Castigo Armaments

The Castigo weapons corporation is proud to announce our series of compact, effective and above all stoc* weaponry. Due to unknown issues with the editor 'stacked' weapons such as the V1 rocket tube and V1 rocket rack can only be center mounted, the editor refuses to allow them to be dual mounted unless it is done manually. It is our hope that these weapons will bring an end to clunky and ineffective weapon systems and greatly enhance game-play for those players who want to build a functional military without installing mods. To install just drag all the sub-assemblies into the Subassemblies folder of your save file.

Recent News

Releasing our first 0G only weapon and investigating a bug that displaces everything (even launch clamps) vertically by roughly 1km, seems to occur when you try to inception kraken warheads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light Weapons

B1 Bomb

Slightly larger than a FL-T400 fuel tan* the B1 is a reliable bomb that releases 8 pieces of AP shrapnel on impact.

e2jvj4fcgtqqlo4fg.jpg

B2 Bomb

Due to accuracy problems with the B1 model (I can't aim bombs) the B2 was designed to release 3 large pieces of AP bomb over a small area.

hoeyb2klpizxfctfg.jpg

B3 Bomb

Longer than a FL-T800 fuel tan* the B3 is by no means a small weapon. It ma*es up for its size by distributing 3 cluster warheads of the same type used by the B1 model over a reasonable area. In tests the resulting detonation created a wall of shrapnel destroying everything for over 100m ahead of the impact site.

wei52dbncdslx1afg.jpg

Cluster Bomb

This simple device releases 3 AP bomblets over the desired area.

y92lcf1uf4pvzp8fg.jpg

Cluster Bomb Mk2

Far more reliable than its predecessor this device releases 6 bomblets in a line spread.

o2m28aibfcnfc83fg.jpg

Light Cannon

This relatively compact weapon holds 10 rounds of ammunition. This device has a 30% misfire rate.

09gmgvasco69asifg.jpg

Light Cluster Cannon

Alternate version of the Light Cannon this model fires two shots at once though with greatly diminished accuracy. This device has a 10% misfire rate.

[image coming soon]

T1 Missile

Not only does this missile look cool but it also has a rudimentary remote guidance system.

g8orx59i5qao8l8fg.jpg

T1 ER Missile

This extended range model of the T1 travels at least 50% further and becomes more controllable towards the end of its flight.

fvhb84nduyzw2d1fg.jpg

V1 Rocket

This reliable rocket launcher suffers very little from arcing and has moderate armor penetrating capabilities. Comes in single shot, double shot pod, 2 shot tube and 4 shot rack models.

blg25e69c99wb43fg.jpg

V2 Rocket

This incredibly compact rocket system is almost completely unaffected by arcing however it lacks any kind of penetration. Comes in single shot and swarm models.

yvti9g3qvsplva0fg.jpg

V2.5 Rocket Swarm

Due to advancements in compression technology this weapon has less than half the size and accuracy of a conventional V2 Rocket Swarm

uj1nodxmrm8v1ynfg.jpg

V3 Rocket

This rocket has an incredibly small cross section at the cost of length, it also suffers from heavy arcing but has armor penetrating capabilities. Comes in single shot and triple shot pack models.

idcy54padf2enx9fg.jpg

V3.52 Rocket

While more bulky than older models the 3.5 makes up for it with a greatly reduced arc. It can now also be stacked in the same way as the V2 Rocket.

noxbb3ub3ketyeffg.jpg

V4 Rocket

The ultralight weight, long range V4 was conceived when one of our engineers looked at a V2 and thought "I wonder if..."

0jtpu4f9pqjsf97fg.jpg

US1 Torpedo

A small diameter torpedo designed for our very best customer. We are not responsible for any damages that may occur should this weapon suddenly accelerate in a random direction at >1000ms or suddenly start spinning rapidly before spontaneously disassembling it self and all nearby objects, though usually benign until fired under certain circumstances it may become UnStable.

6byph615we2y1yafg.jpg

Download: http://www./download/nf77dkjq7ef92fn/Stock+Weapons.zip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavy Weapons

Burst Cannon

Fires a burst of up to 14 light projectiles (Results may vary)

kwcg26838clqq7ffg.jpg

Y1 Rocket

This large rocket explodes in a devastating wave of shrapnel.

4dyu1w3i8qbkf0gfg.jpg

Y2K Rocket

The instability and sheer destructive potential of this weapon cannot be understated, For starters it mounts a Mk2 Kraken warhead which upon activation creates a little ball of whirling death. The missile literally holds this baby kraken in a cage as it flies, unfortunately for the target the cage does not survive impact unlike the baby kraken. Unfortunately for all life on the planet this little ball of whirling never runs out of energy and can theoretically wander the planet forever. It is highly recommend that this weapon be kept in a shroud until used as accidental activation... I'm just saying that a ball of what I am now calling 'Kraken Plasma' touching your vehicle is never a good thing.

s315zns7w0hj1sffg.jpg

H1 Mortar

A heavy, self propelled shell designed to punch through armor (This shell rather than destroying armor, seems to have a tendency to completely ignore its existence and hit whatever happens to be behind it instead)

010z0o5609dy17sfg.jpg

H2 Mortar

This second generation model of the H1 features a smaller diameter at the cost of longer length and shorter range.

210va7qg6vm7xk7fg.jpg

AP Rocket Swarm

Cluster of 6 armor piercing rockets for those panic moments when you just want to send a wall of metal hurtling in the general direction of the enemy.

u6ajdz2imcjwjmdfg.jpg

K1 Kannon

In response to a request from a certain armored vehicle manufacturer Castigo Armaments is proud to announce the release of a 2 shot, heavy armor piercing tank cannon.

q6qxebtc5qn5blafg.jpg

K2 Kannon

After the poor reception of our K1 Kannon our engineers decided, **** it were making this thing fire bombs.

e88nu74b6if8bpbfg.jpg

K1 Bomb

*Cave Johnson voice* I'm gonna level with you, we were originally trying to create a compact cluster warhead but it turns out that packing lots of big pieces of shrapnel into a small space tears a hole in the universe when you set it off. We experimented with using this as a new form of propulsion but after the 18th test pilot died in a vortex of Kraken induced death we decided just to make a bomb out of it.

i1l7bmocerpehdcfg.jpg

K3 Warhead

Quite possibly our most sinister looking weapon to date the K3 combines the destructive potential of the K2 with the size of the K1. Sadly this warhead is very delicate and hard to contain so it can only be delivered by parachute like the K1. Due to its fairly low 50% success rate (Failure is still dangerous) for legal reasons we leave it to our customers to find a way to deliver this thing to its intended target.

0l2ppt173ky70pwfg.jpg

Download: http://www./download/dz72p0difz70fg0/Stock+Heavy+Weapons.zip

Vehicles

Bashkir Combat SSTO

After a relatively poor reception of our line of compact weapon systems the Castigo Weapons corporation has deemed it necessary to produce a multi-role combat SSTO in order to showcase its line of light weapons. As well as having space capabilities the Bashkir servers admirably as a ground attack fighter, to this end it mounts 4 V1 rocket pods and 2 B1 bombs. This armament gives it flexibility in both aerial/orbital combat and ground attack roles. The BA variant of the Bashkir forgoes its normal layout in favor of 2 Light Cannons. This abundant light firepower makes it perfect for taking out other SSTOs and lightly armored fighter craft.

zd5124vbc1birsifg.jpg

Download: http://www./download/67rwf0magjz7zof/Bashkir.zip

Talon Light Dropship

The Talon was created after our managing director suffered a bout of Mechwarrior related nostalgia and decided we needed a dropship. After an unreasonably large amount of R&D and repeatedly breaking the universe, our engineers were able to come up with the Talon. The dropship is itself unarmed and has a relatively small cargo capacity of 9 tons, it is of course an SSTO.

Flight Instructions:

1. Take off (You will need to press '1' after the spacebar to activate the single jet engine)

2. After taking off (Always wait until the end of the runway before attempting this) raise the nose to 45 degrees (This may require some manual control until sufficient altitude is reached)

3. At 12000m lower the nose to 30 degrees.

4. Once the rapiers switch over to rocket mode lower the throttle to one notch below max (This will cause engines to 'redline' but not explode)

5. Maintain flight until the desired apoapsis is reached (only tested to 80km)

6. Circularize orbit and press space again to detach cargo bay doors.

iru4n48arg04r6cfg.jpg

Download: http://www./download/8w1ltwmbrcb68x8/Talon+Light+Dropship.zip

Hasek Medium Tank

After acquiring blueprints for the M.A.N. VK30.03P tank out R&D team was so impressed with the accuracy of its weapons systems that we took it upon ourselves to design a tank around a similar system. The Hasek features a low slung wide chassis that is almost impossible to flip and mounts 4 specially designed V3.5 Rockets. It has weaker armor than the 'M.A.N' but makes up for it with the ability to continue functioning, even after extensive damage.

e68sls6lhscil1efg.jpg

Download: http://www./download/7p4xqrsb8q34ch3/Hasek+Tank.zip

Glaive Medium Tank

Designed as a light artillery mount for our heavy weapons (namely the K2 Kannon) the Glaive is lightly armoured but makes up for it with a sturdy, adjustable mount that can fit any of our heavy weapons.

cs9vs9ijf6319dtfg.jpg

Download: http://www./download/zokf0md06w5tn1s/Glaive+Tank.zip

Edited by Chiboko
Addition of new weapons

For the love of Jeb don't let my thread turn into a discussion about April fools day. Also if anyone has any suggestions for weapon types/styles I will be happy to attempt to build them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeesss... I LIKE IT! Also did you know that since shockwaves propel things, and things can overheat and explode... You can put Some sepratrons thrusting into say a cubic strut, and when it overheats it will propel the main projectile forwards at extreme velocities...

Here is my Panther mounted with the prototype weapon: http://www.filedropper.com/manvk3003p

Also I tried mounting the K1 Cannon on my panther, and the trajectories of the projectiles were a bit too random when the vehicle

was at rest. (The first shot would arch and hit the ground 25-40m away) then the second would fly straight and true.. Above the enemy sadly :(

When the K1 Cannon hit the front portion of the Hellrain Mk7 it simply bounced off :( But otherwise Great work!

Also I really do Like the H1 Mortar, but the structural fairing part (with the 999 impact tolerance) is really glitchy and tends to bend instead of penetrating things outright. Do you think you could make it out of Small I-Beams instead?

The rest of teh weapons are only really usable in Orbital-Combat or Aircraft use.

Edited by astecarmyman
Stuff

Bouncing usually occurs because the target is too close. The projectile does not have enough time to achieve the 81m/s velocity required to break structural plates. I will experiment with overheating base launchers.

Well that is true, but the problem is the projectiles range itself. On my tanks, all of the guns are angled upwards by 5 degrees to account for gravity,

however depending upon the projectile it will vary. The kind of weapons I want are ones that retain a straight and level trajectory (Try using my Panther tank Chassis to mount your weapons on), when firing at a standstill.

Ah. In that case I will work on a more compact (more shots) version of your Panther's cannon. I also have a Kraken powered bomb and an update to the V3.5 rocket but I am waiting until I have enough new weapons/improvements to do a largish update.

Castigo armaments is proud to announce the release of our first cargo SSTO.

On another note, we view the recent super tank as a serious threat to out business and intend to create our own model. Expect cpu melting levels of firepower, surface to orbit Kessler weapons and a Kraken grade main cannon (The Current idea is that it will launch B1 warheads as its projectiles)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very interested in this new "Kraken Plasma" style weapons system. Do you think you could make a more compact version of a Y-2K (I'm gonna mount it on one of my new wraith Warships) t1TkV0z.png

Something that can dock to a regular size docking port but is smaller so that more shots can be made?

Also I might have altered the Mk3 Warhead to be serviceable as a shotgun cannon.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by astecarmyman
stuff

• 3 weeks later...

I've tested the Kraken Warhead on some of the Armored ships in the Gentleman's Naval Battle Thread, and It doesn't seem to do as much damage as I thought. Do you think you could make a warhead of some sort that is the size of an I-beam? (or mountable on a junior/regular docking port)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.