[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

Thanks a lot! Btw, can you dock 2 spacestations with eachother in space? Almost impossible to get a whole spacestation into space otherwise.

I could have easily made animated node colliders that do that. but since next update will have docking. no real reason for it.

as far as update new. I am experimenting with ways to do things in the future. once i decide what to do Things will move quicker.

I think he means the verison number in the SSSP file which is still 4.0 ;)

That was just a small cut-corner. Changing the file name changes the public link in the dropbox, so a change in the file name would require me to edit the OP in this thread. I just took care of it because was apparently bothering someone. ::)

Hi,

Am I being stupid? I\'m trying to install Kosmos, but all 3 files have a powerTech.dll file so I can\'t extract those zips to the same folder or it\'ll be overwritten. There doesn\'t seem to be a directory structure in the zip file that would just allow an extraction from the KSP root.

Pardon my ignorance but this is the first mod I\'ve tried to install and I can\'t see instructions in the opening post?

Help for this noob would be much appreciated!

Okay, call me derpy, but what the heck do I need to do to get the solar panels working? I can\'t seem to get them to deploy for nothing. They deployed once, but I have no idea what I did and they haven\'t worked since.

Do I need your specific MuMech or PowerSat DLLs or will the latest versions work?

This is so annoying as I\'ve finally gotten around to try my hand at putting up a space station via persistence edit.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

I\'ve tried that too. I just get 'Deploying' and nothing happens.

This is a great mod for making space stations. As soon as I can get the panels working, it\'s going to be part of my persistent network of flying stuff.

Arrr!

Capt\'n Skunky

'unity. they export to .mu so you cannot do as you want :D besides that would be like 20000 polies. they lag enough as it is. '

So that\'s why my space station was causing 1fps.... I had 38 panels and radiators on it :P

Thx for that. BTW I fixed a stupid 'this peice wont connect to this other piece ' problem I kept having, it was sending me to format my pc :P

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 0,1,1,0,1

instead of

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,1,0,0,0

Allows me to attach them to trusses etc now.

'unity. they export to .mu so you cannot do as you want :D besides that would be like 20000 polies. they lag enough as it is. '

So that\'s why my space station was causing 1fps.... I had 38 panels and radiators on it :P

Actually, it\'s said that number of objects in the model can impact the performance even more than poly count. And in case of animated panels each independently moving segment is a separate object... so there are dozens of them per part in some cases.