[Delta Edge Industries]

AD-Edge

Hey guys, I finally got around to messing around with some KSP modding, and after about an hours messing around \'Delta Edge Industries\' has prototyped its first custom mod part - A mini SRB (The Delta-MiniSRB MkI)

Its pretty basic (the best idea for a first test part), but it works and I now know the workflow for developing KSP custom parts.

Thought Id post some pictures here from the maiden flight of this first part, and get the Delta Edge Industries thread going so I can post future parts here as I work on them.

Anyway, the Delta-MiniSRB MkI:

Description:

\'The Delta-mini-SRB would be best suited for departures from celestial bodies with little gravity or deep-space manoeuvres. Not recommended for useage in heavy-lift rocket designs. The Delta-Mini Solid Fuel Booster is the first rocket part ever assembled by Delta_Edge industries and is for the most part untested, success of any degree cannot be guaranteed. Doesn’t cost much though!\'

Base stats (currently being tweaked):

cost - 160

mass - 0.8

thrust - 50

fuelConsumption - 1.6

internalFuel - 40

Pictures:

peTuy.jpg

gbIRe.jpg

V6Zvm.jpg

AXE4k.jpg

This part is still being tweaked, so a lot of those stats will change as I adapt it to how I imagined/planned initially.

Also Ill probubly update soon with better pictures. A couple of those were taken before it had a decent texture, also they were clearly taken as literal \'screenshots\', since I didnt think to start a screen capture before taking off. I actually think pictures like this look good though, adds a certain charm or detail to the images.

Either way, thats all for now. More parts soon, along with download links once parts are tested and working how I want.

Feedback welcome!

PICS OR IT DOESNT EXIST!

Was getting to it! :) Just wanted the first post to be a list only, then further posts to be actual parts. Ill probably add proper part pictures to the first post at some stage too though. But theres a bunch up there ^^ now

Was getting to it! :) Just wanted the first post to be a list only, then further posts to be actual parts. Ill probably add proper part pictures to the first post at some stage too though. But theres a bunch up there ^^ now

Hey, if your needing quick screenshots, there\'s a tool built into the game. Just hit F1. This should fix those blurry pictures!

im glad to see that they were 'literal' screen shots. i thought that you had taken printscreens, and then added some hippie indie photo effect. those effects really annoy me. if you like the effect, get ACTUAL vintage cameras, and take candid shots, with mates, having a laugh. dont go out, and shoot everything, with a normal camera, in a normal way, and then add an artificial effect. it looks fake, and its been done to death.

im glad to see that they were 'literal' screen shots. i thought that you had taken printscreens, and then added some hippie indie photo effect. those effects really annoy me. if you like the effect, get ACTUAL vintage cameras, and take candid shots, with mates, having a laugh. dont go out, and shoot everything, with a normal camera, in a normal way, and then add an artificial effect. it looks fake, and its been done to death.

Dont bash them if they don\'t get pics the moment you want them And hey what if hes new don\'t bash him for not knowing about the in-game screenshot

Hey guys!

Let\'s all calm down with the agitated tones here.

The OP has done a good job at what he intended to do. Screenshots should have been waited on.

Let\'s all show some support like you would want it for yourself, okay?

Thanks!

-Drakomis

Haha so many comments about the pictures, should have seen that coming...

Glad some people like it at least (that last shot with the motion blur on the part moving away... :) )

And I have actually used the F1 screenshot key in the past as well... Just completely forgot about it after not using it for so many releases. Oh well! Cheers for reminding me.

Haha so many comments about the pictures, should have seen that coming...

Glad some people like it at least (that last shot with the motion blur on the part moving away... :) )

And I have actually used the F1 screenshot key in the past as well... Just completely forgot about it after not using it for so many releases. Oh well! Cheers for reminding me.

ahhh so you haven\'t played in awhile

Dont bash them if they don\'t get pics the moment you want them And hey what if hes new don\'t bash him for not knowing about the in-game screenshot

i wernt having a go at him, i was having a go at all the facebook 'indie' kids who ruin perfectly good pics with overused macros that they apply to pics for the luls. as a person who spends alot of time with cameras, i get annoyed at those who think they can get just as good a pic with their phone and a free app, compared to me who goes out at the crack of dawn, with a 60 year old camera, with film that is super rare to get hold of, and costs a small fortune to get developed.

rant over.

but yeah, the mod looks decent.

Its all good guys, dont worry bout it :)

ahhh so you haven\'t played in awhile

I have been playing recently, yes, I just havent had the need to take screenshots for a long time ;)

Either way, Ill probably come up with some new parts over the next few weeks. KSP is getting far too awesome and interesting to not get into the modding side of it so early ;D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.