[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

Okay, first

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ExLP.ExWorkshop.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

is not AGX, I'm pretty sure ExLP is Exoplanatary Launchpads.

It is possible that the error Exoplanatary Launchpads is throwing is cascading down and affecting AGX, but that error needs to be taken care of first.

I'm looking at the other error now.

D.

Was coming on to report similar issue under .25 (accidentally wiped log so have to recreate). Exit also goes not function and action groups show default screen only. AGExt button option does not appear in toolbar button visibility options. All problems vanish without AGExt. Will reinstall this again to get an error log for you.

EDIT: Uploading logs. Part I think may be particularly important

AGX EditorSaveToFile called

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

AGX Editor Fail (SaveGroupNames) 7 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.SaveGroupNames (System.String str) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

AGExt No parts to save 17d System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorSaveToNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

AGX EditorSaveToFile FAIL 23 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorSaveToNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorWriteNodeToFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorSaveToFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGextScenarioEditor.OnSave (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Game.Updated () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.exitEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/afrjfgt8f1xr2ix/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by JeffreyCor

Good to hear.

Happy KSP'ing everyone.

At this point is looks like all my stuff is stable in 0.25 so I'll look at resuming work on this mod soon. I'd like to get the docking stuff working so the different keysets have a purpose again.

D.

Hey Diazo- Thanks for AGX, the tool is fantastic. I recently started playing with getting a .25 install up and running with a bunch of mods, and AGX is high on my list. I'll detail the issue I'm seeing, but first I'll say that I did test without any other mods installed to make sure what I'm seeing isn't a result of tons of mods.

I'll be specific in case some detail helps: I have a joystick that I set up to trigger Custom action groups in addition to Alpha1-0. In .24 with AGX, I was able to do this without issue (I had many action groups triggered from either Alpha1-0 or a joystick button). I did not set this up through the AGX editor, instead, I set this up in KSP settings (which allow 2 keystrokes to trigger one event). When I set up KSP, I go through the usual process...for instance Custom Action 1 is triggered by Alpha1 and Joystick 1. When I enter the VAB/SPH, I set up my actions and all seems fine. Upon hitting launch, the only input which will trigger the action group is Alpha 1. The joystick control does not function; however, other joystick controls function just fine. For instance, I have a joystick button triggered to toggle RCS in addition to hitting 'R'. As such, the behavior I'm seeing is limited to action group assignments.

When I was trouble shooting this, I also noticed that AGX was causing the action groups assignment keys (in KSP settings) to clear. In other words, if I set up groups 1-10 to trigger via Alpha1-0 in KSP's settings and then played the game, when I returned to settings the assignments were deleted.

I've tried to do due diligence and uninstall/reinstall AGX. I've also double checked to make sure I'm using the hotfix and current version. Maybe I'm doing something screwed up? Any thoughts?

Hi Diazo!

I have a bit of a problem with AGX (latest version from OP) on 0.25 Linux x64:

1. The AGX window does not appear, neither in the editor nor in flight
  2. When I click Launch or Exit in the editor I only get a NullRef from AGX and am stuck in the editor (exit does not work, launch does not work etc.)

I uploaded you my log here. I killed the process right after creating the exception so you should find the interesting bits directly at the end.

If I can do more to help please just tell me what you need.

@marce: It looks like you are on version 1.18, please grab the 1.18a hotfix. Note this is two downloads to get onto the most recent version. Version 1.18b below would also work.

@starkline: Alright, please grab Verison 1.18b .dll only. (Note this is the second 1.18b version, the previous one was only up for maybe 20 minutes.) This will fix the keybinds for the custom action groups being wiped.

However, the joystick button not triggering the action group through KSP is intended behavior. In order to prevent an action group from triggering twice, once through KSP and once through AGX, I lock out the KSP action groups.

Because of how KSP triggers it's action groups I am not able to intercept the signal to do any if/or logic on it so I have to lock them out and activate the groups via AGX.

I have gone ahead and tweaked my code however, once you have version 1.18b installed, add the following to the AGExt.cfg file:

LockOutKSPManager = 0

(That's a zero on the end.)

Adding this override will prevent KSP from locking out the default action groups, note however that if you have an action group bound in both the KSP settings and AGX, that action group will try to execute twice when you press the key.

D.

edit: Added new version 1.18b

Edited by Diazo

Thanks for playing around with this, Diazo. I'm pretty sure I read that locking out the KSP action group assignments was the case in previous versions. As such, I'm not sure why I made reference to that...I probably wasn't thinking things through.

I played around with 1.18b and used the config you suggested. I can play around with things and can now at least map my joystick buttons in AGX's mapping.

I'm not quite sure how I managed to have two buttons assigned to an action group in previous versions or AGX with .24. Unity or Squad probably changed something that's out of your hands, or maybe I just got lucky. Who knows.

Cheers for messing with this. It is greatly appreciated!

@marce: It looks like you are on version 1.18, please grab the 1.18a hotfix. Note this is two downloads to get onto the most recent version. Version 1.18b below would also work.

Ahhh! Sorry for being too silly to read :sealed:

It's all fine, thanks!

No worries.

I've been meaning to push the next official release to straighten things out, you are not the first one to miss the fact the hotfix was necessary.

There's just one last tweak I want to get done first and it's not cooperating so I'm not sure when I'll get it out.

D

I have been trying to use AGE for a few hours now. At first it works fine, but after one launch or test of action groups, the mod bugs out.

1. revert back to VAB/SPH

2. open action groups for editing

3. instead of the usual layout that AGE provides, everything is highlighted in a white highlight

4. Action groups break and become no longer working.

5. uninstalled mod and all associations of it to no avail.

I have found that somehow the key bindings for the stock action groups became unbound. So I had to go rebind all the custom actin groups back to their original.

Please fix this ssue, I do enjoy this mod and would like to have it working right again.

EDIT, this issue is with the hotfix installed. also using the OSX version of KSP

@Verios44: Are you on hotfix 1.18a or 1.18b? 1.18b should fix the custom action groups so they no longer unbind.

On the white highlight issue I am unable to replicate which means it is a mod conflict of some sort. I am going to need your output_log.txt and a list of the mods you are running to try and track down what is going on.

You mention you are on OSX, the output_log.txt is actually the player.log and found by opening the Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Once you get me those I will be able to dig into what is going on.

D.

@Verios44: Are you on hotfix 1.18a or 1.18b? 1.18b should fix the custom action groups so they no longer unbind.

On the white highlight issue I am unable to replicate which means it is a mod conflict of some sort. I am going to need your output_log.txt and a list of the mods you are running to try and track down what is going on.

You mention you are on OSX, the output_log.txt is actually the player.log and found by opening the Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Once you get me those I will be able to dig into what is going on.

D.

I think it was hotfix A. I will go ahead and try B.

mods list

all are their respective 0.25 update versions

OOO toolbar

Better Science Labs

contracts Window +

Chatterer

Cross Feed Enabler ( Near Future Propulsion part)

DMagic Orbital Science

Kerbal Engineer Redux

ExtraPlanetary Launchpads

Kerbal Attachment Ssytem

Kethane

KSPLua ( Parts Catalog second addon)

HyperEdit

Infernal robotics

Mechjeb2

Module Manager 2.5.1

Docking Port Allignment

Near Future Construction

Near Future Electrical

Near Future Propulsion

Near Future Solar

Final Frontier

Part Angle Display

Part Catalog

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Dynamic Wings

TaurusHCV

Real Chute

Stage Recovery

Station Science

TAC Fuel Balancer

TAC Life Support

Alternate Resource Panel

TweakScale

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upu1b5o5wmqoir3/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by Verios44

@Verios44: Okay, looking through the player.log you linked, it looks like you posted the .log from after uninstalling AGX and going back into KSP to check out the keybindings as in the log you linked AGX does not get loaded.

Everytime you start KSP, it deletes the existing player.log and makes a new one, I'll need the player.log from just after exiting KSP having replicated the issue with the white textures.

Having said that, your comment about everything going white makes me suspect a texture issue.

Can you confirm that the following files exist in your GameData/Diazo/AGExt folder:

AGExt.cfg
AGExt.dll
ButtonTexture.png
ButtonTextureGreen.png
ButtonTextureRed.png
icon_button.png
PartLocationCross.png

Note the path does need to be exact otherwise the mod won't know where to find the textures. The odd part is that things work correctly some of the time, if the files were in the wrong location it should not work the first time (before reverting) so I'm not sure.

D.

@Verios44: Okay, this is odd. I've found the error but I'm at a loss to explain what is happening.

It looks like that when returning to the editor after reverting, AGX can not load its settings file (GameData\Diazo\AGext\AGext.cfg) for some reason. But it was able to load without a problem the first time you entered the editor so that does not make sense to me as to why that would cause an issue.

I've uploaded version 1.18c with expanded logging here.

Can you please download this, recreate the error and then post the player.log please? I'm hoping the more detailed error message on this version will give me enough detail to figure this out.

There are no gameplay differences between 1.18b and 1.18c, I've only added more logging.

D.

Alright, hopefully it does not come back.

If it does, grab the player.log and upload it and I'll take a look as soon as I can.

I'm off to a thanksgiving dinner right now, but later on tonight I'll probably have time to look at this further if needed.

D.

Is there a way to set up AGE so that it doesn't save some key bindings for all vessels? Like if I bing crew report to "1", it'll work like this even on different vessel, even though on that vessel I set "1" to different action in VAB.

Is there a way to set up AGE so that it doesn't save some key bindings for all vessels? Like if I bing crew report to "1", it'll work like this even on different vessel, even though on that vessel I set "1" to different action in VAB.

Can you give me an example of why you would like to do this? Overriding Actions seems like the very thing that AGX was trying to get away from by adding all of the extra Action Groups.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.