Maxmaps Offers a Sneak Peek at Kerbal Space Program: Asteroid Redirect Mission

SQUAD

I have this problem when a new update is pending where I just don't want to play KSP unless it has these changes. Anyone else experience this "syndrome"?

Yes, I was just thinking this today as well. About to hit the play button then figured why, since I'll need a new save for the ARM anyway.

Patience, Young one, we have much time before this will arrive and telling them to release it now would make them delay it more just to mess with us...

so patience

I bought KSP around 0.17 and I know well patience but 0.24 is taking soooooo long. I know the ARM pack is not 0.24 but it would be better to get the patch now than wait another week or two until release. Its torchering to see other people like the media group play on it for days while we cant.

Yes, I was just thinking this today as well. About to hit the play button then figured why, since I'll need a new save for the ARM anyway.

Same here.......only one area left to unlock on the tech tree and can't bring myself to play as I know I'll need to start a new save.............can't wait for rigid parts as when building big stuff I use multi launches and then normally EVA and use KAS pipes to try and glue the stuff together in situ to reduce wiggle.....wobble.......gyrate.......shake like hell...............BOOM!!!!!

Stop teasing as and RELEASE the god damn update!!!

Calm down! Do you think they are just sitting on a finished version and waiting for some marketing department to say go? Give them a bit of extra time to swat some final bugs!

There are a LOT of things that are going to change with the ARM patch.

Do you think they are just sitting on a finished version and waiting for some marketing department to say go?

Maybe? Because Squad has no advertisement just it`s community, they use the teasers to hype the game. In my opinion they over hype these updates too much. The ARM patch look stable enough to release it. They can always release fixes later. Also the community can help to find bugs too, not only the testers and the media group.

Maybe? Because Squad has no advertisement just it`s community, they use the teasers to hype the game. In my opinion they over hype these updates too much. The ARM patch look stable enough to release it. They can always release fixes later. Also the community can help to find bugs too, not only the testers and the media group.

Check out update 0.14 to see how well that worked out. Hint, it wasn't pretty.

The ARM patch look stable enough to release it. They can always release fixes later. Also the community can help to find bugs too, not only the testers and the media group.

This was more or less Squads policy until a year ago. The truth is: reporting bugs is easy, finding and fixing bugs is hard. You can't rely on community feedback to ensure quality.

Fixing bugs that are "in the wild" can be a painful operation. I fully understand and support Squads decision to only release versions that are solid and well tested. Doing otherwise would stretch each development cycle with several more weeks.

In my opinion they could at least tell us if the release is coming in days or weeks. This "soonâ„¢" is childish and is slowly getting on my nerves.

Yeah, the "soonâ„¢" is getting old.

In my opinion they could at least tell us if the release is coming in days or weeks. This "soonâ„¢" is childish and is slowly getting on my nerves.

In the opinion of this Kerbonaut (myself), creating hype == disrespecting audience. It was "very soon" two weeks ago. They still haven't even published SXSW SQUAD/NASA panel recap they've promised. You know, that presentation they did with NASA. Who cares about it anyway, huh? It's not like it was some kinda historic moment. Whatever.

The only apparent bug that I've seen from videos is that impacting an asteroid will leave the command capsule alive, spinning at insane speeds.... When they fix that, it should be releasable... seems all other bugs have been fixed.

On the other hand, its 5 days since the marathon........ which means that "soon" tm is probably "sooner" tm "than you think" tm

Why are you, Squad, teasing us this way?

We don't really need teasers... you know that we are faithful, present, interested, curious, fan of KSP. I know you are ubber-proud of your NASA collaboration, but please, don't consider us as consumer-animals you need to tease all 3 days saying that "soon soon soon soon". I feel like a BF4 player, and I don't like this feeling.

Just an opinion... I'm not whining... just sharing this thought !

As are the constant requests for release dates. So I really think answering those with "soon" is an appropriate response. Just stop asking.

While they are announcing the teasers here, I doubt they are primarily aimed at us. Instead, I believe they are aimed at people who have yet to purchase KSP - people who may dip in and out of the livestreams, see the publicity on Steam or follow the NASA website. They are hoping for people to Like the various teasers. More Likes = more eyeballs; more eyeballs = more purchases.

We can help by ignoring the teasing while paying LOTS of attention to Like buttons!

Guys guys guys....Squad just recieved the GDC Audience Award, and told us it was because of how great of a community we are...let's keep it that way. Continually asking about when it will come out, getting upset at Squad for not releasing the version sooner regardless of bugs, and especially speculating that the devs enjoy teasing us and making us wait, is not behavior of a great community. ARM will come when it comes. and when it does, you will enjoy it more than you would've if you got it now and it had bugs. It would be best for the community, best for Squad, and best for you if we just backed off about this subject. Instead of yelling at Squad for not releasing it yet, maybe we could just display our excitement for the realease, and for it going to be awesome. Just a thought from a community member who cares.

Edited by Endersmens

No I won't. And I'm not asking for a release date, I'm asking for an estimation on how long we might have to wait.

Because I have better things to do as to check the forums every day or every few hours just because the "soonâ„¢" was coming up.

And by "soonâ„¢" SQUAD means sometime days, sometime it can be 1 1/2 month.

It can't be so hard to tell if the workflow will take about a month or a day.

Edited by blspblackdeath

Guys guys guys....Squad just recieved the GDC Audience Award, and told us it was because of how great of a community we are...let's keep it that way. Continually asking about when it will come out, getting upset at Squad for not releasing the version sooner regardless of bugs, and especially speculating that the devs enjoy teasing us and making us wait, is not behavior of a great community. ARM will come when it comes. and when it does, you will enjoy it more than you would've if you got it now and it had bugs. It would be best for the community, best for Squad, and best for you if we just backed off about this subject. Instead of yelling at Squad for not releasing it yet, maybe we could just display our excitement for the realease, and for it going to be awesome. Just a thought from a community member who cares.

We are great also because we are able to debate and express ourselves freely, even when we want not to congratulate.

But anyway, I wasn't really complaining! I love the game and the community! Just saying my opinion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.