[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

2 hours ago, Diazo said:

@Deimos Rast That isn't working as intended, it sounds like instead of a Kerbal reboarding a vessel being detected as a vessel switch, it is being detected as a vessel dock which is not intended at all.

@FrancoisH That is odd behavior, could I get the .craft file of the vessel you are trying to launch? Also, you do have ModuleManager installed as well?

D.

Here's the savegame with both the craft file and the persistant file : http://bit.ly/204hzfW

The flight causing my issue is ISS II.

Note that I am using KSP 1.0.5 x32 in OpenGL mode for memory usage reduction and without any hack.

My ModuleManager is 2.6.18 version.

My utility add-ons :

• Alternet Ressource Panel
  • CapCom
  • Chatterer
  • Connected Living Space
  • Contract Window+
  • Hyperedit
  • Kalculator
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock
  • Kerbal Joint Reinforcment
  • Light Out
  • MechJeb2
  • Mission Controller
  • QuickScroll
  • QuickSearch
  • RCS Build
  • Realchute
  • Science Alert (correctly patched)
  • Ship Manifest
  • Stage Recovery
  • Toolbar
  • Transfer Window Planer

My parts add-ons :

• Better Science Labs
  • DMagic Orbital Science
  • Kerbal Atomics
  • Kerbal Attachement System
  • Magic Smoke Industries Robotics Infernal Robotics
  • Near Future Tech (all 5)
  • Octosat
  • Procedural Fairings
  • Procedural Parts
  • SCANSat
  • Surface Experiment Package
  • Surface LIght
  • Station Parts Expansion
  • SSTU 0.3.30-pre6 (latest from GitHub)
  • Tarsier Space Tech
  • USI Mods all in their 1.0.5 version (MKS, OKS, FTT, WarpDrive, Karbonite et K+, Karibou, etc...)

Edited by FrancoisH
Typo

@Diazo So is it a me issue (as in me and my legion of mods causing problems) or a code issue? If it's a code issue, let me know if you need anything more (log, details, although should be easy to reproduce, seems 100%). Obviously, no real rush on this one.

--edit--

@FrancoisH You have module manager, but do you have the "part.cfg" patch? It looks like this inside if you don't. It applies D's module to everything basically.

@PART[*]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAGX
}
}

Also, I run a lot of the same mods you do (but on x64 linux), and have tried to run a lot of the rest, but have had serious problems. Some (like Kalculator), would cause the game to not load, others, (like Mission Controller 2), would throw a lot of null refs. I know D is busy fighting krakens with 1.1, so maybe in the mean time, try a fresh re-install of AGExt (to make sure you have the "part.cfg") and/or try removing some mods temporarily (note this could cause save breaks so probably not remove part packs!). Also, SSTU, although I've never used it, is updated a lot and very frequently, so that might be a possible trouble spot. But, your error does mention AGExt specifically, which makes me suspect the missing "part.cfg" or something similar. There are a couple other files like it, best bet is to try a reinstall of AGExt.

Sorry to insert myself into the conversation, just trying to help!:)

Cheers.

Edited by Deimos Rast

@Deimos Rast You're really welcome... Should I have this part.cfg in any of my mods? Not sure to understand what you mean here. Sorry if I'm a bit slow... I'm a bit of a Kerbal sometime!

Anyway I have other trouble with my new station. It's quite stable but I think I took up a module I didn't need, which is the aeroponics as I need substrate now... so I'll have to ferry quite a few on my station I think. I'm quite happy with what I took in space anyway.

Here's a quick look. I like my  color choices :P

kss.png

Edited by FrancoisH

@Deimos Rast There's something odd going on with Kerbal EVA but I haven't been able to track it down yet. I'm poking at it but I'm not sure what is going on yet.

@FrancoisH The error you are running into means that a part is missing the ModuleAGX that the module manager patch is supposed to add. This is the part.cfg file that was being talked about, it is included in the .zip file and should be found at GameData\Diazo\AGExt\part.cfg  Note that others things could cause this as well.

I've also tweaked the .dll file to supress the error so things can continue to work. Note this .dll doesn't fix the issue, it just handles it gracefully so the log spam isn't present and the game is playable. Download link to just the AGExt.dll file here. Note there is also a bunch of debug messages present from were I am working on Deimos's issue.

@Meiyo Yes, this mod will be updated for 1.1  It requires massive changes however and I am not promising it will be ready when 1.1 moves from experimentals to official release.

D.

Dear AGX,

we miss you very much. Life isn't the same without you. They make us pay hundreds of thousands of Kerbal Kredits to get access to only a small fraction of your gloriousness in career mode. I hope you'll be with us soon in 1.1.

Much love

Honeybadga

Working on it, I finally got all the references corrected last night and was able to actually compile the .dll file finally.

Now I have to actually load it in game and make sure everything actually works

Not sure how bad that's going to be but will have a release sometime in the next few days hopefully.

It was something like 50 different references to the GUI that I had to find the new objects for with the overhaul in KSP 1.1, not a small update.

D.

Edited by Diazo

Version 2.0 Pre-Release

Download here.

Alright, this is the KSP 1.1 compatible version of AGX now available. This is just a straight conversion, the issue about Kerbal on EVA is not dealt with.

However, I have not had time to run to test it as I'm heading out of town for 2 weeks on Sunday so I'm rushing this out so hopefully I'll have time to do a quick bugfix if needed.

Any issues reported in the next 24 hours (from this post) I'll try and push a quick fix, anything after that will have to wait until I have access to my computer again on May 15th.

Happy KSPing all.

D.

7 hours ago, Diazo said:

Version 2.0 Pre-Release

Download here.

Alright, this is the KSP 1.1 compatible version of AGX now available. This is just a straight conversion, the issue about Kerbal on EVA is not dealt with.

However, I have not had time to run to test it as I'm heading out of town for 2 weeks on Sunday so I'm rushing this out so hopefully I'll have time to do a quick bugfix if needed.

Any issues reported in the next 24 hours (from this post) I'll try and push a quick fix, anything after that will have to wait until I have access to my computer again on May 15th.

Happy KSPing all.

D.

AWESOME!  Diazo you rock for doing this on a weekend when you're headed out of town and even more so for offering to even look at a bugfix if it's needed.  I'll bang the crap out of this and see if I can find anything beyond Kerbal on EVA.  Thanks so much for doing this.

17 hours ago, Diazo said:

Working on it, I finally got all the references corrected last night and was able to actually compile the .dll file finally.

Now I have to actually load it in game and make sure everything actually works

Not sure how bad that's going to be but will have a release sometime in the next few days hopefully.

It was something like 50 different references to the GUI that I had to find the new objects for with the overhaul in KSP 1.1, not a small update.

D.

Can you update the source?  I took a quick look on Github, and most of it is commented out, nothing is newer than March 20

Source is updated.

There is a lot of commented out stuff that I should get rid of, I think an entire .cs file needs to go at this point too.

This is my learning to code project though, I don't want to get rid of anything while I'm making changes, then I never come back to deleted the stuff that didn't work. :/

D.

5 hours ago, Diazo said:

Source is updated.

There is a lot of commented out stuff that I should get rid of, I think an entire .cs file needs to go at this point too.

This is my learning to code project though, I don't want to get rid of anything while I'm making changes, then I never come back to deleted the stuff that didn't work. :/

D.

Thanks for updating the code.  No problem about the commented-out code, I just didn't know if I was looking at the right link or not

I'm having some issues with this mod. I am able to edit the default action groups (abort, landing gear, lights, etc) but the changes I make to action groups 0-9 do not function. Even when I click the action group in the menu, nothing happens. I am new to this mod, so it is very possible that I'm just doing something incorrectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@Justinjah91 I'm going to need more detail then that to troubleshoot, a copy of the output_log.txt file would be a big help also.

However, as you mention you're not sure exactly how to use the mod, here is a very short video on the basics.

Quick AGX video,

In order, this video shows:

-Adding, then removing the Activate Engines action from Group 15

-Add Action Engines and Clamp Release to Group 1, name Group 1 "Launch"

-Add Decouple Action to Group 2, name Group "Seperate"

-Add Deploy Chute action to Group 15, named "Chute"

I don't change the assigned Keybinds, these are seen in the lower right of the main AGX window, group 1 is "Alpha1", group 2 is "Alpha2" and group 15 has no key assigned. Note that Alpha1 and Keypad1 are separate keys.

I then go to flight mode where I launch by pressing the "1" key, separate by pressing the "2" key and activate the chute by clicking on the Group 15 icon on screen.

Now, I'm leaving for a couple weeks so I'm not sure when I'll see your reply. (I'm back May 15th.) If you still have questions do post however, I may have internet at the hotel or someone else may help. If it requires a code change however, that has to wait until I'm back.

That means I'm out of time as well so:

Version 2.0 Release

Download here.

-KSP 1.1 Update.

Straight conversion to make AGX work on KSP 1.1, no changes or tweaks yet.

Note I'm pushing this just before I leave on 2 weeks for vacation, anything that comes up is going to have to wait until I'm back on May 15th so hopefully everything is at least usable.

D.

Edited by Diazo

3 hours ago, Diazo said:

@Justinjah91 I'm going to need more detail then that to troubleshoot, a copy of the output_log.txt file would be a big help also.

However, as you mention you're not sure exactly how to use the mod, here is a very short video on the basics.

Here is a link to my output_log.txt.  When I installed this mod, it cleared all of the 0-9 action groups that I had programmed in the VAB. The gear and light action groups still work, and I am able to edit all of the action groups that fall in the "other" category. When I try to create new action groups, they don't function. I can add actions to the groups just fine, and they show up in the little list of actions, but nothing happens when I click on the actions in the list and the hotkeys don't work either.

I tried the version you posted today, but still no luck. Here's my list of mods in case that's important:

Aviation Lights

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Inventory System

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Infernal Robotics

Umbra Space Industry's MKS/OKS

Output_log.txt:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llrrmvtda48v5q1/output_log.txt?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.