Sign in to follow this  
DMagic

ARM Pack [0.23.5] Mod Compatibility Thread

The ARM pack is out, so I think it's time to check on Mod availability.

- Note that mods using Blizzy78's toolbar plugin may not function properly unless you update to the latest version

- Firespitter dependent mods may also require updating the plugin

- Check here for the latest version of ModuleManager

- See Ferram's post further down for info about properly using connection node sizes; useful for modders updating or making parts.

The ** indicates mods with 0.23.5-specific updates released, *** indicates the update may not be official, or is a test version.

Confirmed Working - I'd like to see at least two or three reports for non-parts mods before something is considered working.

Confirmed Working - May Have Bugs/Issues

Confirmed Not Working / Needs Updating

Please reply to this thread with working or not-working mods. Please use full names or links for mods when replying, I don't know all of the acronyms and abbreviations off hand.

Edited by DMagic
More links
  • Like 4

a mechjeb .dll was released by sabrian but hasnt been compiled to main page yet.

Procedural Fairings: All is working, no incompatibility-related problems detected.

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement: Updated, but most fixes are disabled by default. Use config.xml from 2.1 (just copy-paste it to gamedata\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\PluginData\KerbalJointReinforcement, replace the new one)

As a note, any part pack where the attach nodes aren't sized correctly for the parts will have weaker joints then they should. One of the changes includes using 3 joints instead of 1 for connections using size 2 or greater nodes, and larger nodes put the joints further part, making them stiffer. So mods with improper node sizing will be wobbly still.

from initial testing...

---------- KSP.LOG

Exception loading 'ActionGroupManager'

Exception loading 'AmbientLightAdjustment'

Exception loading 'CrewManifest'

Exception loading 'DockingPortAlignment'

Exception loading 'InfernalRobotics'

Exception loading 'MultipleSavesDA'

Exception loading 'RCSBuildAidToolbar'

Exception loading 'sceneJumper'

Exception loading 'ShipManifest'

... Redacted - on further testing all of these failed initial tests because of hard dependency on Blizzy's toolbar. With the toolbar reinstated they all loaded and worked fine \o/

Edited by Roxette

About RealChute:

0.23.5 has barely affected it, I merely had to recompile with the new Unity DLL. And since it seemed to be working well during the experimentals, I'd move it in "confirmed - may have bugs" :)

This may not be the place to put this...

Question: If I use the updated mods (Compatible with .23.5) with .23 (Not ARM) will they still work?

Kerbal Engineer Redux is definitely not working properly. It refuses to recognize ARM boosters radially, and recently has refused to show indeed any ARM stages.

from initial testing...

---------- KSP.LOG

Exception loading 'ActionGroupManager'

Exception loading 'AmbientLightAdjustment'

Exception loading 'CrewManifest'

Exception loading 'DockingPortAlignment'

Exception loading 'InfernalRobotics'

Exception loading 'MultipleSavesDA'

Exception loading 'sceneJumper'

Exception loading 'ShipManifest'

Should all of these be considered inop?

Maybe not inop, but buggy. I've not had problems with RCS Build Aid or Docking Port Alignment Indicator yet.

I'll standby on the update for now, then.

Kerbal Engineer Redux is definitely not working properly. It refuses to recognize ARM boosters radially, and recently has refused to show indeed any ARM stages.

however experimental version of ker avaible on development board seems to work ok

Did you test with the toolbar plugin installed? 'cause that dll depends on it.

Confirmed Working - May Have Bugs/Issues

Docking Indicator

Confirmed Not Working

DockingPortAlignment

Which of those docking mods is this one?

Did you test with the toolbar plugin installed? 'cause that dll depends on it.

I updated the post, they had all failed because the toolbar hadn't loaded. Further testing showed them all to be at least minimally functional. <hangs head in shame>

Visual Enhancements is working for me. I'm on the test branch though and not the latest official release.