but not at thist that are right in front of me.

How to fix that ? :\'(

KOSMOS is an incredible pack. You should really be proud.

I finally got my stupidly over-engineered, over-sized ship to the new moon. I\'ve never been there either, so I wasted a ton of fuel getting there. It\'s built almost entirely of truss and expedition parts. Almost all the truss parts ended up getting covered in various fuel tanks. It was supposed to be an unmanned probe ship. These shots are from 'cameras' placed on the rollposts around the ship.

hrtSI.jpg

INfZw.jpg

nrOlv.jpg

hey guys been meaning to get Normak to put this on the first page but I have not seen him. Eventually the main kosmos will behave like this as I like it but this guy Maraz made a KOSMOS version which various life support needs and such for you all to use in the mean time :)

A set of Kosmos parts has been added, these are compatible with Zoxygen and Electrial Energy plugin.

These parts have the same meshes of original Kosmos parts, and some blue stripes (for ZO2 equipment) or yellow stripes (for EE equipment).

These parts are:

- ZO2 Main System

- ZO2 filter

- ZO2 large tank

- ZO2 Small Tank (radial)

- small Battery

- large Battery

- Prograde ion engine

- Retrograde Ion Engine

- Ion RCS block

So you can build a Kosmos space station with these equipment and also add PowerSat and Dynasat panels for generating Electrical power.

This is the download link:

http://www./?g6nv5by3o4yzrr7

This is a sample space station containing these parts:

screenshot27nc.png

Maraz

The node fix isn\'t entirely effective. After pressing W and attaching the node, you can orient and attach the parts correctly along the pitch and roll axes, but you can\'t along the yaw axis.

yes i am very aware of this. please log bug reports in dev thread. I have already done so. but this will not be a problem once docking is added.