[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

I will admit that I have been somewhat lazy these past few days. I\'ve had things going on, yes, but I really should have set aside some time to get that update done. Sorry everyone. If there\'s no update tomorrow, feel free to throw rocks at me.

As a fan of Soviet spacecraft, it\'s great to see some (proposed) designs in addition to mainstays like the Soyuz. Plus, a few of them blend in surprisingly well with the indigenous Kerbal hardware. Bravo!

EDIT: Incidentally, has anyone else had trouble with the nuclear engines? If I\'m not mistaken, they\'re normal liquid fuel engines (despite the name, but that might just be what I\'m assuming), but when you mount them, they cause an error: they automatically decouple.

Is it an incompatibility with MechJab? I see a dialog box flash briefly (briefly giving me the deactivate the engine), but it vanishes because the engine automatically decouples with the PFFF sound. I\'ve tried it on multiple designs with the same outcome--it also breaks the OTHER engine banks so the the whole stage decouples upon activiation, so I don\'t think it\'s stage sorting.

Any ideas? I\'m using the hotfix and the Angara pack. It\'s just those engines thankfully (everything else works well.)

How do you get the engine fairings to work properly? I cant get them attached to the engine no matter what I do. Otherwise everything else in the pack is great, I have only this and a rover pack installed and it makes a great difference in my Kerbal exploration experience.

How do you get the engine fairings to work properly? I cant get them attached to the engine no matter what I do. Otherwise everything else in the pack is great, I have only this and a rover pack installed and it makes a great difference in my Kerbal exploration experience.

I think I have the same problem (shrouds don\'t attach to the engine they\'re assigned to according to the text). Apparently, someone else fixed it?

I just recreated the changes you mentioned and applied them to all the decouplers used in the Angara pack, as well as the two decouplers used by the VA. (They are 'Kosmos_VA_RRV_Upper_Decoupler' and 'Kosmos_VA_RRV_LockDown') Works like a charm.

I notice also in the Angara pack that the shrouds do not connect to the engines correctly. I looked into this and found the issue. The alignment of the 'node_stack_top' was incorrect.

It showed: node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

It should be: node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

In addition, to make the staging nice and automatically handled for the shrouds, the two lines mentioned in Jeb_Kerman\'s post can be uncommented back in to the shrouds.

stageOffset = 1

childStageOffset = 1

Of course, this could be a completely different problem, I\'m still very new and unfamiliar with the terminology.

Still wondering why the nuclear engines don\'t want to attach in place. I might be overlooking something obvious in the meantime, like a nuclear fuel tank.

We\'ve been working on the update all night, but we\'re going to have to push it back one more day because of an array of minor issues that need to be taken care of. The good news is that the pack is working better than it ever has before.

Release candidates are being compiled into their respective folders and I\'ve nuked my Dropbox to make room for them. Expect at least two of the three packs to update tonight.

Updated. All three packs are now released, SSPP 4, Angara 3, and LK 1. As always, if there are bugs, post them here and we\'ll get to them in the morning. Also, if you try to download SSPP right now you\'ll probably get an error, because the updated file is in the dropbox but needs a chance to upload.

Wow, awesome. So many new parts to choose from. Any chance for a low-res pack in the near future?

EDIT: OK, such pack is really needed. I\'ve installed all 3 packs and got a crash due to memory problems. I\'m running a 32-bit system, I can\'t just plug more memory in.

With all 3 packs, KSP takes up 2.3Gb of RAM !!!!

I have a couple of other packs installed, but it didn\'t use that much RAM before...

i hardly see how this is possible since it is not 2.3 gb of content. will someone explain this phenomena?

low res will be an option some time. I could probably make one. but anything using a .mu or .mbm would not have it as i cnanot edit .mbms easily.

anyway. stop whining about ram. I have no idea how t fix it. so oh well. only way that will get fixed is if harv makes it so only parts you are using stay in ram and it pouts parts you arn\'t using to some vitual memory or something like that.

as foir high res and poly counts. one day this will be reduced lol. but no time in the near future.

Edit. I ran a macro and it made low res images. in the future i will try and find a none .mbm that works with the game. Mu says it needs to be 32 bit images. or something to work right with the shader. so i will be trying to those for easy editing of future low res packs.

here is the link to the low res back till Normak hosts it. Copy the folders and paste them over your current kosmos install. it is only images that will replace each other in folder merging.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1417259/Parts/SSPP%20Low%20Res%20Option.rar