[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Diazo, can you integrate MechJeb2 api commands? I want to be able to land by triggering an action group :) (or at least circularize orbit, activate/deactivate.)

http://wiki.mechjeb.com/index.php?title=Autom8

If you can add coordinate inputs for action group triggered landing at a specific target, that would be amazing!

Edited by ginsuguy585

If anyone else runs into an issue where AGX throws an exception stopping you when you try to change ships or save your game, check for empty(0 bytes size) AGExt0xxxx.cfg files in your savegame folder. Deleting them appears to have unborked my game.

@Thorbane: That would certainly do it, although I have no clue how it might have happened.

The good news is I'm currently in the middle of reworking how data is saved and the AGExt####.cfg files will no longer be used in the next version.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

I have a problem with the Launch Escape System, not sure if it is because of AGX exactly.

I made the abort action group and added the option for it to activate LES, a decoupler and a fairing. When I press the abort button, the fairing and decouplers do their job but the Launch escape system doesn't start. It says that the engine is activated and on the staging section on the left off the screen it displays the fuel bar as if it was working, but the actual engines don't ignite and after I right click on it, its says the status is off. Same happens when I activate it by clicking activate. It works just fine when I start it via staging but that's obviously not how it's supposed to be used. Am I missing something?

Edit:

Looks like this only happens when I use the actual abort action group. If I use any of the regular action groups for example AG 1 then the LES fires just fine.

Edited by Patrykz94

I'm not sure what is going on there.

When in the editor, can you click the AGX button a second time to show KSP's default editor and try adding it to the abort action group that way and see what happens?

If you do it that way that removes AGX from the equation and if it still happens I would have to say it probably isn't an AGX issue. If it does I'll try to find some time to look into it.

D.

I did that and the same thing happens. It also happens with modded LES towers so I guess the basic action groups in the game are just bugged. It works just fine if I assign it to action group 1 for example but ABORT or BRAKE won't fire the engine.

The toggle action on aero control surfaces (ie. 'Elevon 1') doesn't seem to work with AGX. Extend/Retract actions work as would be expected however toggle just doesn't seem to do anything. I've also tried enabling the AGX toggle option but while the action group changes color when clicked it still doesn't affect the part's state.

The toggle action works correctly when removing AGX and using stock action groups.

This is happening to me also. This post is from May 2015.

He never got his answer :(

Hi Diazo,

Love this mod and have been using it quite a bit, but it seems like it's having a problem with 1.0.5...

ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.Update ()
[EXC 18:03:27.029] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Here's a link to the full log if it helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0z3wanoo3cfisd3/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks for looking into it...

Danny

Alright.

Downloading KSP 1.0.5 now, let's see how bad things are broken.

D.

edit: The 1.0.5 changes don't look too bad, but I'm 99% finished rewriting how the data saves so I'm going to go ahead and release that in the next version as well.

If there's really few bugs I have to run down and squash the next release may be this evening (Tuesday) but tomorrow is a more realistic expectation.

Edited by Diazo

Hi Diazo,

Ok I see I'm not the only one experiencing a funky bug with 1.0.5 :) thanks for working so quick on a fix!

My KSP is heavily modded so... I did the following:

- DLed a vanilla KSP 1.0.5,

- added the last Module Manager 2.6.13

- added AGExt 133a

- created a new sandbox career

- enter VAB (or SPH, it has the same result)

- ... and reproduced the exact same problem I had in my modded KSP : it's impossible to exit VAB / SPH or launch a craft from either one of them.

Commented extract from the log:

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.5.1024 (WindowsPlayer) Steam

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8)
RAM: 12287
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (3072MB)
SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 10.18.13.5582])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Tue, Nov 10, 2015 17:12:49

[COLOR=#ff0000](... loading, blablabla )[/COLOR]

[WRN 17:14:38.150] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From MAINMENU to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================
[LOG 17:14:39.981] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AddScenarioModules' from assembly 'KSP'
[LOG 17:14:39.982] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ContractDefs' from assembly 'KSP'
[LOG 17:14:40.005] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CustomConfigsManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[LOG 17:14:40.007] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AGExtMainMenu' from assembly 'AGExt'
[LOG 17:14:40.623] [CustomConfigsManager] Setting moddeed tech tree as the active one
[LOG 17:14:40.624] [CustomConfigsManager] Setting moddeed physics as the active one
[LOG 17:14:40.626] PhysicsGlobals: Loading database
[LOG 17:14:40.632] AGX Deleteing old save games start: 11/10/2015 5:14:40 PM
[LOG 17:14:40.635] AGX Deleteing old save games end: 11/10/2015 5:14:40 PM
[LOG 17:14:41.595] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 17:14:41.612] [AsteroidSpawner]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. HSJ-227!
[LOG 17:14:45.511] Flight State Captured
[LOG 17:14:45.514] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 17:14:45.524] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[LOG 17:14:45.525] SpaceCenterMain: Cannot find gameObject of url localSpace/Kerbin/Kerbin/KSC/DestructionCollider
[LOG 17:14:47.220] Flight State Captured
[LOG 17:14:47.221] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 17:14:47.224] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[LOG 17:14:48.285] Flight State Captured
[LOG 17:14:48.285] Saving Achievements Tree...
[LOG 17:14:48.288] Game State Saved to saves/default/persistent
[WRN 17:14:48.306] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR (Async) =====================
[LOG 17:14:50.175] No Input Locks in effect right now
[LOG 17:14:50.414] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AGXEditor' from assembly 'AGExt'
[LOG 17:14:50.451] ------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------
[LOG 17:14:50.452] editor started
[LOG 17:14:50.526] IconLoader awake
[EXC 17:14:50.719] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'GameVariables.UnlockedActionGroupsCustom'.

[EXC 17:14:50.740] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[WRN 17:14:50.749] HighlightingSystem : Framebuffer depth data is not available and can't be used to occlude highlighting. Highlighting occluders enabled.
[EXC 17:14:51.742] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 17:14:51.747] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 17:14:51.749] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 17:14:51.749] DepNodeCount: 0
[LOG 17:14:51.750] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 17:14:51.751] BiomeNodeCount: 0
[LOG 17:14:51.751] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 17:14:51.752] PlanetNodeCount: 0
[EXC 17:14:52.202] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:14:52.267] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[COLOR=#ff0000](these last 2 lines for a while, then : )[/COLOR]

[EXC 17:14:54.923] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:14:54.946] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.SaveCurrentKeyBindings ()
ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorSaveGlobalInfo ()
ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorSaveToFile ()
ActionGroupsExtended.AGextScenarioEditor.OnSave (.ConfigNode node)
ScenarioModule.Save (.ConfigNode node)
ProtoScenarioModule..ctor (.ScenarioModule module)
ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules ()
Game.Updated ()
GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
ScenarioNewGameIntro.<EditorTutorialSetup>m__2A9 ()
TutorialScenario.Draw (Int32 id)
UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 17:14:54.952] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:14:54.966] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[COLOR=#ff0000](this for a while again, seems to happen when I click on the top right exit button : )[/COLOR]

[EXC 17:15:00.452] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:00.469] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:00.474] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Game.Updated ()
GamePersistence.SaveGame (System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
EditorLogic.onExitConfirm ()
EditorLogic.exitEditor ()
[EXC 17:15:00.487] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:00.501] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:00.519] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[COLOR=#ff0000](and again)[/COLOR]

[EXC 17:15:01.352] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.369] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.371] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Game.Updated ()
[EXC 17:15:01.384] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.402] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.419] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.435] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.453] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.468] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.484] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.502] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.504] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Game.Updated ()
[EXC 17:15:01.519] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.535] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.552] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.568] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.584] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.602] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.619] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.635] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.652] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.654] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Game.Updated ()
[EXC 17:15:01.668] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.684] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.702] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:01.718] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[COLOR=#ff0000](and again)[/COLOR]

[EXC 17:15:05.402] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:05.439] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:05.475] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 17:15:05.580] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
GenericAppFrame.OnDestroy ()
[EXC 17:15:05.647] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.OnDisable ()

[COLOR=#ff0000](there I intentionaly forced KSP to close from windows desktop)[/COLOR]

I guess you've already found which bug to squash. Thanks for being already on the case :)

be well

snaky

I have to hook into the save/exit buttons to make sure my data saves correctly and those have broken in 1.0.5

Because of the way they break, they also break KSP's basic functionality of those buttons so clicking them does nothing.

It is an easy fix so I should have the new version out soon.

D.

FYI I had the same issue, and all my buttons were white/buggy rather than the slick looking GUI you have in your images.

What is limiting this to 250 Action Groups? I'm currently looking at a way to command my whole ship, and it looks like kOS can take in Action Groups through your mod, so I very well might run out of Action Groups in my simulator.

Awesome mod Diazo. My project wouldn't be possible without mods like yours. Thanks!

FYI I had the same issue, and all my buttons were white/buggy rather than the slick looking GUI you have in your images.

What is limiting this to 250 Action Groups? I'm currently looking at a way to command my whole ship, and it looks like kOS can take in Action Groups through your mod, so I very well might run out of Action Groups in my simulator.

kOS can also activate part modules directly. If you are setting up a kOS script to do a bunch of things, you might want to go that route and save the action groups for when you want to input commands yourself.

Side note: I'll echo Keith, this is a great mod Diazo!

@Keith Young: I'm not sure what would cause the buttons to go all white, can you post a screen shot? There is nothing in the loading of the textures for the buttons that got broken by 1.0.5 as far as I know.

As for limiting the groups, that is an artifact of how I approached it originally. What ultimately started me working on this was another person working on a sim pit who was talking about having lots and lots of switches as well. Looking into the communications though (he was using an Arduino, there's a thread for it somewhere on the forums), the number of bytes in the serial communication was a big bottle neck. So looking at the computer values one byte (eight bits) can have 256 different values, so I went with that and rounded to 250 for human interface reasons. All that original code has long been rewritten and left behind, but it lingers on in a few things such as the 250 action group limit.

As this point I don't think I can easily increase it beyond 250 action groups. That limit has been hardcoded into the mod in so many places it would be a significant undertaking to increase it.

@Wercho: Thanks. :) And yes kOS can activate actions directly, although depending on what you are doing it can be simpler to assign the actions in this mod and then just call the action group with one line of kOS code.

D.

edit: Argh, just spend way too long chasing a "bug" that wasn't anything to do with me. Apparently the reaction wheel toggle on/off action is now name "Toggle RW" in the editor, but named "Toggle" in flight. As I use these names to identify actions it looked like my mod was causing actions to vanish. :/

Release will be tomorrow (Wednesday) some time now, too much left to get it all done tonight now.

Edited by Diazo

@Biz Kerryear: It is this mod breaking the buttons, as I have already described once 4 posts before yours.

@Keith Young: That looks to be an install error because the texture files are not where they are expected to be. How did you install this mod? If you did it manually please double check you merged the gamedata folders so that this mod is found at KSP\GameData\Diazo\AGExt\AGExt.dll If you used CKAN I'll look into that once I get the next release out.

D.

Edited by Diazo

@Biz Kerryear: It is this mod breaking the buttons, as I have already described once 4 posts before yours.

Sorry, that where on a different page, so I missed it ...

But it breaks a little more than just the KSP buttons. I have a quick switch mod which lets me move to any other building from any building e.g. VAB. Normally that should let me go around those things. But KSP does not work with this either ... it also refuses to save ... (have a quick exit mod which saves [normally] and ends the game ... but with your mod installed it doesn't save)

AGC 1.33a with KSP V1.0.5 gives the following exception and prevents exiting the VAB or SPH:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Action Groups Extended Version 1.34b

Download here.

-KSP 1.0.5 Compatibility

-Move data storage to internal partModules, no more external files are used.

You must load vessels from 1.0.4 once in the editor before launching them or all your actions will be lost.

Vessels already in flight are fine and should import data correctly.

-Fix Editor UI panels

-Fix bug on Kerbal EVA

Alright, this will now work with KSP 1.0.5.

This version passed all the tests I was able to throw at it but I ran out of time tonight to test every little feature. I'm releasing it anyway as I won't have time to work on this until the weekend now and I want to get something that works out there so you can start playing with 1.0.5

Note that moving the data storage from external files to internal partModules is a pretty big change, if you see something odd please let me know so I can make sure everything is working as expected.

This version should also fix the toggle action on control surfaces so that it now works.

D.

edit: 1000th post! Yay! :D

Edited by Diazo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.