[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

While I absolutely love the looks of this mod, my framerate took a drastic nosedive when I tried to launch a rocket consisting of two FuelTowers and four black powder rockets around them. The craft file is shared from my dropbox.

Is this happening to you guys too? If so, what can be done about it? I really really really would like to land a barrel on my nearest Class E asteroid and mine some Space Whale Oil :D

While I absolutely love the looks of this mod, my framerate took a drastic nosedive when I tried to launch a rocket consisting of two FuelTowers and four black powder rockets around them. The craft file is shared from my dropbox.

Is this happening to you guys too? If so, what can be done about it? I really really really would like to land a barrel on my nearest Class E asteroid and mine some Space Whale Oil :D

I am currently skinny-ing down the file size to hopefully help it run better, some of the spherical parts can cause framerate drops as they have alot of triangles making up their surface.

Texturing is also getting a workover....

its all very tedious... but i will get there soon:rolleyes:

... land a barrel on my nearest Class E asteroid and mine some Space Whale Oil :D

By the way... How about a properly Steampunked version of the Klaw? Then, we could go and anchor a Spelljammer ship without relying on parts with pesky that Black-And-White-NASA looks. :)

After all, we need to hunt down all those Space Whales so the Space Kraken does starve :)

By the way... How about a properly Steampunked version of the Klaw? Then, we could go and anchor a Spelljammer ship without relying on parts with pesky that Black-And-White-NASA looks. :)

After all, we need to hunt down all those Space Whales so the Space Kraken does starve :)

I agree, I will be putting aside some time to try to re-create the claw... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to playing with this. Some of the timber parts should be just the ticket for my planned luxury yacht.

Also noticed the Water Boiler consumes NitrousOxide but stores Oxidizer. Is that deliberate or a mistake?

Just got to playing with this. Some of the timber parts should be just the ticket for my planned luxury yacht.

Also noticed the Water Boiler consumes NitrousOxide but stores Oxidizer. Is that deliberate or a mistake?

That would be an oversight from the quality control department, my apologies :wink:

When the clockwork probes are released will there be a module manager file to give them RemoteTech 2 Compatibility?

Not sure yet, I will see. Looking for inspiration at the moment...

Here is a test install link for shared textures version, No new parts from v0.17a, but the file is only 12Mb now...

File structure has changed and some part names are different, so this will probably break saves... ;.;

anyway.... Dropbox Link Kerb-fu v0.18a

remember to remove your old Kerb-fu folder before you unpack this....

Liking the new station parts, and not spotted any bugs with the texture sharing so far. Would it not be more versatile to make the wide end on the station domes fit flush with other 2.5 m parts though?

Also, you've got the description in the manufacturer field for the station dome (the lighting one).

So I was trying to find the awesome steampunk RC creations of this awesome guy, and I didn't remember the name of the website. I do remember he made a steampunk drawing tutorial, so I searched for that and I found out that that website's name is Crabfu Steamworks. This explains the name Kerb-Fu, I'm guessing.

So I was trying to find the awesome steampunk RC creations of this awesome guy, and I didn't remember the name of the website. I do remember he made a steampunk drawing tutorial, so I searched for that and I found out that that website's name is Crabfu Steamworks. This explains the name Kerb-Fu, I'm guessing.

Nothing to do with me sorry, but it sounds like I should check it out for inspiration maybe :cool:

Liking the new station parts, and not spotted any bugs with the texture sharing so far. Would it not be more versatile to make the wide end on the station domes fit flush with other 2.5 m parts though?

Also, you've got the description in the manufacturer field for the station dome (the lighting one).

will fix bug for next version, cheers! :wink:

I was going for a modular look, but I was thinking of some intermediate assemblies to tie things more seamlessly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.