[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

Amazing so far, been experimenting with the powertech stuff. Slight issue I am having, not sure if I am missing a part or is due to it being on my main mod version. Anyways, the docking nodes, I cannot seem to get them to connect to my main rocket during VAB construction. Am I missing a part?

Edit: Found out oops. I thought the W was to actually dock parts together XD. Well, working now, alas my idea of sending the rocket up in parts wont work without ability to actually dock. Is that possible at all or no?

Now, the best parts mod for such a thing would of course be the one posted on the first page. Unfortunately 90% of the parts in that mod are not working, they show up in the editor as a bluish-grey and say 'this part is not available for this version of the game' or something like that

The submod made by Maraz?

Both plugins have been updated since it was made, and the config files have to be redone.

Amazing so far, been experimenting with the powertech stuff. Slight issue I am having, not sure if I am missing a part or is due to it being on my main mod version. Anyways, the docking nodes, I cannot seem to get them to connect to my main rocket during VAB construction. Am I missing a part?

Edit: Found out oops. I thought the W was to actually dock parts together XD. Well, working now, alas my idea of sending the rocket up in parts wont work without ability to actually dock. Is that possible at all or no?

unfortunately docking isn\'t going to be implemented until after .16, until then docking is not exactly possible.

but! if you download the robotics mod(the one with hinges and all that other stuff) I\'m pretty sure you can make some sort 'docking claw' that you can use to grab other ships when rendezvoused

Yeah, I did a bit more research and saw that was possible and played with the claws, but not the same. I have a design philosophy that on launch, must be aerodynamic and fitting. So have shroud covers, etc. I have set up some pretty wild submodules, but for me to really enjoy this, I cannot wait until docking!

Docking, IAV and interplanetary, I will be able to do some wild stuff! Carrying up boosters, ftw!

Seems not quite to run with version 0.16. Some pannels I can not select. Does anyone have any idea or have I installed the plugin wrong?

I believe MuMech is the only plugin so far that has been updated for .16 compatibility - since Kosmos relies on PowerTech (and Zoxygen, I believe?), they can be expected not to work quite just yet.. :)

I believe MuMech is the only plugin so far that has been updated for .16 compatibility - since Kosmos relies on PowerTech (and Zoxygen, I believe?), they can be expected not to work quite just yet.. :)

PowerTech functions with .16, but i don\'t think zoxygen does.

PowerTech functions with .16, but i don\'t think zoxygen does.

I don\'t think Kosmos includes panels that provide Zoxygen, though, so if that\'s the case I don\'t see why the solar panels wouldn\'t work..

Since Kosmo/Angara is probably my favorite mod pack. I really, really hope Normak considers releasing a new 3-man command module that is scaled to 1.75, along with rescaled Angara tanks/engines etc. It might be a dream, of course, but I can dream.

The space station parts, on the other hand, are probably well scaled, though they\'re still cosmetic for the most part (like all SS parts) until IVA mechanics are implemented, I think.

you can resize them yourself by adding 2.5 to the scale i think and multiplying the node attach points by 2.5

currently my other project calls though. However if someone can texture for KOSMOS could easily make the models for it. but textures i cannot do. and I don\'t want to make more mediocre parts.

Hmmn, KSP now has become at least 50% more fun with EVAs... no wait, make that five HUNDRED percent more! IVA\'s will make that over five thousand ( and yes, feel free to scream it like in Dragon Ball) percent!

So, when can we expect the Kosmos solar panels to work for the various other stuff like Zoxygen?

BTW, I CAN use the current Kosmos parts with .16 right? they\'ll just be undersized?

So, when can we expect the Kosmos solar panels to work for the various other stuff like Zoxygen?

The panels work. (OK, you\'ll need to edit couple config lines to make them work with something specific)

Zoxygene is broken in 0.16