Macey Dean

a89a89

... Who is Macey Dean? Are they a Youtuber? A modder? I've never heard of them.
I think he's a youtuber

You guys both need to look him up right this minute! Macey dean is insanely skilled and his spirit of kerbin series is incredible. As for why happened to him, your guess is as good as mine.

I don't think anyone knows, but I for one am saddened by his disappearance. His creations were truly epic.

His last update was a ship submissions video, so he definitely had plans to continue. Hopefully he's just got a busy life and it's not something bad.

Hopefully nothing bad happened. There are too many possibilities though, and I don't think we should be discussing other people's lives on the forum.

I don't think anyone knows, but I for one am saddened by his disappearance. His creations were truly epic.

His last update was a ship submissions video, so he definitely had plans to continue. Hopefully he's just got a busy life and it's not something bad.

I dunno, zero activity from youtube for 8 months without even taking a minute to type: "Hey personal stuff is happening and I can't do videos anymore". On top of that, his videos had views in the hundred thousands! There is no way anyone drop that kinda internet fame without saying as to why, never mind disappearing off the face of the internet without saying good-bye. Which makes me fear for the worst. ;.;

Edited by WhiteWeasel

There are youtubers that fall off the face of the earth (or Kerbin) once in a while.

There was this guy "Stomp" who made great videos, great commentaries, great builds, one of the first KSP youtubers I´ve ever watched and the main reason I started to play; then for some reason he closed his channel without any kind of explanation, opened a new one as "Pixel Stache" and started over with KSP like "Stomp" never existed, like from zero, basic builds, tutorials, etc... and then 4 months after starting over he dissapeared again never to be heard of.

Strange things happens in the tubes dudes!

There is no way anyone drop that kinda internet fame without saying as to why

If his life doesn't allow him to record and edit videos anymore (which, trust me, can take a while) then there must have been a big change, in which case youtube is probably the last thing on his mind.

Although, from reading through some comments in the discussion tab of his youtube channel, apparently he had some big internet failure and has just stopped. Other comments say that some of his youtuber and streamer friends have said that nothing BAD has happened to him and he's okay.

He was the only KSP guy I really followed when he was active, other than Scott Manley. He did some really excellent things with stock. I think my favourite was how he retrofitted the front of his carrier which had been damaged by flying up new parts and attaching them with docking ports. His imagined fiction behind his videos was also lots of fun.

I keep him subbed just in case....

I don't know how true it is, but I read a comment on one of Suestras videos saying Macey had some personal issues to deal with. It was implied that nothing physically bad has happened to him.

Apparently Suestra made a comment in a video about it (ie in comments), since everyone was asking him, since they did one video together.

Basically this is third hand information, so I can't say how accurate it is.

I miss him too. I was waiting to find out what happened in his series, he had a great story line going.

• 2 weeks later...

as suestra also have quit making videos and the last bit of information from macey was "Season 2 coming soon" then i think they are colaberating to make season 2. by the way, never mind my grammar

Maybe he just decided he had enough, got over it, had a kid etc etc. Or he has varied hobbies, i mean a love KSP and gaming in general, but my biggest hobby is modifying cars which others can attest too, can steal all the time, money and sanity if a project is in full swing.

Anyone remember trydyingtolive?

It's probably same issue with him, Macey has.

But trydying was inactive before I subscribed to him, but he only had 1 or 2 videos per version, but he hasn't said anything since 0.17.

He's alive though, I'm fairly certain of it. He has kids, preaches to the quire for his church, and seems to be busy, least acording to one of his update videos... From 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

As for his legacy, Spartwo made a thread that allows people to battle each other in the same style as Battle of Laythe.

Feel free to check it out

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/74234-Gentlemen-s-Naval-Battle-Club%28Ready-to-begin%29

Also me and Spartwo have been making re-creations of the Hanland ships that are were unavailable to be downloaded.

So far we have made the Grendel, and the Suestra Command Cruiser. Anybody want a copy?

• 3 months later...