[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

Professor Phineas Kerbenstein's wonderous vertical propulsion emporium.

Welcome to the most splendiferous, marvelous and fascinating workshop of the good Professor Phineas Kerbenstein.

Here we strive to pontificate, estimate, prevaricate and perambulate around the laboratory to invent and manufacture novel and inspired ways for kerbal kind to reach for the stars!!!

Please feel free to take a tour and try out some of our products, let us know if we can assist in some fashion to facilitate your fantastic voyage.

Packaged in our demonstrator crate are a variety of rocketry, aviation and science parts. Many of the intrepid adventurers who use our parts even return from space to land safely… Astounding!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

WhaleOil and NitrousOxide burn together... as a fuel directly (in a rocket), in a boiler to make Steam from Water, or in a generator for electricity,

Steam is used directly in a rocket nozzle for propulsion,

Steam cools over time and reverts to Water ( so watch how you use it )

GunPowder is a solid rocket fuel for boosters etc

Solar Sails must be facing somewhat toward the sun to work, but thrust can be throttled or turned off too.

Steam Train command pod has interactive windows now... for that all-round view

Kerbal Stuff link v0.22b

CurseForge link v0.22b

v0.1a Original.

v0.11a Minor bug fixes and new boosters and decouplers, arranged parts in tech-tree.

v0.12a Added some structural parts, LES, and more Landing legs.

v0.13a Added CogJeb Module and Jetpack, some minor tweaks to part configs.

v0.14a Released science parts.

v0.15a Fixed steam boiler and Generator, add props to IVA, small bugfixes.

v0.16a Released modular airship hulls, ships wheel and hydrogen dirigible. And small cannon :cool: ...some cfg adjustments and part adjustment for performance.

v0.17a Some station parts, tweaks and bugfixes.

v0.18a New experimental file structure for texture sharing, this install will break some saves.

v0.19a More parts, solar sail, moonshine etc.... compatibility fix for o.25

v0.20a Steam train parts, sounds and assorted wheels. and some bug fixes.

v0.21b Upgraded to KSP 1.02, Many tweaks to part configuration for balance.

v0.22b More compatibility fixes.

For a good install please remove your old "Kerb-fu" folder before unpacking the zip file.

Please Post Photos of your vessels on this thread, they may lead to more parts being developed :D

Please note that in order for the pusher propeller to work, you will require a copy of Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts ... just the plugin and sounds.

To use the CogJeb module you will need a copy of Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot

For the JetPack you will require both Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) and KerbolQuest – Jetpacks

The hydrogen dirigible requires HL Airships plugin

All credit for the above mods stays with the guys who made them, I am only shamelessly using their plugins, Please give them thanks and a cookie. :cool:

Pease check out Green Skull Inc. Custom Design Spacesuits and download the steampunk suit... :D

I would like to thank the gentle-kerbs who gave ideas and encouragement on the developement page, and also thanks to every-kerb on this thread too for your encouragement!!!

Extra thanks go to Greenskull and Boosterspice for their additions.

Remember I am still open to ideas and more parts will be coming. :)

In developement are:

Better internals and external details

Emissive Textures

Airship/Dirigible Baloons.... (more to come)

More Pods, 1 kerb and more

Bigger Tanks and Rockets

Different Propulsion Technology

Space Station Parts

Clockwork Probes

Cannon to launch kerbals, maybe for airship battles too!!!

etc...

I plan to evolve my parts into more of an industrial look as they get bigger.

Please give me ideas.... pics or description

And any bugs or problems so I can fine tune parts.

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

Edited by Kerb-fu

Recommendation: List the version your mod is built for in the title of your thread, like so: "[0.23] Professor Phineas..." People are especially happy for this useful information in times like these when a new update just came out and many mods are "between versions".

Other than that? Those parts look amazing, especially the canvas wing plane!

You sir, are an absolute genius. Who needs bulky and industrial metal engines when you can get this amount of wooden and coppery sophistication?

Looks like the golden age of early kerbal space endeavours. You need to get your own custom spacesuit, with a nice curly mustache and a monocle xD

Steampunk FTW!

You sir, are an absolute genius. Who needs bulky and industrial metal engines when you can get this amount of wooden and coppery sophistication?

Looks like the golden age of early kerbal space endeavours. You need to get your own custom spacesuit, with a nice curly mustache and a monocle xD

Steampunk FTW!

And muttonchops......

How about something more akin to an old fashioned diving suit?

I was just about to re edit my post with that! The old brass / copper looking diving helmet and boots along with a sort of dark brown heavy fabric texture to the suit - canvas - and an old fashioned needle style gauge or two. EVA jetpack would be brass also with gauges.

IVA could be a tweed suit!

Can you get a wiki or usage instructions up somewhere? I mean, I was following the dev thread so I know, but other might not.

Anyway, for a tech tree idea, why not just follow the stock one? Put your solar panels at the same node as the stock ones, same with the discombobulator/SAS. Might need to think on the various engines and fuel tanks, but you'll need more of them to make a good decision.

Can you get a wiki or usage instructions up somewhere? I mean, I was following the dev thread so I know, but other might not.

Anyway, for a tech tree idea, why not just follow the stock one? Put your solar panels at the same node as the stock ones, same with the discombobulator/SAS. Might need to think on the various engines and fuel tanks, but you'll need more of them to make a good decision.

Looking into it, ill try to match stock equivalents, have noticed some weird disapearing parts now its in with other mods...... lost my steam tank !!!

---Edit---

Found it! its only lost in career mode, most likely a Work experience Kerbal made a spelling mistake... there he is!!! dont let him get away !!!!!!

Edited by Kerb-fu

For starters I've jazzed up your cog. No offence but it is a touch plain and looked a bit odd with the steam punk look I'm aiming for on the suits.

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w615/greenskullinc/spacecogflag_zps93126c42.png

The cog looks much better, It like most of of the parts pack was a "get it out quick for alpha" operation, can i include the upgraded flag in the pack please?

I had to see if it matched the style... Purely for research purposes you understand... Beautiful parts!!! Download this NOW!!!

steampunk2_zpsf23fb459.png

- - - Updated - - -

The cog looks much better, It like most of of the parts pack was a "get it out quick for alpha" operation, can i include the upgraded flag in the pack please?

Yeah feel free to use that no problem :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.