[WIP] FPK [V0.1] - First Person Kerbal. Look out of the eyes of Jep!

Daid

FPK [V0.1] - First Person Kerbal

Ever wanted to see what Kerbals see? Wanted to look out of Jebedaih's eyes while repairing your station or riding a solid rocket booster?

Now you can! With FPK! FPK installed you see out of the eyes of your kerbals with in EVA, or on a Seat. You can look around a bit, walk around, use your Jetpack to fly around. You can still do all science and actions. With KAS compatibility! (Only limited testing has been done with KAS)

Note: You are always forced in First Person mode with this installed. This is not configurable yet. In the future I would like to have a configuration option to have this switchable between 3th and 1st person, or forced with forced IVA. So you can play a mission completely from the kerbals eyes. With the rasterprop addon this would be really cool.

Download V0.1

Quick example. Make this lovely craft for Jeb:

uWR6ghA.png

HoCYl3Y.png

67l613J.png

WYnmsTO.png

L65Y1XJ.png

p8vFc9k.png

Bugs

* Walking is a bit wobbly, and when walking forward you always seem to curve a bit.

* Trying to walk backwards rotates you instead of walking backwards.

* You sometimes see a floating black ball when looking left/right. These are eyes...

This is the third mod I've seen that does this. This idea is suddenly very popular with mod developers for some reason.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in developing this mod.

Couldn't find them... got names/links?

(And, yes, I'm dyslectic)

Looks identical to http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67695-WIP-Through-the-Eyes-of-a-Kerbal-0-0-2c-2-16-14-1st-person-EVA%28Now-toggleable!%29 but good luck =)

Moongodess you move like standard, it takes some minutes to get used to but then its a blast

Or this

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/73799-0-23-FirstPersonEVA

fourth mod I've seen for me, there was another one during 0.17 or 0.18 and for some reason the concept disappeared entirely until now.

This concept disappeared after the famous forum wipeout and then I lost interest to make a new thread and make improvements. It is still available for 0.18 on spaceport though =].

That one does not allow science yet, but other then that, guess my idea isn't that new :-) seems they are experiencing the same issue I have, walking in circles.

I'll see if I can expand it into moving in IVA, that would be something new :-) but I think that would require doing internal collision meshes.

Can you give us some way to move about in IVA? then I'll be interested.

If you have any interest in writing a plugin I can point you to a useful bit of code I have accidentally stumbled upon. Currently I just want my IVAs to stay still though.

If you have any interest in writing a plugin I can point you to a useful bit of code I have accidentally stumbled upon. Currently I just want my IVAs to stay still though.

That never hurts. I haven't got a full grasp on Unity yet. I'm just learning as I go.

And I'm abusing the Reflection API to find out some things (I'm looking at you, you sneaky private "deploy jetpack" function!), but that's slow to do.

I'm also unsure how the IVA is actually build up. Is rendered at the position of the capsule? It almost has to be, else you could not look outside. That would mean all the collision meshes for the normal ship are in place.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.