Forum menu wraps around, menu items overlap

Kasuha

I understand that I am the minority in that regard, but I have problems reading lines of text when they are too long and for that and many other reasons I browse the internet in a window, not fullscreen. The forum menu does not look very professional when used that way, with elements overlapping and covering each other. I don't really mind as I rarely use these menus but I thought maybe I could mention it happens. I use chrome as web browser.

MIERfa5.png

I've seen this before on other web sites, and usually with chrome, but not with this site. I recently uninstalled chrome and went to firefox exclusively, and my headaches have gotten much better. If you are hesitant to switch browsers, try CTRL+ or CTRL- to zoom in or out to see if it helps.

Hmm. Chrome tells me that it's set up as a horizontal list. The reason it overflows like that is because the navbar has a fixed height, which only permits a single row of buttons. It'd take some fiddling, but if anyone has access to the CSS, (do you? I seem to recall you have at least some control over stuff here) it should be posisble to work out an alternative formatting that won't break so thoroughly. Apart from the fixed height, there'd probably need to be some padding added to the right side of the navbar so as to prevent any items on the navbar being allowed to render underneath the searchbar... Eh. All depends, I guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.