More than 8 stages?

Is it possible to pass more than eight stages? I have one main rocket, that I want to fire after I have done two rounds of 8 mini rockets, with an ascent stage for orbit/deorbit, but I cant because I seem to be stuck at 8 stages. Is there a way to pass this limit or am I missing something?

I've made rockets with up to 12 stages. Just keep adding things to the bottom. If you click the command module and drag up, you can give yourself more space under the rocket to add stuff to the bottom.

Yes it is possible, add some decouplers to the bottom of your rocket and you should have some more stages create themselves.

HarvesteR is currently working on 0.9, which should introduce a feature where you can manually add stages, until then, its just decoupler adding.

I mean eight stages on the far right of the screen. the orange bars.

I remember seeing at least 12 'stages'. This for launch vehicles with quite a few engine stages (5?). You can start messing around with booster stages. They don't all have to go off at the same time. One of my favorite things to do is have 2 sets of boosters as well as the main launch engines. They're often necessary if you put boosters on top stages as well.

I've made a rocket with 24 stages before and I regularly go past 15 or 16 stages with my designs. You do know that you can scroll up and down the stage list by hovering the mouse near the top and the bottom?

I've made a rocket with 24 stages before and I regularly go past 15 or 16 stages with my designs. You do know that you can scroll up and down the stage list by hovering the mouse near the top and the bottom?

Doesn't work in mission if there are no icons left. You can get 'stuck' at the bottom (and have to find the command capsule to scroll the list for you).