[1.2.2](Dec10/16) Action Groups Extended: 250 Action Groups, in-flight editing. Now kOS/RemoteTech

Diazo

First off, thank the stars you're back. I've become rather fond of this mod and I was beginning to worry you'd lost interest.

For item 5, how will that flow out to ships already flying. Will the added AGExt modules be self deleting?

For an issue not listed. I've noticed that in the flight scene with the AGExt editor up, I cannot select (nor do they highlight) the stock sensors. It just highlights and selects whatever is under the part in question. When the AG editor isn't up, they highlight fine and either way I can still right click on them as normal. I just can't get AGExt to do anything with them outside the VAB/SPH

Right, thank you for reminding me. That was actually a known issue from before.

Added to list: Small parts not selectable in flight view to edit actions.

For item 5, removing ModuleManger, this will not affect existing flights. It will still be the same AGX module in code, I'm just going to change from using ModuleManager to add it to doing it myself in code.

D.

Alright, version 1.4 is out.

No new features or functions really, this is a bugfix and stability release.

-Added error trapping to the VAB/SPH. You should no longer be able to get stuck with a piece picked up that you can't put down.

-Actiongroups should now always work in flight mode. No more having to show and then hide the mod on loading the flight scene to get them to work.

-Changes made to action groups in flight mode now save correctly. Note that because I use KSP's save methods, not my own, if you unexpectedly exit (crash, Alt-F4) you will still lose any recent changes.

-Select small parts in flight mode. Right-click a part to select it for AGExt to use. I could not get left-click selection to work as expected but I was able to intercept the right-click menu opening on a part to select the smaller parts. Note that the right-click menu still opens when you do this but that causes no conflicts.

This release should bring the mod to a stable and usable condition so I can move on to adding new features.

If you have any issues to report, please do so and I'll look at pushing the next version to fix it.

D.

Hello!

I have a big problem with the mod.

I can not assign any actions via the mod interface in the editor window. Just no actions at all appear in the window.

In flight everything seems to work good.

What can the problem be?

Thank you!

Hello Diazo, glad you are back on this mod :)

Unfortunatly I have to report some weird bug, I was playing around and did a revert to VAB to fix some lights then as I launched again got this ( despite the flames I had no control and stuck in place ):

SzUNS16.png

Stock installation, here are logs and persistent file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/le0x2tzh3qzp6d7/stuffs.zip

Had the same problem, first launch works second I'm in space sort of as described. Thought it may be another mod I do testing for but sounding like it could be this one since others are having the same issue.

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pg7fz8wbc1ajyq/KSP.log

output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/afrjfgt8f1xr2ix/output_log.txt

Edited by JeffreyCor

Hotfix out.

Version 1.4 is broken. Trying to launch a second rocket will cause the above effect.

Please download version 1.4a and update as soon as possible.

The issue is that I was trying to run a compare on the control pod on the active vessel before the vessel had finished loading and so the compare was failing. As this happened during scene load, it cascaded back to KSP causing the above effect.

On the first rocket launched, the compare was between a null and a null which worked fine so the error did not happen. On the second rocket launched, the compare was between a null and the ID of the previous rocket which threw the error and broke everything.

I have added error handling so that it no longer cascades back to KSP and added logging so that this prints to the error log. Under normal conditions you will see around 5 lines (it will vary) of AGX Fail printing to the debug window (alt-f2) and then once the vessel finished loading and the compare can run, the error will no longer be present and everything should be fine.

If the error persists, or if the debug window continuously fills up with AGX Fail messages, please let me know ASAP as that means this is not completely fixed.

This version also includes the start of my work on integrating with KSP's default action groups.

All that includes in this version is linking the keybindings so that the Primary key for KSP Actiongroups 1 to 10 are linked to the keys for Groups 1 to 10 in KeySet1.

So if you change AGX KeySet1 Groups 1 to 10, that change is made to the primary key of KSP's actiongroups. If you make a change to KSP's actiongroups, that change is made to groups 1 to 10 of KeySet 1 in AGX.

D.

Edited by Diazo

Can I get more details to replicate please?

In the editor place some parts and then switch to the ActionGroup editor mode by clicking the Actions tab at the top of the screen. AGX should then show all its windows (check the windows are not hidden via the Toolbar mod).

Then clicking on a part (that has actions) does nothing? Or does it show the part in the part selections window but the actions window does not populate?

Also, can I get the output_log.txt from your {KSP_Install}\KSP_Data folder please? That will show me the error that is happening.

Thanks,

D.

I know it's a bit late to start making feature requests, but Procrastinator is my middle name. I've got a bit of a niche request, so if it's too much trouble, feel free not to bother.

Remote Tech 2 doesn't allow probes to be controlled if there's no connection to mission control. The standard action groups don't work if there's no connection, but I've noticed that AGX action groups will work regardless. Any chance of Remote Tech compatibility, or is this something I should ask about in the Remote Tech thread?

I am clicking on the part that has some actions, that part appears on the list, but I can see absolutely nothing in the window that should list actions ready to be assigned for the selected group, like if this part has no actions.

@UnanimousCoward: Unfortunately, making this compatible with RemoteTech would be quite complex and would require modifications to both AGX and RemoteTech to make things compatible. It is something I do have as a "that would be nice" feature, but I would have to work with RemoteTech's dev and he's currently working on RemoteTech 2 for KSP 0.24 release so there's no way anything will happen before then.

@Kitspace: That is odd. Is there anyway you can get me your output_log.txt from the KSP_Data folder? If it's too big, can you copy/paste the first 4 or 5 errors that appear after the "Switching from SpaceCenter to Editor" line please?

Also, does the Actions List window go blank, or does it still display the "No Actions Available" message that it does when no part is selected? And which part is this on? If it's a mod part I'll grab it and check out what's happening.

Regardless I'll take a look at soon as I get home from work.

D.

@UnanimousCoward: Unfortunately, making this compatible with RemoteTech would be quite complex and would require modifications to both AGX and RemoteTech to make things compatible...

D.

Yeah, figured something like that. Oh well, that just leaves me needing to use discipline and restraint instead. I'll tell myself it's like cheating at solitaire.

The window is completely blank.

There is not a single character of text in it.

In flight everything works fine.

This is happening to all the parts that I have tried.

I will get the log and post it here.

@Diazo, have you had time to look into the issue some of us were having with parts that have multiple actions/experiments only triggering one of those actions/experiments even when more than one were assigned in the VAB/SPH? In particular for me, the B9 Sensor Package contains 4 of the stock science experiments and although I can add each one to an AGX group in the VAB/SPH, once I get out to Flight mode, that group only triggers one of those experiments. Looking at the group in the in-Flight editor shows multiple instances of the same action, one ofr each of the different actions I assigned in the VAB/SPH.

Please note that I'm still running 1.3 as I didn't see the fix I was looking for/needing in the posts you've made recently (and I also was unaware you were back until today...). I'm now hesitant to update to the latest version due to Kitspace's issue.

@Einarr: I have not had a chance to look at that issue. I'm pretty sure I know what is going on though. I'll see if I can get a fix out tonight after I deal with the issue Kitspace is reporting. Note that 1.3 is stable if you can live with the limitations present in that version.

@Kitspace: That's odd. The fact that the "No actions to display" text is not showing means that the mod is finding the actions to display, but then does not display them. I'll be home in about 3 hours and see what I can do.

D.

edit: @Kitspace: I will need an error log and a list of mods you are running. I just spent 10 minutes trying to replicate the error you are reporting and was unable to. To be clear the window that says "Select parts of the same type" is blank when you select a part with actions correct?

SelWinEdits.jpg

@Einarr: Okay, I've looked into the issue and as I was worried about, the multiple science experiments use the same code and so they have the same underlying name. I can make a fix where the difference science experiments use the GUI name you see in game, but because all the difference experiments use "Toggle Display" exactly, that method won't work for that so I want to keep investigating to see if there is a better fix.

@Einarr (again): Alright, I've figured out the routine I need to get the name thing figured out. However, it is more complex then I was hoping for so it may be a day or two before I can get it working.

Edited by Diazo

In particular with the B9 science package, the Toggle Display is not the actual experiment. The part in question combines the functions of the stock Seismometer, Presmat, Temperature sensor, and Gravity sensor. Each one of those has the experiment and the ability to show the data in the right click menu thing. The Toggle Display is what toggles displaying the data in the right click menu. While it would be nice to actually have my 'Instruments' group working (I set that up to toggle all such displays for right click menu infos for all science parts), it is not as important as getting my ' Science!' groups working properly for actually running the experiments..

Well, it's a case of I can do a patch job on this specific issue that does not fix the underlying problem, or I can take the extra time and actually fix the problem so this does not come up again.

In this case, fixing the actual problem is not much more time (probably will be a release with it tomorrow night as opposed to tonight), it is worth it to avoid this happening in the future.

As mentioned, the code is coming together nicely, and the version that can do the Instruments group should be ready tomorrow.

D.

1.4a did fix the 'revert and relaunch' bug. Thanks!

I hate to admit that I went to great lengths to track down the bug not knowing it was AGE...then by chance I caught some lines in the log mentioning it and looked here :)

Version 1.4b is out.

This version is to fix the multiple science experiments on one part. Note this is only a partial fix at the moment.

I parts with multiple science experiments (B9 nosecone) working, but only as long as the Action Names are different. (Log Pressure vs. Log Graviometer).

However, if the name of the action is the same, both the pressure sensor and the graviometer have "Toggle Display", things still are not working.

Unfortunately, one of my core assumptions way back when I started this was that all actions on a single part would have unique action names and I now have to tweak the foundations of my code to get this fixed.

The bright side is I do know what I have to do, the downside is I will not have programming time the next few days so I'm releasing this as-is rather then waiting on getting everything working.

D.

Really? /sigh

Reverted the download link in the first post to Version 1.4a. I'm not sure I'll have time to fix it this evening, I have a condo board meeting I have to go to.

Download link for Version 1.4b if anyone else wants to try it.

Can you check your output_log.txt for anything relevant? I will admit I forgot to test quicksave/quickload on Version 1.4b but I'm sure I tested both accessing the space center and switching vessels.

I will get a fix out as soon as I can.

D.

I'm still having problems with the Kethane Converters.

As you can see from the first picture below, I've setup 4 groups, each one toggles a different aspect of the Kethane Converter. Either Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer, Mono-propellant, or Xenon Gas. The names are all different, and they keep their settings as long as I stay in the VA/SPH. However when I launch, everything changes to the Liquid Fuel setting, and then retains that even when I go back to the VAB/SPH.

I would surmise that it truncates the commands at the first sign of a space in the title of the command, rather than using the ENTIRE text of the title.

Seems like a simple fix to me, just tell it to use the entire text of the command title. But I'm not familiar with the intricacies of the programming language you're using. :)

Good luck! I really like this Mod, and I'll use it regardless, I'll just find ways around the problem for now. :D

14215910858_eb37b49151_h.jpg

14399171731_d68581cc1a_h.jpg

14379407206_4aa30a2d9c_h.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.