ksp drm free?

Macko939

It is not possible to run any program that isn't installed on your computer or a computer that you're connected to! Yes, you can unzip it to a USB drive/flash drive/memory stick. That would be 'installing' it because that's all KSP needs. Yes, you can then run it on any computer you're allowed to plug that thing into. Yes, you're college is run by morons if they won't allow you to install software on 'their' computers but will allow you to run any old thing from 'your' drives. (Actually - good reason you keep it is no clutter from thousands of students on their machines. Bad reason - 'security'; if you run it on their machine it doesn't matter that it's on your stick, it's still connected to their system and could be a deleteAll virus.)

Steam is a great platform. Valve made a huge, huge market in that. Down side is; Steam is nothing more than a online provider. An platform that provided you with an online support to play and or buy games. Almost pretty much every game sold on Steam exist somehow or somewhere outside Steam. Meaning; You can play, download or support the game without the need of having Steam. Steam is a bundle. A platform that it all brings together. Most people don't know that, and Steam gets all the credits. Steam is the Dropbox for the gaming industry at the moment. Steam provides a huge demand of costumers and market share. Steam is the Hollywood for Games. Therefor; I as a more computer geek/nerd kind of person I prefer to leave Steam alone. Pretty much for the reason you said. Online. (Can be offline.) Another company who try's to make money from me, get information out of me. Stream is lovely. If your want fast and easy access of many games as possible. If you want real game control? Cheat, mod, change game files and all that stuff. I recommend you drop Steam.. (Still, I don't say it can't be done when using Steam..)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.