April 2013 Forum wipe anniversary

Stealth2668

What happened back then?

It's too difficult to talk about :(

Well ok, the forum servers or something crashed (IDK how it works) Which deleted everything (posts, discussions, threads) and I think they had to use an old back up from months before. Everything since that backup was gone. Any accounts made AFTER that backup didn't exist anymore and any threads and posts made after were gone too. As a result, people's post counts were dialed back a lot depending on how much they posted since the backup, and people lost rep and stickied threads that they made as well.

There actually was made a thread (I think by a mod) about that, and a video with OVER 9 THOUSAND. At that point I even think he had around 10.000... On topic, yes, but I joined around january anyways, so not a very big loss.

I believe my account was lost as well, I remember my username being slightly different.

Edits: Looking at what it says my join date is, I guess my account wasn't lost.

You probably lost some posts. People that joined much earlier still have their account but they're missing posts.

I survived, but lost a few hundred posts. I was quite active before the incident. 'Twas sad times... a few people I liked never returned, or just lurked.

At least I didn't lose as much as some (sal_vager!!!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.