[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

Could you try and recreate with another craft, while leaving the Apollo x intact?

I'm asking this because "name = editorVAB6511211110810811132120" in the first example is actually invalid so I'm wondering if this issue affects only the first craft in the AGExtEditor.cfg file.

In detail, when it saves the "name = editorVAB6511211110810811132120" means that when it goes to load, it does not find the Apollo x data and so creates everything from defaults which means all the information is lost, but then goes and saves it correctly the second time with "name =editor" and "VAB6511211110810811132120" on two separate lines.

If this is the issue, leaving the Apollo x data intact will allow a second vessel to save correctly as it can only affect the first vessel in the file.

D.

Edited by Diazo

Could you try and recreate with another craft, while leaving the Apollo x intact?

That worked! The descriptions save now. Even just re-saving Apollo x with a different name worked for the same exact craft build. I am not sure what I did to muck it up in the first place, but thanks to your solution we are back on track! Thanks and keep up the good work!

I have a few ideas I'll try to track down tomorrow.

If I'm right, it will happen on every first vessel made in a new game, even if no actions are saved on that vessel.

Especially for career mode games as action groups are locked, the player never sees this because they don't have access to action groups on that first vessel this bug occurs on.

D.

edit: Okay, I can't replicate the issue. As fixing it is straightforward I'm not going to spend any more time on it unless I get more reports about it.

Edited by Diazo

Erm, that is not at all normal.

That is a debug message I thought I disabled before I released the mod.

Downloading the current version off Git, I don't see the message, could I ask you to update?

Maybe I forgot to disable it in one of my older versions, but as far as I can tell in the current version it does not spam that message.

D.

Edited by Diazo

I'm having a problem with the action group names not saving [edit: only happening to SPH created ships]. I tried adding the "name = editor" line to the savegame's AGExtEditor.cfg file, but the game just deletes it. The actions themselves are keeping, just the names I type in for the individual actions are not staying.

The problem started when I was on the previous version, but still doing it on 1.26.

:edit2: I could be wrong, but I think my SPH entries are getting eaten - deleted from the file AGExtEditor file. I saw one of the last SPH entries in there a bit ago, but now it is gone.

Edited by Sarxis

Version 1.27

Download here.

-Fix SPH made vessels not saving their data across game sessions.

-ModuleManager is now required to support upcoming features, notably Sub-Assembly support will be in the next version.

@Sarxis: Thank you for that report, it made me realize that one of the changes Squad made to the Editor code slipped past me and AGX always thought it was in the VAB and never in the SPH, even when it was in the SPH. This resulted in vessels made in the SPH not persisting their data across game sessions.

This version also now requires ModuleManager to support the upcoming Sub-Assembly support (and other future features). I have Sub-Assembly support about 50% finished and while it is not yet usable by the player, enough of the back end code is done that AGX now requires ModuleManager to function 100%.

Hopefully this is the last of the 0.90 created bugs squashed now, but let me know of any issues and I'll get them fixed for you.

D.

Version 1.28b

Download here.

-Add Sub-assembly support

-(1.28a) Fix bug where removed actions could sometimes reappear.

-(1.28b) More error trapping around AGExtEditorNode

-(1.28b) Tweak external support for other mods.

Simply save your sub-assembly after assigned actions to it and those actions will load correctly when you place that subassembly on another vessel. This includes assigning the actions correctly if you place the subassembly in symmetry.

Also, if the action group name is blank, the sub-assembly will fill that name in as well. If there is already a group name assigned, placing the subassembly will not change it.

@SMILIE: It looks like there was something broken in the half-completed support for sub-assemblies. (ModuleAGX.OnSave is new in that code.)

I have finished off SubAssebly support in version 1.28 so it should hopefully fix that error.

My basic tests tonight did not show any errors, but I am out of time to do any in-depth testing as I am out of time tonight as I have to get up early for work tomorrow. I'm posting the update anyway as this will hopefully fix the problem and I'll finish off my tests tomorrow night.

D.

Edited by Diazo

Nothing significant in my testing, just one bug fix on how removed actions are handled. (Download link in previous post updated to version 1.28a).

There's no way I was able to test every way people use this mod though, but at this point I will need a bug report (including the output_log.txt if possible), in order to track any problems down.

Happy KSPing.

D.

Nothing significant in my testing, just one bug fix on how removed actions are handled. (Download link in previous post updated to version 1.28a).

There's no way I was able to test every way people use this mod though, but at this point I will need a bug report (including the output_log.txt if possible), in order to track any problems down.

Happy KSPing.

D.

I just updated to the latest version, started up the game and made a rocket. Upon clicking launch, I found nothing happened. This is being spammed in my output.log though:

AGX EditorLoadFromNode Fail 10b System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorLoadFromNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I just updated to the latest version, started up the game and made a rocket. Upon clicking launch, I found nothing happened. This is being spammed in my output.log though:

AGX EditorLoadFromNode Fail 10b System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXEditor.EditorLoadFromNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Same issue. Installed through CKAN and this started when it upgraded to the newest version.

Same issue. Installed through CKAN and this started when it upgraded to the newest version.

Confirmed. In career mode editor worked fine until unlocking action groups, in sandbox mode it's broken by default.

Okay, first issue is that someone modified the CKAN to point at kerbalstuff instead of GitHub on me. I've reverted that, but can everyone with problems please confirm that the mod installed correctly to KSP-Install\GameData\Diazo\AGExt\AGExt.dll please?

Second, if the install location is correct, it looks like the AGExtEditor.cfg file is empty error is back. If this is the case, can someone post there entire output_log.txt please? If this is the case the error pasted above is a symptom and the actual error happens when you first load into the Editor. Also, is the KSP-Install\Saves\{YourGame}\AGExtEditor.cfg file empty for those of you getting this error?

I'll see if I can track down anything else that might be causing this,

D.

edit: Here is version 1.28b with expanded error trapping to hopefully lock this down so it does not happen again. I am still assuming at this point it is the AGExtEditor.cfg file empty error, if not I will have to troubleshoot some more.

Edited by Diazo

Okay, first issue is that someone modified the CKAN to point at kerbalstuff instead of GitHub on me. I've reverted that, but can everyone with problems please confirm that the mod installed correctly to KSP-Install\GameData\Diazo\AGExt\AGExt.dll please?

For me it ended up in KSP-Install/GameData/Diazo/Diazo/AGExt/AGExt.dll.

After moving AGExt one directory up it seems fine again.

Erg, that would do it.

It is hardcoded to look for all its files in that directory, put them somewhere else and things go wrong.

I'll talk to the CKAN people to see if we can figure out what happened.

D.

edit: Looking through the CKAN stuff, I can confirm that when someone tried to help by updating it for me, they messed up the install directory.

Anyone who has installed this mod version 1.28a through CKAN must reinstall to get the mod into the correct place if they installed it before my previous message two posts ago. (It shows 1:30pm MST at -7 UTC).

To check, if the mod is installed at GameData\Diazo\Diazo\AGExt\AGext.dll, you have the wrong install, if it is at GameData\Diazo\AGext\AGext.dll you are correct and please report any further errors as those are a different problem.

Edited by Diazo

Version 1.29c

Download here.

(1.29c) Fix ModuleEnginesFX so those actions load correctly.

Overhaul external interface for other mods.

No changes to AGX will be visible to the player, but watch this space for exciting announcements in the next few days.

D.

Edited by Diazo

I pressed auto-hide and a panel - A VERY CRITICAL PANEL - with all the assignment slots turns off. How the bloody hell do I get it back! Every time I press thius button by mistake I spend a ton of time trying to recover the panel and in the end I have to restart the game in frustration!

On the main window where selected parts and their actions appear, just above the text box where you enter the group description, is a button that shows your current group and group name. Click this to make that window re-appear and then click the auto-hide button again to stop it from hiding itself.

On the Quick Start image in the first post of this thread, it is the button labeled "Current Group".

D.

On the main window where selected parts and their actions appear, just above the text box where you enter the group description, is a button that shows your current group and group name. Click this to make that window re-appear and then click the auto-hide button again to stop it from hiding itself.

On the Quick Start image in the first post of this thread, it is the button labeled "Current Group".

D.

Thanks.

Seriously as constructive feedback that button is really confusing. I cannot tell you how many times I inadvertently press it then end up banging my head for a very long time to get the get that window back. I don't really even understand the purpose of hiding this window. If I need to get to the non-numbered actions all I need to do is press the AG button again and the stock pop out appears with those entries.

I am guessing that I just don't fully understand the intended work flow using this mod. Maybe a small youtube video demonstrating each of the functions and their intended use would be helpful.

I originally added that options (auto-hide) because of worries about how big the mod was getting in terms of screen space being taken up so people on smaller screens could pop that window up over top of their vessel when changing group and then it would hide so they could pick parts.

Having said that, I added that before the settings menu on the toolbar button right click and the Auto-Hide really should move to there.

Also, I have started a youtube video series of which the first two videos are up covering the basics.

I did not have a mic so I had to use subtitles and the two videos up only cover the basics, it's going to take 7 or 8 videos to cover everything.

D.

edit: Alright, moved the Auto-Hide button to the right-click menu. Not going to release a new version just for that as there will be a new release in the next few days for some other features I'm hoping to add.

Edited by Diazo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.