Munar Rover

Right here\'s the newest challenge. Get a rover safely to the surface of the mun before exploring with it. You can either design your own rover/rocket or use my design posted here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=7130.0

The challenges (you can attempt one or more of them with any mission) once you get the rover to the mun are in the following two categories:

Exploration: What you managed to do with your rover, please post as many munar landscape shots as you can

• [li]Climb a hill/mountain (try and find the tallest mountains)[/li]
    [li]Drive to the edge of the larger craters[/li]
    [li]Find a small crater or other features of geological interest[/li]
    [li]Drive to a pole[/li]

Rover abilities: how well your rover is able to perform

• [li]Endurance: how far/long can your rover travel?[/li]
    [li]Speed: how fast can it safely travel the munar landscape?[/li]
    [li]Return: Can it return to kerbal?[/li]

Extra Bonus points for stock designs. Bonus points to anything else cool. All submissions post photos of the munar lander in orbit, a photo of your rover next to the lander and then suitable photos for any challenges achieved. My submission is in the topic I posted the link to above

Mines nothing like as impressive as yours Darkshadow, I made a smaller version of your MuATJPRV.

Everything was going great until an RCS tank broke off, struts just don\'t seem strong enough sometimes.

An Imgur gallery of my misadventure can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/dUIoY#0

I managed the first 3 exploration challenges before disaster struck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.