[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

@Diazo or anyone else, i've been using AGX for a long time without issue but yesterday after building a new craft in the SPH the action groups do not work when trying to use them. The AGX window shows the text "NO GO" in red writing whenever i try to execute an action group. The groups i had set up were for the toggling of the main engine cluster, a group for the toggling of the secondary engine clusters and another group to toggle the shutters on a shroud.

Happy to provide more info if necessary - im running 1.2.2 x64 with a whole bunch of mods (62 to be precise) but ive never experienced an issue before.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

You have issue with RemoteTech. I looked at github sources and found this line

else if (AGXRemoteTechQueue.ElementAt((i2 - 1)).state == AGXRemoteTechItemState.NOCOMMS)
 {
                    timeString = "NO GO";
                    AGXBtnStyle.normal.textColor = Color.red;
}

A condition for remote control  / communication is not satisfied. Check for relays etc ... (i don't use RemoteTech myself so i don't know the specifics). Or maybe you installed RemoteTech by accident ? :)

Edited by fatcargo

1 hour ago, fatcargo said:

You have issue with RemoteTech. I looked at github sources and found this line

else if (AGXRemoteTechQueue.ElementAt((i2 - 1)).state == AGXRemoteTechItemState.NOCOMMS)
 {
                    timeString = "NO GO";
                    AGXBtnStyle.normal.textColor = Color.red;
}

A condition for remote control  / communication is not satisfied. Check for relays etc ... (i don't use RemoteTech myself so i don't know the specifics). Or maybe you installed RemoteTech by accident ? :)

Ah yes - i do have remotetech installed - but this is strange as i have full control of my craft and can fly it remotely. The state "No Comms" as referenced by that code doesnt appear AFAIK. i'll check again tonight - but this has been very helpful, thank you @fatcargo!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, checking to see if the best way to run this mod is still the 1.2 version with the 1.3 compiled DLL (referenced a few posts back from June/July).

It doesn't show up in CKAN for 1.3 and when I've tried re-installing it using the 1.2 version (on my old KSP install), it wasn't showing me any action groups, etc. in my 1.3 game.

But I haven't used the new DLL yet. Thought I'd ask before spending time on an "older" fix if a new release was available.

Edited by scottadges

• 5 weeks later...

Any chance of a 1.3.1 re-build and full release, since it looks like we will be on 1.3.1 for a while?  This might need more than that, due to the translation stuff being added, so this would need some edits or a refactor to handle prompts and such, since there are now translations due to changes in the APIs

Edited by Murdabenne

@Toontoonizer I've also been having an issue with AGX and remote tech. With a manned craft that doesn't have a comms connection, the named action groups (ie lights, gear, RCS etc) work but the others don't. But you can right click on AGX in the toolbar and click on bypass remote tech and then all the action groups will function.

@Diazo could you make it so that (with remote tech) if the craft is manned it doesn't require a comms connection in order to use action groups?

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:43 AM, katateochi said:

@Toontoonizer I've also been having an issue with AGX and remote tech. With a manned craft that doesn't have a comms connection, the named action groups (ie lights, gear, RCS etc) work but the others don't. But you can right click on AGX in the toolbar and click on bypass remote tech and then all the action groups will function.

@Diazo could you make it so that (with remote tech) if the craft is manned it doesn't require a comms connection in order to use action groups?

Going on 3+ months (July) since @Diazo has been on here. Many months since last official release per github.  GPL3,  https://github.com/SirDiazo/AGExt

Might be time to start seeing if this can be adopted by someone and released for 1.3.1 as something like Action Groups (Re) Extended.

Tagging @linuxgurugamer just for your opinion - do you have a few minutes to estimate how much work this would take, and would an old C/C++/Perl/Linux server-side guy be able to maintain this whilst learning C# and the MS environment?

Edited by Murdabenne

For all interested parties, I have an unofficial rebuild of AGExt for 1.3.1

There are two versions:

• Straight recompile with no significant code changes

• Simplification and optimization of Flight.CheckActionsActiveActualCode, using code submitted in a PR by Github user @AidCoe

Both can be obtained here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/AGExt/releases

Source code is available, and the license continues to be GPLv3

You can always grab the latest build from my Jenkins server:  https://jenkins.spacetux.net/job/Unofficial/job/AGExt/

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Go ahead and make Action Groups (re)Extended yours.  I'm going to try on my own as if I were starting this with only the old one (and your adoption framework and method)  then see what I come up with versus what you have in the official re-repo.

Why? to see if I can do it, and learn from my errors, and learn from your work - in prep for actually reviving another mod somewhere along the way later

Edited by Murdabenne
added why...

1 minute ago, Murdabenne said:

Go ahead and make Action Groups (re)Extended yours.  I'm going to try on my own as if I were starting this with only the old one (and your adoption framework and method)  then see what I come up with versus what you have in the official re-repo.

Ok.  

Couldn't find it with searching for terms I could come up with, so I dunno if this question was asked before.
Read the manual, but couldn't find an answer.

The problem: I built a big old spacecraft with many, many action groups. I saved a subassembly of that craft for further use.
I build a new spacecraft, use that saved subassembly, and all the many action groups reappear. Mostly empty, obviously, but the names are there.
I edit the action groups, to what I want. But every time I detach and reattach a part or subassembly, all the old action group names reappear. Just overwriting the names I had made new, clearing out the names of some of the new groups.

So I tried cleaning this out by rerooting, saving, saving subassemblies anew. For two old subassemblies, it works. Clean up action groups, detach, reattach, and all is well. Save game. Detach and reattach another subassembly that's part of this, boom, there they are again, all the old action group names.

I'm at my witts end. Please. What am I doing wrong?

I'm still on 1.3, had this problem for ages with the recompile by @Denko666.
Most recently tried it with the most recent version of Action Groups Reextended by @linuxgurugamer. Appears to work fine in 1.3, but has the exact same behavior.
Which is what makes me suspect it's not a bug, but my own dumb.

In case it's not my own dumb but a bug (which I really doubt), here's the most recent log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16_YLa2F7DeoFZ2RnSS5xPbR5BGGPAzOr
That one is with the Action Groups ReExtended. I tried going back to the last version for 1.3, by @Denko666, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, the mod doesn't load, just tried loading the game three times with the latest version from the OP and the files for 1.3 by Denko666. Only ever get the default action-groups interface, no AGX button. Just because I have it, there is no reason not to share, so here's the log from that: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15fProcTWrSMAC-LfrSupgQYI0o-mGcxv

And here's the extensive list of my addons: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XMHKeHh1hzgWxoKMzC9mqrb1NWhottXe

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2017 at 2:05 PM, DerGolgo said:

I'm still on 1.3, had this problem for ages with the recompile by @Denko666.
Most recently tried it with the most recent version of Action Groups Reextended by @linuxgurugamer. Appears to work fine in 1.3, but has the exact same behavior.
Which is what makes me suspect it's not a bug, but my own dumb.

Read the post right above yours, and then go and post in the correct thread, please

• 2 weeks later...

Just started using this. Brilliant Mod.........Something that should gave been in original game. Came across somethings while using it so thought i would comment as they could be bugs or mod is supposed to work like this.

1. When copying an item which has actions assigned, i am finding the actions do not copy over with the new object.

2. When assigning an action number. Ie clicking slot 50. It would be nice if text was auto set to start in the other window where you type the name. As it is i have to click the number slot then click the name field in the other window, otherwise text does not type.

3. There being so many slots available. It would be nice that when opening the actions menu when builing a craft, all previously assigned actions on other craft could be displayed. As it is if i create a new craft the whole 250 slots are empty, and i could duplicate comnands on same slots.i have not yet docked two craft with different commands on ssme slots, but im guessing it could get interesting.

For reference im running ksp 1.3.1 and all mods i have including this one are all up to date.

Anyway, great mod, appreciate you putting together something really usefull.

26 minutes ago, Bionic bulldog said:

Just started using this. Brilliant Mod.........Something that should gave been in original game. Came across somethings while using it so thought i would comment as they could be bugs or mod is supposed to work like this.

1. When copying an item which has actions assigned, i am finding the actions do not copy over with the new object.

2. When assigning an action number. Ie clicking slot 50. It would be nice if text was auto set to start in the other window where you type the name. As it is i have to click the number slot then click the name field in the other window, otherwise text does not type.

3. There being so many slots available. It would be nice that when opening the actions menu when builing a craft, all previously assigned actions on other craft could be displayed. As it is if i create a new craft the whole 250 slots are empty, and i could duplicate comnands on same slots.i have not yet docked two craft with different commands on ssme slots, but im guessing it could get interesting.

For reference im running ksp 1.3.1 and all mods i have including this one are all up to date.

Anyway, great mod, appreciate you putting together something really usefull.

Look at my signature,my doing is {Action Groups ReExtended}.
You should go to the new thread, not the current thread.

The author of this thread is no longer maintained

Edited by CN_Warren

• 3 months later...

Can someone please explain what all the RT options are for and what they do and how to use them?  It is making me crazy not knowing???  There is show remotech and bypass remotech and disable remotech and for the bloody life of me I cannot figure out what they do or how to use them???

• 1 month later...

Hey folks I think I found some odd behaviors with this outstanding mod and Roverdude's Project Orion. I detailed my observations, tests, log files and workaround over in the Project Orion forums:

I am on 1.4.2 with about 75 mods:https://imgur.com/a/rbpzD6f

The module definitions in my .SFS file appear benignly corrupted. This mod has been working great for months (still does!), even with thousands of these all throughout my save files:

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/bHTj8fTmJp/

Simple solution was just to set action groups in AGX while in LKO for the engines and they went from just making SFX with 0.1N of thrust to suddenly working fantastically. I hope this helps at least someone!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/13/2017 at 12:46 AM, ss8913 said:

my recompile works 100% as well as the release version did in 1.2.2.  I didn't change anything, just added the right resources to find Unity and the other DLL, and told VS to 'build solution' ... this was using Visual Studio 2017 community edition.  Saves the configs just fine for me.

Installed by just installing the 1.2.2 version and replacing the DLL with my newly-compiled one.

Any chance this 1.3 version was stored elsewhere? The link is dead now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.