Is virtually impossible to access forum from ksp webpage

Pawelk198604

Sounds like a browser problem or a display problem on your end. I have no problems seeing and clicking on the forums tab from the main web page in any resolution in Chrome.

Yes, it's annoying. There's something screwy in the formatting that only allows you to bring down the hover dropdown once.

(Please don't move this to the Forum Forum; nobody will ever see it.)

You know, that's a pretty ridiculous request, since the main reason people don't see things in the Forum Forum is because nobody bothers to post stuff in there that should be there in the first place.

Anyhow, I'm moving it, because that's where it ought to be. We have forum sections for good reason.

With regard to the topic, it's something to do with a display glitch in Firefox's flash plugin somewhere, though I think there is some kind of workaround that can be done server-side to prevent it. I wouldn't hold your breath, though; it's been a while since the page was updated at all. Maybe we can bug Alexmora about it...

You know, that's a pretty ridiculous request, since the main reason people don't see things in the Forum Forum is because nobody bothers to post stuff in there that should be there in the first place.

...it's also buried away in a subforum at the bottom. Only exceptionally bored people read it. :wink:

...it's also buried away in a subforum at the bottom. Only exceptionally bored people read it. :wink:

If there's an issue with the site, I would contend that it's more important that staff see the information than for other users to discuss and argue about it endlessly before we ever see it. As such, even if no users look at the Forum Forum much, it has served its purpose -- most of the staff keep an eye on this section and respond fairly promptly. :P

Firefox working fine for me on all counts. It could be the case of Firefox needs to be updated, along with any add-ons or plugins. Firefox does not do this automatically by default. It has to be done manually.

Edit : I spoke to soon. Wiki button gone for me too.

Edited by Otis

The problem is indeed Flash, which shoves itself in front of everything else in most layout engines. The fix for this is setting the "wmode" parameter on the embed to "transparent" (or getting a browser that supports the HTML5 version of the YT player ...)

This issue is known, it just needs a SQUAD staffer getting around to fixing that (which, amidst ARM, .24, Contests, and KerbalEdu isn't exactly a priority right now ... or for the past months).

I experience this with Firefox but not with Chrome. Can't bring myself to open IE to try.

/bored poster

Explorer is a perfectly good browser. It's the hearsay of the Internet that's given it such a bad reputation.

That said, Chrome seems to be the only browser not affected.

Explorer is a perfectly good browser. It's the hearsay of the Internet that's given it such a bad reputation.

It's my personal experience, actually. Mostly stemming from MS' "Embrace and Extend" policy toward web standards that resulted in web devs having to treat IE as a special case for the better part of a decade, though thankfully IE has gotten better in this regard in the last few versions. Along with "Want our latest browser, buy our latest OS", which is nonsense. And even now, I find the performance of IE to be worse than Firefox and especially Chrome (I try out each new version as I get access to it).

But hey, if you find it to be acceptable, use it and enjoy it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.