[1.02] Vertical Propulsion Emporium. v0.22b (10th may 2015)

Kerb-fu

Maybe some copper external fuel lines to transfer water, whale oil, and oxidizer into the boilers and such? Or even just copper external fuel lines so we can do steampunk asparagus staging. Also I am sure bigger capsules and water tanks will be coming in the future? Last comment and it is purely for people who dont like to play around. Me I like love playing around figuring out how to make the various tanks, engines, and goodies to work some people really might get frustrated not knowing how to get rockets off the ground immediately. So better definitions of how to put the parts together in the descriptions or craft files so people can see how things work. That all being said once again this is truly a fabulous and refreshing mod. Its also beautifully made and well thought out. The biggest of high fives to you.

I am still trying to figure out fuel lines and struts, that burning smell is my brain frying:wink:

I have an extremely basic tutorial on the forum page, however i could probably fit more in the part descriptions, I will put it into motion.

And thankyou for your compliment sir

Hmm know not perhaps a bit Tesla Style technology would look good too.

You know Teslacoils and so...

Ohhh and what is very important (especial because your parts do not support fuelconnection) we need a steampunk version of the fuelpipeline in the Stockspart.

And a ladder is needed too that the poor guy must not fall out his barrel.

And radial mountable tanks, to must not all stuck in one line.

Can the Commandpod look a bit more curved like the wahelfish oil barrel?

Perhaps a bigger one like the now one you know.

Hehe I hoped a bit to make sth like this *giggles* (yes I know this works not hehe this is a rocket ouf one of my chldhoods fav cartoons *gg*)

http://home.arcor.de/majsai/doctor-snuggles/Charaktere/Dreamy_Boom_Boom.GIF

I have ideas for tesla coils for some of the science parts etc..

I agree a ladder would be handy, I havnt got around to it yet:wink: ...And radial tanks as well!

I've flown it now, and I must say, it is a most splendid mod. Tesla stuff and science stuff would be awesome too :cool: One thing though. The mod is great so far, but since it is steampunk, I think you should make more things out of brass and copper, not just wooden barrels. Reminds me of the wacky wood wares mod a little too much, to be honest.

I've flown it now, and I must say, it is a most splendid mod. Tesla stuff and science stuff would be awesome too :cool: One thing though. The mod is great so far, but since it is steampunk, I think you should make more things out of brass and copper, not just wooden barrels. Reminds me of the wacky wood wares mod a little too much, to be honest.

As parts get larger and further up the tech tree they will become more industrial looking ( more metal, less wood )

I am still trying to figure out fuel lines and struts, that burning smell is my brain frying:wink:

I have an extremely basic tutorial on the forum page, however i could probably fit more in the part descriptions, I will put it into motion.

For struts and fuel lines you could use your own textures instead of KAS (kerbal attachment system). I could imagine spider silk struts and copper piping!

For struts and fuel lines you could use your own textures instead of KAS (kerbal attachment system). I could imagine spider silk struts and copper piping!

Re-textured stock stuff... works untill i can figure it out :P

6DceGQp.jpg

Looking good! I say, you work quickly. Perhaps have different colours for the strut and the fuel line?

They are just to be placeholders for now, while i work through the backlog of ideas, Next time I get some inspiration on them they will probably change :)

Can you make a barrel with whale oil that also contains oxidizer? I don't want to my rocket be ----------------------- this long.

I will have a look at what the professor keeps out the back of the lab, theres allways something good out there :D

Its interesting but we are drifting from the steampunk into cyberpunk, which is another story. Im not sure if that kind of material was available. I might be able to darken up the textures i have or go for a different metal like brass, lead or iron maybe...

---Edit---

Sorry, i missed the rubber hose reference and went straight down the wrong track... the ribbed rubber hose thing sounds cool :D

Edited by Kerb-fu

Magnificent rocket there...

I am sorry, I missed the rubber hose reference (must be tired) but it sounds good... now all i have to do is marshal my limited modelling skills and see what happens :)

Im not sure what will happen on a stretchable pipe texture, should be fun!

On struts....

I believe you can save yourself some work there, at least on the struts. The mod already requires Firespitter so anybody playing this mod will have the Firespitter biplane struts available in their game. That's what I use for struts on steampunk rockets. There are 2 types of biplane struts in Firespitter that function just like stock struts. However, instead of looking like metal bars, 1 type looks like a varnished 1x8 board and the other looks like piano wire.

On the fuel lines, all you really need there is to retexture the stock one to make it look appropriately Victorian.

Anyone know what that rising-electricity-device is called? That would be perfect for an antenna.

If you mean this, that's called a Jacob's Ladder.

Other Frankenstein-type lab equipment include:

Wimshurst Generators

Van de Graaff Generators

Lord Kelvin's Thunderstorm

Tesla Coil

The main drawback to such things is that AFAIK they require an atmosphere to throw sparks via ionizing air molecules. I have no idea if they'd arc in space. So they might be more appropriate in IVA views like in the Mobile Lab. HOWEVER, this is a mod that pokes reality square in the eye so.... :)

so much copper.... need other metals, time for new stuff

Maybe you could do an oxidized copper or brass look? You know like hues of green to make it go with the the steampunk and kerbal theme of the parts just being found.

To the science point i mean retexturing the current stuff like you did with mechjeb should be fine, if it saves you time and heartache. I mean The mystery goo container seems ripe for a retexture into something whimsical and steampunky. Maybe use the textures you used to make the acid battery and just take one of those cylinders out with the green stuff and make that the mystery goo. Also to that point you could easily convert the acid battery by changing some of the textures and colors and maki ti into a new materials bay (sc-9001 jr.). Like purple yellow red, blue, and when the study is done they turn black.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.