[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

Hey, don\'t mean to sound like a noob, but I can\'t figure out the docking stuff. I know how to actually attach the docking nodes in the VAB/SPH, but I don\'t know what to do with them. I tried some ground testing with the \'docking claw\' part on some simple testing platforms, but I couldn\'t figure it out. Does this feature work with the KSP engine yet? Or is there a plugin I haven\'t installed, or installed incorrectly? I haven\'t seen anything to help out with this besides the actual attaching of the node. I\'ve only done ground testing because I don\'t want to send rockets into space without knowing if it works.

I love the pack by the way, I finally got a simple station in an almost perfect 550,000 meter orbit. I wish I could send more stations and assemble them in orbit, is that even possible? Because that would make my \'Interkerbinal Space Station\' so much more amazing! (Not that it\'s super awesome now, just some station parts, some solar panels and a docking node.)

Edit: Wait...I am a noob. \'Tis my first post!

Hey, don\'t mean to sound like a noob, but I can\'t figure out the docking stuff. I know how to actually attach the docking nodes in the VAB/SPH, but I don\'t know what to do with them. I tried some ground testing with the \'docking claw\' part on some simple testing platforms, but I couldn\'t figure it out. Does this feature work with the KSP engine yet? Or is there a plugin I haven\'t installed, or installed incorrectly? I haven\'t seen anything to help out with this besides the actual attaching of the node. I\'ve only done ground testing because I don\'t want to send rockets into space without knowing if it works.

I love the pack by the way, I finally got a simple station in an almost perfect 550,000 meter orbit. I wish I could send more stations and assemble them in orbit, is that even possible? Because that would make my \'Interkerbinal Space Station\' so much more amazing! (Not that it\'s super awesome now, just some station parts, some solar panels and a docking node.)

Edit: Wait...I am a noob. \'Tis my first post!

Hate to break it to you but docking doesn\'t work yet and likely wont until .17 plus. Right now all that stuff is place holder. but here in a few weeks or so we will be getting E.V.A.s so its not all bad. :D

Hate to break it to you but docking doesn\'t work yet and likely wont until .17 plus. Right now all that stuff is place holder. but here in a few weeks or so we will be getting E.V.A.s so its not all bad. :D

Thanks for the reply. It\'s alright, \'cause I\'m stoked for the next updates. I\'ve been waiting for EVA since I heard of this game. :D

2 things.

1. The Kosmos LK Lander (Large) craft needs to be more balanced, well at least the parts in that mod. I was able not once but twice (I did it once and wanted to confirm it) send the large LK Lander with nothing other then the lander craft all by itself to Mun, land, then take off and successfully make it back to Kerbal with (little) fuel to spare (mostly RCS fuel). No deaths, no mechjeb. I did also try to re-accomplish this feat with the small one but it burned too much of its smaller liquid fuel tanks to be able to make it much past atmo let alone a geostationary orbit.

There where some problems that occurred in the flight, like the four outer tanks (sense they dont have symmetry) draining at uneven intervals which messes with weight distribution in flight (which is overcome by minor adjustments in atmo and definatly using ASAS) under moderate gravity (I didnt notice it around Mun due to its low gravity and I think that the tanks where more evenly emptied). As-well-as the liquid fuel engine burning up a couple of times due to heat in outer-space (easily corrected by only burning at most 2/3rds throttle)

My solution (at least I think) is to make the larger tanks of liquid/RCS fuel heavier or have less in them or both (Im not a modder and have no clue how to, or the programs to do this, but wouldnt be objected to help with testing.)

2. In your youtube video of your space-station you deploy all the solar panels at the same time. I think (because I think that I did that once but dont remember how) there is a button that you keyed for the powertech.dll plugin that deploys all the solar panels and the radiator panel at once. What is this key, and could you in the next update add a readme file or post the various controls for your mods on the front. I did try and go through the 66 pages (as of this post) of this thread but that got really old really fast, so forgive me if you did post them on one of the pages here.

These are just my thoughts. Great mods, hope that your stuff gets added to the game, cause folding solar panels and space-stations are a great direction for the game. So are satellites, moon-bases, DOCKING, more then one command module, more planets and celestial bodies and rovers

Welp I am stuck in montana away from my rig. Meanwhile in Montana I have seen and yelled 'f--k you' at a grizzly bear just across the road. My mission is complete in life.

oh i also saw an ICBM matainance truck doing something. note the minute man on the side of the truck. once i have access to DB i will be posting the full story if anyone wants. note the guy looking at me with binocs in the truck :D

563304_3926635238657_681307762_n.jpg

at another but while waiting a gatline gun armed humvee pulled up behind us.

531536_3926616598191_893270430_n.jpg

I don\'t feel like digging through 66 pages of replies, so I\'ll ask, Why don\'t you have the solar panels as SolarPanels_PowerTech_MuMech? Having them actually generate MuMech electrical power would make them 900% better.

I don\'t feel like digging through 66 pages of replies, so I\'ll ask, Why don\'t you have the solar panels as SolarPanels_PowerTech_MuMech? Having them actually generate MuMech electrical power would make them 900% better.

\'Cause I dropped the MuMech stuff in the latest version of my plugin.

I\'m still not working on this \'cause I have to finish the last school stuff. Half a week and it\'s over but that also means that I\'m running out of time...

the minuteman? The minuteman is like 8 nukes in one and is a gigantic ICBM is this what you mean? Or do you mean Patriot missile system?

He meant that blue vertical thing painted on the truck\'s side. That\'s most likely Minuteman, though image is too blurry to tell.

it was actually just a maintenance truck. But it did still have the hardware to stand up vertically on the launch tubes hinge points.

But that truck is not the truck needed to deliver an actual missile. the trucks that do that are slightly bigger.

as for the minute man i have better pictures. that is what it is. and it is a minute man launch base :)

dont really want to go through 66 pages, but how do you use the docking nodes, I can put on but nothing below it, so I cant attach my rockets to get teh space station up.

dont really want to go through 66 pages, but how do you use the docking nodes, I can put on but nothing below it, so I cant attach my rockets to get teh space station up.

press W once to make them attach.

I hate to be a noob, but can some teach me how to use the rendezvous portion of the mechjeb. I understand we can\'t dock yet, but I\'m having a hard time rendezvousing in orbit.

Thanks,

OTmikhail

I hate to be a noob, but can some teach me how to use the rendezvous portion of the mechjeb. I understand we can\'t dock yet, but I\'m having a hard time rendezvousing in orbit.

Before anyone tells you it could take up to an hour or more (Manual)

And I havn\'t rendezvous with Mechjeb, yet anyway. I do manual. (Though its one moment when you see the station gliding at a couple 10000\'s of meters a second)

As a quick bit of advice, try placing and then rendezvousing with stations that are put in Mid to High Kerbin Orbit (1000KM and above seem to work well for me). The problem with rendezvousing at LKO is that the scale is so small that the micro corrections that are needed need to happen with such speed and precision that doing it manually is incredibly difficult. Impossible? No, rendezvousing is never easy, but larger orbits are your friend. Raise your altitude, and suddenly you have much more time to plan/execute said maneuvers. Sure, it takes longer, but the ease in performing it is a wonderful pay off.

Now as for myself, I\'ve recently been experimenting with the Zoxygen plugin and I love it! And now I\'ve been editing the .cfg files for the Kosmos pack panels to work with Zoxygen. Does anyone have any recommendations as to some default values for Z02Gain and such?

We\'ll need a new solution soon. I\'m out of town right now so I can\'t really do much, but as soon as I get to a good computer I\'ll move the files over.

It\'s certainly not to scale. \'.1\' is quite large. I\'ve done some in-game guess work and I\'ve figured that the area of the TKS panel is slightly larger than double the area of the stock Zoxygene panel, so I\'m using .048 as my value for that one. i\'m thinking of posting this question up in general discussion to see if anyone has actually done the math and has appropriate values. Ill post again here if I find an answer.