101 Science for asteroid sample

Lohan2008

Someone should make a mod that gives you some OP amount of science for Bringing an asteroid back to Kerbin, and landing with it, safely.

Oh my god, I'm putting this is the suggestions thread.

Well I hate to push something but I just released Mission Controller .60. And it has a new Asteroid Redirect mission built into the contract system. And the base pay for science to finish the mission is 500... It all matters what company offers the Contract though. And the Base Pay out is 700,000 Credits, or Kerb Credits or whatever you want to call the money system. ;) Again that fluctuates with What company is giving you the contract.

Its not easy though because the random system can pick any asteroid for you.. If you get lucky you might get a small one... But you can also get Contracted for the big one.. The hardest part is getting the thing back into orbit.. The orbits are also random and can be from just outside Mun orbit or all the way out past Minmus..

Not including all the other missions you can get..

Edited by malkuth

I wonder if that is constant or depends on the size of the asteroid

I'm skeptical it is, but I believe I got 80 from my tiny asteroid, so maybe it is dependent on something.

- - - Updated - - -

But I mean, 80-100 points for traveling to something in your own back yard and back? Without even having to enter/exit an atmosphere? I don't think asteroids like we have now should be worth much more.

The possibilities of the current tech-level, the cost of the nodes, the gaining of science ... it is not that balanced right now.

If one specific experiment/voyage can pay off to well, the tech tree did not have to have so many different nodes in the first place.

Are there multiple/different experiements/results depending on size or orbit/altitude above Kerbin?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.