Tracking Station UI Revamp

So yeah, like my previous "big" suggestion (Which I can't seem to find anywhere), I made a nice photoshop that pretty much explains everything.

T7Xld2x.png

Basically a big tracking station revamp, mind you it also includes some new options like creating custom categories and a radio group to decide what do you want to see in the tracking station view.

Something I also thought off but couldn't represent by image is being able to drag stuff between categories to automatically recategorize them. It'd be cool too if we could have folders inside categories, pretty much a "full blown tree hierarchy" like this:

-Probes

--Kerbin Satellites

---GeoRing

---GeoSat1

----GeoSat2

----GeoSat3

----GeoSat4

---GPS Network

----28linesofGPSsatelliteshiddenbehindanicefolderstructure

--Duna Satellites

--Interplanetary sats

---En route to something

---Actually sun orbiting sats

-Landers

-Rovers

-Etcetera

Also notice I left the debris button untouched, it'd be cool to leave that one there (and make the radio buttons look like the debris button too, but in a separated group for more intuitiveness)

So yeah, pretty much that. I... think that's clear enough.

Edited by PDCWolf

Very nice. Add the ability to drag a ship name to another category and its golden.
Something I also thought off but couldn't represent by image is being able to drag stuff between categories to automatically recategorize them.

It's on the OP already.

This would be an awesome addition! With RemoteTech installed (and a fairly small satellite network) it already takes up an annoying amount of space in the TS. Being able to shove those all into a folder would be wonderful. Flags too. I almost want to never place flags because they take up room too.

Yes yes and yes. A revamp is sorely needed - having all vessels everywhere mixed in with the flags makes a really cluttered list. I think flags should be a similar category to debris, able to be viewed and toggled etc, but not shown by default.

Agreed on sort by location, adding custom categories and 'folders' of crafts (kethane satellites, RT2 sats etc). So many good ideas, and I want them all. Ooh, and don't forget to add in 'clear all debris' button, or give a check box and a 'clear selected debris' button.. I know you can change persistent debris amount in the settings config, but that requires a restart and takes literally years out of my day.

Excellent idea!

Ooh, and don't forget to add in 'clear all debris' button, or give a check box and a 'clear selected debris' button.. I know you can change persistent debris amount in the settings config, but that requires a restart and takes literally years out of my day.

Excellent idea!

Yeah, that one's cool too. I don't know about Unity UI limits, so yeah, I have no idea if what we want is entirely possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.