April 2013 Forum wipe anniversary

Stealth2668

My account was lost, and at first I didn't realize that it had been. Very embarrassing.

Same here. I kept trying to log in again and again. I don't think I lost much though, as I hadn't joined very long before. If I did, I seem to have made up for it.

Is this the exact date? Just cause it's kind of my birthday...

Same here. I kept trying to log in again and again. I don't think I lost much though, as I hadn't joined very long before. If I did, I seem to have made up for it.

Is this the exact date? Just cause it's kind of my birthday...

No. The exact date I believe is the 18th of April, give or take a couple of days. April 18th is the "new" join date on my profile but IDK if I remade my account the day it happened or a couple of days later. It was definitely in Mid April though.

No. The exact date I believe is the 18th of April, give or take a couple of days. April 18th is the "new" join date on my profile but IDK if I remade my account the day it happened or a couple of days later. It was definitely in Mid April though.

Yup, 18th. I 'remade' my forum account the day after because I took a while to decide whether to stick with the old one I lost posts on or just start over with the name I use literally everywhere else on the internet.

So yeah, I didn't lose my account (only a couple of hundred posts) but I saw it as an excuse to make another.

I still have no clue about what exactly happened on the coffee spill of April. Nobody told me what exactly caused it to happen other than "it was a dark thing". My Kod, I want the full story of what happened with details and explanations, not a TL;DR summary! :huh:

HbhDOoi.png

Must... resist... making fun of... post count...

My account survived, obviously. I lost maybe a few hundred posts, but some great stuff was in those posts. The Hitchhiker's Guide to Kerbals, the Rise of the Kerborg, and dozens of other nifty little bits were accidentally purged that day. So sad...

I still have no clue about what exactly happened on the coffee spill of April. Nobody told me what exactly caused it to happen other than "it was a dark thing". My Kod, I want the full story of what happened with details and explanations, not a TL;DR summary! :huh:

Must... resist... making fun of... post count...

OMG, It's over.. *pinches lips*

I still had all my 12 posts.

Thank god for that! lol

Back then when i was a forum lurker i was looking for mods and the forum was down so i waited until it was back up then i realized alot of missing content on the forum. Thats how i remember it.

One year already?

Time goes by very fast!

I didn't loosed my account(I registered a long time before the Kraken attack on the forum) but I lost some post and threads(don't remember how many) but I do remember a particular tread I made, simply because it was showing why(ok, one of the reasons) this community was gold(figuratively I hope)!

My account blew up like Jebediah was pilot. Lost a couple hundred posts and 18 rep. Happily, I had copies of my longer mission reports, so I was able to re-post them after the recovery.

To Squad and the Mods: Good job on keeping things running smoothly since then!

I survived it.

I had made my account way back in order to ask if nose cones were as useless as they appeared to be at the time.

But that wasn't the only change that occurred then. It's also when we lost our previous community manager. No offense to Rowsdower but our previous CM was the best CM I've ever interacted with in my time following up and coming games. I've seen him start posting again on the forums of recent. It's good to know he's still around. I don't want to call him out or have others pester him so I'm not saying his username.

Rowsdower is doing an excellent job so nothing disparaging should be inferred by anyone reading this. Just wanted to make that clear.

I think the forum explosion and the main site outage and the basically cutting off of all means of communication between Squad and us at that time was a nightmare for the CM to deal with. It was like BOOM and nothing worked. We didn't know what was happening and Squad was scrambling to figure it out themselves and unable to communicate anything to us.

I lost somewhere close to 1500 posts, if I recall aright... eh. I got 'em all back eventually... and the crash was halfway through my hiatus, anyway, so it wasn't really till I got back that I noticed something was amiss, hehe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.