Great news from the Squadcast

MalfunctionM1Ke

Hello Guys,

Tanuki was on yesterdays Squadcast alongside with mu, who said that Squad is working on a particle-effect that allows dust to be kicked up while landing and take-off.

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/b/515120378

Go to 9:40min. :)

Later on (16:50) he said also that we shouldnt expect giant, long lasting plumes but maybe something like this:

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

I can't figure out how to get my lander's shadows back...

but if I could have shadows, AND dust, that'd just be swell :D

I would love to see footprints and rover tracks left on the surface of moons and planets with sandy environments. I know this might be hard to simulate, but it wold be a nice touch.

I think a pre-defined mess of footprints and such appearing when you plant a flag would be a good start!

I'm all for this. If there are performance concerns, a slider/option should be added in the graphics menu like the rest of the graphical details.

I doubt there will be any performance concerns, and it sounds great. Probably pretty easy to do as well, but I don't know much about that side of programming.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.