[WIP] Aerojet Kerbodyne (Released Service Module Pack)

DHLTwew.png

Some of you might know me here as a texture artist, I'm here to take my next step in modding, modelling.

Now making the Kerbal X pack

Javascript is disabled. View full album

RELEASE THREAD

Testers:

DasBananenbrot

Sippyfrog

MaverickSawyer

likke_A_boss

wasmic

Coming Soon:

Crew Can Module

Rework of some parts

Engine FX

Emissives

Future Features:

Rocketdyne Parts Kerbalized

Stock Extensions

More NASA parts

Edited by blackheart612

As someone who's SEEN some of the stuff they had been working on, that is spot on. Keep at it!

As for the engine, it's actually an AJ10-1**. Not sure what the exact designation was. I'll ask someone who was actually working on it.

Also, can you try to do the RCS pods for the Lockheed Martin SM?

Edited by MaverickSawyer

I sort of envisioned SDHI as a (ostensibly) stockalike parts pack, hence my decision to use a modified LV-909 rather than modelling a more accurate-looking engine from scratch.

That being said, I really like your LES :)

As someone who's SEEN some of the stuff they had been working on, that is spot on. Keep at it!

As for the engine, it's actually an AJ10-1**. Not sure what the exact designation was. I'll ask someone who was actually working on it.

Also, can you try to do the RCS pods for the Lockheed Martin SM?

Yeees, the Aerojet AJ10. At last someone reminds me the name I forgot.

You mean Orion's RCS on the tank? (I'll try, I'm learning, I just started today)

Edit: lol AJ AJ10

I sort of envisioned SDHI as a (ostensibly) stockalike parts pack, hence my decision to use a modified LV-909 rather than modelling a more accurate-looking engine from scratch.

That being said, I really like your LES :)

Thanks, LV-909 has it's own purpose, imo. Also, pretty sure I will have a hard time making engine stats, this engine currently has LV-909 stats.

I can make the engine a little bit stockalike considering the NASAmission pack contains 1024*1024 quite amazingly detailed engines. This also runs on the same company name so that won't be that hard :D

Edited by blackheart612

Yeees, the Aerojet AJ10. At last someone reminds me the name I forgot.

No worries. That's what I'm here for! :P

You mean Orion's RCS on the tank? (I'll try, I'm learning, I just started today)

On the service module, yes. Check your inbox.

Hell of a lot better than I can do!

Looks great so far, the LAS actually looks big enough to lift the capsule a safe distance! Would you consider making a pod extension like I mentioned here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52362-0-23-5-Sum-Dum-Heavy-Industries-Service-Module-System-%28V1-8-20-Mar-2014%29?p=1046685&viewfull=1#post1046685

Hmmm, I dunno, I have no idea how to make IVAs at the moment, really. But if it's non-IVA'd, I'll put that on the list. (Still a long way to go though)

Thanks for the support as always, DasBananenbrot :D

Really liking that LES, looks great! The only suggestion I have is to make those flames from those main motors bigger (maybe add HotRockets like you mentioned?). If you look at any footage of LES testing you can see that those things are really powerful and probably quite traumatic to be around. The flames are actually so big they will extend well beyond the base of the capsule.

Really liking that LES, looks great! The only suggestion I have is to make those flames from those main motors bigger (maybe add HotRockets like you mentioned?). If you look at any footage of LES testing you can see that those things are really powerful and probably quite traumatic to be around. The flames are actually so big they will extend well beyond the base of the capsule.

Yes, I am fully aware of that. That is really the reason why I want to integrate it because the real flames are really horrifyingly huge and also see if I can make smokes go off the top part of it. Though, SoonTM

PS, just recently made a curvier looking engine, I will change HG-1 soon. Might even name it HG10 XD

Edited by blackheart612

Yes, I am fully aware of that. That is really the reason why I want to integrate it because the real flames are really horrifyingly huge and also see if I can make smokes go off the top part of it. Though, SoonTM

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Well, since Squad put a side-mounted thruster on their LAS tower, I suspect that if you were to put a few small thrust transforms around the top, you'd be able to get an effect rather like this:

That's what the Orion LAS will use to provide attitude control.

There's also the Jettison motor:

This is used to haul the now-spent LAS tower away from the capsule.

And finally, the all-important escape motor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExTBmOnDck4

The whole stack looks like this when in use:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.