[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

All of this is AMAZING! I can't wait to launch my kerbals on missions with that cannon. Set up a Kerbin Cannon Transit System :D

A new way of sending text messages, write it on a bit of paper and hand it to Jeb... put him in the canon and BOOM!!!... message sent!!! :cool:

New Version v0.16a

Spaceport

Dropbox

---edit---

Airship hull needs to placed first for some reason, then attach command capsule to it... still working on why :confused:

Let me know if anyone has lag issues with the hydrogen dirigible

and get this pack for cool flagpoles etc

And finally a craft file for the Jolly-Jeb ....

Edited by Kerb-fu

How u Control the altitute from ur Ballons/Zeppelins ?

Ok, first you need the HL Airships mod plugin (only really need the plugin, but he has some nice model blimps to use).... there is a link on the first post in this thread,

when/if you have that you should see a small gui window on your play screen ( you can toggle this window by right clicking on the balloon)

The gui window gives you the options you need to change the boyancy of the balloon, and to set it to hover on the spot...

If you are using the "Jolly Jeb" craft file I included, I have set the solar collectors to action group 3, stern thrusters to action group 4, and bow thrusters to action group 5. You can toggle them on and off for easy movement.

Legs are toggled using "G" and lights are "U" as per usual.

If you have KAS installed, then attach an anchor and winch etc.

And its alot easier to navigate if you EVA your pilot and walk him to the captains chair at the bow, or right-click and control from the cog-jeb on the capsule roof.

near top right corner of screenshot is the gui

pIaAkUC.jpg

Edited by Kerb-fu

Sorry to say but I think Airships sould not be able to reatch Space. (And Orbit).

I havnt tried for space in a baloon yet, but the poor old "Jolly Jeb v2" with 2 balloons has a max altitude of under 6km up... might not make it accross the mountains near the space base :wink:

fcd4ama.jpg

One thing i noticed - better not use Hooligan labs ballons and your ballons with FAR. (they are completely unsteerable)

I have the latest FAR on my test rig with HL and have had no problems, however the baloon causes an offset drag vector that can cause problems at high speed, and they always want to be on top :wink:

Edited by Kerb-fu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.